Falcons willing to move up from No. 6 in Round One

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Slappy967

Starter
Yeah I saw Dimitroff & Snead exchanging hair tips a lot at the combine. First thought was man a drop to 6 and some extra picks would be a nice fit. Would love to see it happen and think we are still looking at 1-2 QBs going in the first 6 picks.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
That's all well and good till a couple QB's don't come off the board and or a couple other teams trade up to get one of the top 4 players. So then what we left with, barr Mack, Lewan etc.? Miss a chance at a elite player for a another 2nd rounder? Sneed better think this one thru.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This trade would only come about if the Texans select Bortles. Once that happens Snead would have all his offers already in hand. #6 is as low as I want to go. Atlanta just got an extra 4th round selection so Snead could bet that he could get the trade down with Atlanta giving us their 2nd #37 & their early 4th rounder around #103 pick in 2014 and a 4th rounder in 2015 would be as cheap as I would go. Snead having two 2nd rounders deep in this draft is in a great position to get a CB & safety.

With the Jags @ #3 going to a 34 they could desire 34 OSLB'er K.Mack in order to make that work! Browns @ #4 could go WR/QB/ORT(Mathews). Who knows what the Raiders will do...QB/WR/LB leaving Snead with the ability to go OT or WR Watkins IMO.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I don't mind moving down to 6 at all. I think it is relatively safe because I think it highly unlikely that at least two QBs don't go in the first 5 picks. If that happens, you will still be looking at least one of Robinson/Mathews/Clowney/Watkins. We could use any of those guys. I know, Clowney isn't a need but arguably the best talent in the draft falls to you at 6, what are going to do? You'll figure out a way to creatively use him on D that will blow the top of things. Rest easy Rams' bros. A move to 6 is a no lose proposition.

PhxRam

I am starting to get a real sinking feeling we are going to screw the pooch in this draft.

Alan

Legend
Get off the ledge Phx. :LOL: We're going to get some good players even if things don't go exactly how we want them to happen in a perfect world. I think their great players #2 and #13.

That's talking worst case too.

PhxRam

Get off the ledge Phx. :LOL: We're going to get some good players even if things don't go exactly how we want them to happen in a perfect world. I think their great players #2 and #13.

That's talking worst case too.

What is appealing in this?

screenshot_290.png

Alan

Legend
I think it would mean that we're going to get one of the top four players in the draft if two QBs are taken. Plus at least another great extra pick in the 2nd round that could likely become another immediate starter. What do you see?

PhxRam

I think it would mean that we're going to get one of the top four players in the draft if two QBs are taken. Plus at least another great extra pick in the 2nd round that could likely become another immediate starter. What do you see?

Why would you trade with a team that is potentially targeting the same position that you are?

paceram

Pro Bowler
This trade would only come about if the Texans select Bortles. Once that happens Snead would have all his offers already in hand. #6 is as low as I want to go. Atlanta just got an extra 4th round selection so Snead could bet that he could get the trade down with Atlanta giving us their 2nd #37 & their early 4th rounder around #103 pick in 2014 and a 4th rounder in 2015 would be as cheap as I would go. Snead having two 2nd rounders deep in this draft is in a great position to get a CB & safety.

With the Jags @ #3 going to a 34 they could desire 34 OSLB'er K.Mack in order to make that work! Browns @ #4 could go WR/QB/ORT(Mathews). Who knows what the Raiders will do...QB/WR/LB leaving Snead with the ability to go OT or WR Watkins IMO.

I guess I am dreaming hoping the Falcons (or, whoever) would include their 2015 1st Rounder in any trade with the Rams!

Alan

Legend
PhxRam limiting his choices:
Why would you trade with a team that is potentially targeting the same position that you are?
You're not going to have very much fun at draft time if you can only see one way to go and only one player who can accomplish it. I see the merits of those who want Watkins. I see the merits of those who want Robinson and to those who want Matthews instead. I see the merits of drafting a player like Mack. If two QBs are taken I see at least one of those options becoming available. I have my druthers but I don't see the Rams not coming out of this draft way ahead of where they came in.

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
dropping to 6 scares me a little cause im hoping for Robinson or Watkins and I think both will be gone by then. if that were the case id be looking to trade down again.

Me too

As for the title...

Pfff... I've heard that one before.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Any team would say they're open to anything at this point. It's like my Dad would say, anything he owns is for sale for the right price.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
6th pick and 37th pick for 2nd pick would be a good deal. If we got anything else (e.g. 4th rounder) even better. Either Robinson or Matthews would be available with 6th pick. Gilbert, Pryor or Evans with the 13th pick. Decent receiver and decent CB/FS with 37th and 44th picks. 3 or 4 new/quality starters sounds pretty good to me. Especially in a couple of years.