Ezekiel Elliott suspension on again and off again and on again and off again and finally over

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I heard that it was ruled by a judge or the NFL he's play in week one, but nothing here. My roommate read it on is phone could have just been a misjudgment about the fact the NFL would not rule on Monday.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ekiel-elliott-appeal-decision-coming-tuesday/

In a brief filed by the NFLPA and shared by attorney Daniel Wallach, in support of their request for a temporary restraining order blocking any suspension, the union said that Henderson has told all parties that he will issue a ruling before the close of business on Tuesday.

The brief also tackles the NFL’s assertion that the restraining order should be denied on the grounds that the union filed suit prematurely. While the suit was filed before Henderson’s decision, the NFLPA argues that “if the NFLPA and Elliott were forced to wait for the Award to be rendered before filing the Petition, no court would have the opportunity to stop Elliott’s unlawful suspension in its tracks” and that “injunctions are issued when the bulldozer is on the front lawn—not after it has razed the house.”

A hearing on the temporary restraining order is set for Tuesday at 5 p.m. CT. It remains to be seen if that will be after Henderson issues his own decision or not.

…..

Legend
Six-game suspension of Ezekiel Elliott upheld, but Cowboys RB OK for Week 1
9:03 PM ET

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ott-dallas-cowboys-six-game-suspension-upheld

Arbitrator Harold Henderson has upheld the six-game suspension for Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott on Tuesday, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Despite the suspension being upheld, Elliott is still eligible to play in the team's season opener Sunday against the New York Giants.

"We are extremely disappointed with Mr. Henderson's inability to navigate through league politics, and follow the evidence and, most importantly, his conscious," Elliott's attorneys said in a statement.

The statement also contends that Elliott is the "victim of a conspiracy orchestrated by the National Football League and its officers to keep exonerating evidence from the decision-makers, including the advisors and Roger Goodell."

Elliott was suspended for six games of the regular season for violating the league's personal conduct policy stemming from domestic violence allegations last year. His appeal hearing was held last week, heard by arbitrator Harold Henderson in New York.

Elliott was at Cowboys practice Tuesday, preceding his appearance at the U.S. District Court in Sherman, Texas.

He was away from the team last week, but took part in meetings and a walk-through last Saturday. The Cowboys have been going through their training camp with the idea of getting Elliott ready for Week 1.

The appeal was heard over three days last week, beginning Aug. 29 and featuring more than 25 hours of testimony. Hours after his appeal hearing ended last week, Elliott and the NFL Players Association filed a petition with the U.S. District Court in Texas to vacate the arbitration decision and made a request a day later for the emergency temporary restraining order. Judge Amos Mazzant III is scheduled to hear that request Tuesday with a decision expected by Friday.

Late Monday, the NFL filed a motion to dismiss both the NFLPA's petition to vacate and the restraining order request, arguing that it is improper to seek relief from an arbitration that had not yet been made.

"I think Zeke has done an excellent job focusing on what he needs to do to get himself ready to play," Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Monday.

Darren McFadden, Rod Smith and Alfred Morris have received work with the first-team offense in training camp practices. Elliott has only appeared in one preseason game, carrying the ball six times for 18 yards and catching two passes for 6 yards in 10 snaps against the Oakland Raiders on. Aug. 26.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is all I've been reading about for a month now. Yes, I've read all the info. This is par for the course with the Cowboys. If this were any other team, it wouldn't be *as*big a deal. I also fully expect the refs to be freaking us all year because of this. Luckily, I believe our offense can beat the refs on top of the opponent on a decent amount of games.

Didn't the orgy bus get a run this year?

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Six-game suspension of Ezekiel Elliott upheld, but Cowboys RB OK for Week 1
9:03 PM ET

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ott-dallas-cowboys-six-game-suspension-upheld

Arbitrator Harold Henderson has upheld the six-game suspension for Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott on Tuesday, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Despite the suspension being upheld, Elliott is still eligible to play in the team's season opener Sunday against the New York Giants.

"We are extremely disappointed with Mr. Henderson's inability to navigate through league politics, and follow the evidence and, most importantly, his conscious," Elliott's attorneys said in a statement.

The statement also contends that Elliott is the "victim of a conspiracy orchestrated by the National Football League and its officers to keep exonerating evidence from the decision-makers, including the advisors and Roger Goodell."

Elliott was suspended for six games of the regular season for violating the league's personal conduct policy stemming from domestic violence allegations last year. His appeal hearing was held last week, heard by arbitrator Harold Henderson in New York.

Elliott was at Cowboys practice Tuesday, preceding his appearance at the U.S. District Court in Sherman, Texas.

He was away from the team last week, but took part in meetings and a walk-through last Saturday. The Cowboys have been going through their training camp with the idea of getting Elliott ready for Week 1.

The appeal was heard over three days last week, beginning Aug. 29 and featuring more than 25 hours of testimony. Hours after his appeal hearing ended last week, Elliott and the NFL Players Association filed a petition with the U.S. District Court in Texas to vacate the arbitration decision and made a request a day later for the emergency temporary restraining order. Judge Amos Mazzant III is scheduled to hear that request Tuesday with a decision expected by Friday.

Late Monday, the NFL filed a motion to dismiss both the NFLPA's petition to vacate and the restraining order request, arguing that it is improper to seek relief from an arbitration that had not yet been made.

"I think Zeke has done an excellent job focusing on what he needs to do to get himself ready to play," Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said Monday.

Darren McFadden, Rod Smith and Alfred Morris have received work with the first-team offense in training camp practices. Elliott has only appeared in one preseason game, carrying the ball six times for 18 yards and catching two passes for 6 yards in 10 snaps against the Oakland Raiders on. Aug. 26.
So this means he will be out starting week 2? or is he eligible indefinitely?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Didn't the orgy bus get a run this year?

roflbot.jpg

Psycho_X

Legend
Suspension has been upheld but he's being allowed to play against Giants first due to timing. Sucks for giants fans lol. NFL just wanted extra ratings boost for their first Sunday night game lol.

https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000839569/article/ezekiel-elliotts-6game-suspension-upheld-will-play-sunday?networkId=4595&site=.news&zone=story&zoneUrl=url=story&zoneKeys=s1=story&env=&pageKeyValues=prtnr=around-the-league;team=dal;conf=nfc;dvsn=nce&p.ct=Around+the+NFL&p.adsm=false&p.tcm=#fff&p.bgc1m=#0964bf&p.bgc2m=#053a74&sr=amp

Edit: didn't see it posted already while scrolling on phone. But anyway yeah, got to preserve that prime time match up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Edit: didn't see it posted already while scrolling on phone. But anyway yeah, got to preserve that prime time match up.
Yeah i think it's called a SNF ratings technicality. I'm not sure how much more transparent the decision to let him play week 1 could be.

[paraphrasing from what i heard on radio] "Lawyers or whomever determined it was the right thing to do because of the timing etc " blah blah. I personally don't care about Dallas or the Giants, tv ratings or the bad Ewok...but it's just really silly to call it a legal technicality.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, I'm not sure I understand the rationale behind allowing him to play week 1? Huh?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is rapidly turning into another "Deflate-Gate" situation by the Media! Zeke will probably spend as much time on suspension as Brady did!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

That guy needs to have a little convo with Child Protective Services because that is a TERRIBLE thing to do. What a cretin!

Not anyone defending him anyway!

This is rapidly turning into another "Deflate-Gate" situation by the Media! Zeke will probably spend as much time on suspension as Brady did!!

This is wrapped up, put a fork in it. Done!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have to guess that the things that were in text messages were pretty damning evidence. I thought it was going to get dropped to 4 games but it didn't. I'm guessing that the texts were the the thing that shot him down.

Fucked up.

I get it she is a total skank, but 3 times in 5 days? Then again on a trip to Florida.

Dude has a problem.