Ezekiel Elliott suspension on again and off again and on again and off again and finally over

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Did Zeke freak your wife, or something? You're definitely living up to your username right now. You must be a joy to be around.

Listen Rynie..........while the chick is a total fucking skank (and there is NO doubt about that) the bruises and marks didn't just appear out of nowhere. And his claim that she got them in a bar fight has NO credibility, not a single person witnessed it because it didn't happen. Not one person has come forward to say they saw her in a bar fight.

Just because she is a skank doesn't make it OK to hit her. And according to the investigation he did it on 3 different occasions in a week.

I get it you are a Cowboys fan but don't you think there should be some punishment applied to Elliott for what he did?

Unless something VERY unlikely comes to light I think he should pay the price.

The ONLY way I let him off the hook is if she really tried to blackmail him about the sex tapes. In that case what he did wrong was not beat her nearly enough. She did register the domain name you see in the text below. From the NFL's report:

The NFL’s report also stated that Thompson admitted registering an email address titled “ezekielelliott sex vids” in August 2016.

But there has not been a claim made by Elliott that she tried to blackmail him otherwise he would have accused her of that. So this is unlikely.

I'm curious why you are trying to excuse what he did.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Did Zeke freak your wife, or something? You're definitely living up to your username right now. You must be a joy to be around.

No, I view Dallas RB the same as former Baltimore RB and former Atlanta/Philly/Pittsburgh QB IMO.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
No, I view Dallas RB the same as former Baltimore RB and former Atlanta/Philly/Pittsburgh QB IMO.
Yeah, because he's totally guilty of all of those things. Go get some Lamictal, dude. It's a mood stabilizer. Don't go through the rest of your life clouded by anger. I'm here for you.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yeah, because he's totally guilty of all of those things. Go get some Lamictal, dude. It's a mood stabilizer. Don't go through the rest of your life clouded by anger. I'm here for you.

@Rynie Do you think he is innocent?

drasconis

Starter
Name
JA
Still going with my call of drop to 3 or 4 game suspension, probably 3, and he and player association live with it, doubt they really want it going to a public court

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm just curious because Rynie seems to be borderline defending EE.

It's going to be interesting now that he is suing the league. That doesn't ever turn out well for players.

Didn't Rice and Peterson recently win cases?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Didn't Rice and Peterson recently win cases?

Rice sued the Ravens, not the NFL, for terminating his contract (I think).

Peterson got his suspension reduced because the NFL was trying to retroactively apply current punishment to his older case. So the NFL was out of bounds there.

Elliot got suspended for 6 games, which is a lot of games so they had to see something they didn't like and are protecting their image. Keep in mind that police were called when he was in Florida with this same woman. They have text messages, photos and other "substantial" as they said evidence.

Like Brady he is just going to make this worse by dragging it out. Fighting Deflategate did nothing but highlight the Patriots culture of cheating because it was THE topic for months. This will be the same thing..........

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Just clear this thing up you lawyers!!! I want no excuses come Monday morning, October 2nd, 2017. I do not want my celebration tainted in any way.
:sneaky:

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Has he been arrested? If the police investigation didn't find enough reason to arrest him, then yes. The problem is he's guilty in in the court of public opinion, and if he's truly innocent, he definitely SHOULD be fighting for his name. It's almost not even about that at this point. It's about Goodell completely botching this thing, and being inconsistent with his punishment. It's OK if you play for his best friend Mara's team. You will only get suspended for one game.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Has he been arrested? If the police investigation didn't find enough reason to arrest him, then yes.

It's not about that. It's about the NFL brand. You make the NFL look bad and you get punished. Arrest or no arrest has nothing to do with it. Lots of people have been fired by their companies for making stupid remarks on Twitter and Facebook. The NFL is no different. Guilt by association.

That said, I'm sticking with my earlier prediction that Elliot's suspension is reduced to 4 games or less.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Has he been arrested? If the police investigation didn't find enough reason to arrest him, then yes. The problem is he's guilty in in the court of public opinion, and if he's truly innocent, he definitely SHOULD be fighting for his name. It's almost not even about that at this point. It's about Goodell completely botching this thing, and being inconsistent with his punishment. It's OK if you play for his best friend Mara's team. You will only get suspended for one game.

The police didn't find enough does not equal innocent of what he is being accused of, and doesn't mean the NFL is wrong for suspending him. You can find details online. He's not just guilty in the court of public opinion, the NFL is certain he hit and grabbed her on 3 different occasions in a 5 day period. Have you looked at any of the info or did you stop at "well the police did arrest him or file charges so he is innocent", I have to assume that's what you did.

FYI Brown was suspended under the "old rules", just like Rice was, remember he got only two games until the shit hit the fan after the video surfaced. Now players get a heavier punishment.

College athletes get shit swept under the rug for them all the time if they are a star player. Sometimes they even get away with raping a woman and don't get arrested.

@Prime Time you are probably correct, if they reduced Greg Hardy to 4 they have to reduce Elliott to 4.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
It's not about that. It's about the NFL brand. You make the NFL look bad and you get punished. Arrest or no arrest has nothing to do with it. Lots of people have been fired by their companies for making stupid remarks on Twitter and Facebook. The NFL is no different. Guilt by association.

That said, I'm sticking with my earlier prediction that Elliot's suspension is reduced to 4 games or less.
I know it's not about that. I was asked if I think he's innocent. I also alluded to the fact it isn't about that.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
The police didn't find enough does not equal innocent of what he is being accused of, and doesn't mean the NFL is wrong for suspending him. You can find details online. He's not just guilty in the court of public opinion, the NFL is certain he hit and grabbed her on 3 different occasions in a 5 day period. Have you looked at any of the info or did you stop at "well the police did arrest him or file charges so he is innocent", I have to assume that's what you did.

FYI Brown was suspended under the "old rules", just like Rice was, remember he got only two games until the crap hit the fan after the video surfaced. Now players get a heavier punishment.

College athletes get crap swept under the rug for them all the time if they are a star player. Sometimes they even get away with raping a woman and don't get arrested.

@Prime Time you are probably correct, if they reduced Greg Hardy to 4 they have to reduce Elliott to 4.
This is all I've been reading about for a month now. Yes, I've read all the info. This is par for the course with the Cowboys. If this were any other team, it wouldn't be *as*big a deal. I also fully expect the refs to be fucking us all year because of this. Luckily, I believe our offense can beat the refs on top of the opponent on a decent amount of games.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This is all I've been reading about for a month now. Yes, I've read all the info. This is par for the course with the Cowboys. If this were any other team, it wouldn't be *as*big a deal. I also fully expect the refs to be freaking us all year because of this.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is all I've been reading about for a month now. Yes, I've read all the info. This is par for the course with the Cowboys. If this were any other team, it wouldn't be *as*big a deal. I also fully expect the refs to be freaking us all year because of this. Luckily, I believe our offense can beat the refs on top of the opponent on a decent amount of games.
You arent concerned about Elliot's character? Really?
And you think all this crap about him is because he plays for Dallas and not that he has a history of bad judgement that is leading him down a bad path?
Really?

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I heard that it was ruled by a judge or the NFL he's play in week one, but nothing here. My roommate read it on is phone could have just been a misjudgment about the fact the NFL would not rule on Monday.