Ezekiel Elliott suspension on again and off again and on again and off again and finally over

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ecommended-no-suspension-for-ezekiel-elliott/

Report: NFL investigator recommended no suspension for Ezekiel Elliott
Posted by Charean Williams on August 31, 2017

NFL investigator Kia Roberts recommended no suspension for Ezekiel Elliott, according to Clarence Hill of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Roberts testified to that during an appeal hearing that lasted 25 hours over three days this week.

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones’ repeated declaration that the league would not suspend Elliott was based on his knowledge of Roberts’ recommendation backed by assurance from a top NFL executive of no suspension, per Hill. Jones reportedly was “furious” when the league announced the six-game suspension for violating the personal conduct policy.

Hill also reports Roberts’ recommendation — following her interviews with Elliott’s ex-girlfriend — never made it into the NFL’s final report or the official Aug. 11 suspension letter. The league cited findings of three instances of domestic violence by Elliott against Tiffany Thompson based on the victim’s testimony and photographic evidence.

In addition, Roberts did not attend the meeting with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell to discuss discipline for Elliott, per Hill, as she was barred from it by Lisa Friel, the senior vice president for investigations.

Hill’s source indicated that if arbiter Harold Henderson returns a ruling unacceptable to Elliott, the case will head to federal court. ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported earlier Thursday that Henderson is under pressure to make a decision by Monday, with a reduction likely.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Glad I'm grabbed Zeke in my fantasy draft when he fell.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
He's looking like a complete prick right now, especially considering his team was in Dallas raising money for hurricane victims. And there he is in New York, begging to reduce his suspension.

If he just serves his fuckin time maybe he earns a minuscule amount of respect back.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ggested-blackmailing-elliott-over-sex-videos/

NFL report shows Tiffany Thompson suggested blackmailing Elliott over sex videos
Posted by Mike Florio on August 16, 2017

631772324-e1502890389778.jpg

Getty Images

The NFL won’t be releasing the 160-page investigative report generated in the Ezekiel Elliott case. And maybe we’re starting to see why.

Via Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, the report contains a text-message exchange in which Thompson discusses with a friend the idea of selling sex tapes of herself and Elliott. At one point, the friend says, “[W]e could blackmail him w[ith] that.”

Says Thompson in response: “I want to bro.”

Thompson also admitted to registering an email address with the title “ezekielelliot sex vids.”

Here’s the full text exchange, from the NFL’s report as obtained by Robinson:

[Thompson]: What if I sold mine and Ezekiel’s sex videos

[Friend]: We’d all be millionaires

[Friend]: We could black mail him w that

[Thompson]: I want to bro

[Friend]: Let’s do it

[Thompson]: Scared

[Friend]: Sh-t

[Friend]: Id be like look give me 10k or I’ll just sell our sex videos for the same amount flat

[Friend]: Me and my friends tryna go on vacation and get boob jobs . . . .

[Thompson]: 10k Bitch I want 20k

[Thompson]: Go big or go home

[Friend]: That’s fine too

None of this means that Elliott didn’t commit domestic violence. But these kinds of schemes go directly to Thompson’s credibility. As PFT previously has explained, Commissioner Roger Goodell met in person with neither Elliott nor Thompson to assess their credibility before deciding that Elliott was guilty as charged.

LOL stupid hitches. Nobody outside of Cowboys fans wants to see Zeke Elliott having sex.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
NFL just cant get it right. Not sure how he can be suspended now. He may be a total turd, but in this instance, he does appear to be innocent

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/01/ezekiel-elliott-files-lawsuit-to-vacate-suspension/

Ezekiel Elliott files lawsuit to vacate suspension
Posted by Mike Florio on September 1, 2017

The race to the courthouse is over before it even started.

Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has filed a pre-emptive lawsuit challenging the appeal process arising from the six-game suspension imposed upon him by Commissioner Roger Goodell.

The petition seeks a ruling from the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas vacating the eventual ruling in the case, which would block the suspension to be imposed by the NFL, presuming that arbitrator Harold Henderson affirms all or part of the pending six-game banishment.

Elliott moved quickly to file suit because the NFL filed the first lawsuit two years ago in the Tom Brady case, rushing to federal court in Manhattan immediately after the ruling on Brady’s appeal became final. Though the league lost at the district court level, the NFL prevailed in the appeals court.

With the league likely to file a lawsuit promptly after the ruling is issued again, Elliott short-circuited the process.

The NFL undoubtedly will argue that, by not waiting for a final ruling, Elliott failed to exhaust his available remedies under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. Elliott undoubtedly will argue that compliance with the internal procedures would have been futile, given the various flaws in the process.

The process was indeed flawed, in multiple ways. Elliott’s accuser never testified under oath, Commissioner Roger Goodell did not personally observe testimony from Elliott or his accuser, Tiffany Thompson. Also, Henderson refused to compel the league to make Thompson available to testify at the appeal hearing. He also declined to force the league to produce the notes of the league’s interviews with Thompson.

As a practical matter, the admission by NFL investigator Kia Roberts that she recommended no suspension of Elliott will likely get the attention of the judge to whom the case is assigned.

The first battle will entail an effort to delay any suspension until the litigation has concluded. The goal will be to get a ruling on that effort as soon as possible, so that Elliott will be able to practice next week and play in Week One, and beyond.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
He's looking like a complete prick right now, especially considering his team was in Dallas raising money for hurricane victims. And there he is in New York, begging to reduce his suspension.

If he just serves his freakin time maybe he earns a minuscule amount of respect back.

Don't let your Cowboys hate cloud any sense of objectivity.

Also, did you really bring hurricane Harvey into this? I mean, really? :rolleyes:
He donated to the Salvation Army (again), and the team was going to raise money regardless if Zeke was playing or not, until the NFL (rightfully) canceled the game so Houston players can be with their family and deal with their flooded homes.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ry-restraining-order-in-ezekiel-elliott-case/

NFLPA makes it official, filing temporary restraining order in Ezekiel Elliott case
Posted by Charean Williams on September 1, 2017

839678880-e1504298617404.jpg

Getty Images

It’s official: The NFL Players’ Association has filed for a temporary restraining order in federal court to vacate any discipline imposed on Ezekiel Elliott by abriter Harold Henderson, according to court records.

The NFL suspended the star running back for six games, and his appeal hearing ended Thursday.

The NFLPA announced earlier Friday its intent to file in Texas, claiming “the NFL and its unilaterally appointed arbitrator” are engaged in a “league-orchestrated conspiracy” to “hide critical information which would completely exonerate Elliott.”

Kia Roberts, the only NFL investigator who interviewed Elliott’s ex-girlfriend, recommended against discipline but was barred from telling NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. The NFL insists Goodell was aware of Roberts’ recommendation.

The union will attempt to persuade a court to agree that Goodell’s suspension of Elliott can’t stand, even if Henderson backs it.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ggested-blackmailing-elliott-over-sex-videos/

NFL report shows Tiffany Thompson suggested blackmailing Elliott over sex videos
Posted by Mike Florio on August 16, 2017

631772324-e1502890389778.jpg

Getty Images

The NFL won’t be releasing the 160-page investigative report generated in the Ezekiel Elliott case. And maybe we’re starting to see why.

Via Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, the report contains a text-message exchange in which Thompson discusses with a friend the idea of selling sex tapes of herself and Elliott. At one point, the friend says, “[W]e could blackmail him w[ith] that.”

Says Thompson in response: “I want to bro.”

Thompson also admitted to registering an email address with the title “ezekielelliot sex vids.”

Here’s the full text exchange, from the NFL’s report as obtained by Robinson:

[Thompson]: What if I sold mine and Ezekiel’s sex videos

[Friend]: We’d all be millionaires

[Friend]: We could black mail him w that

[Thompson]: I want to bro

[Friend]: Let’s do it

[Thompson]: Scared

[Friend]: Sh-t

[Friend]: Id be like look give me 10k or I’ll just sell our sex videos for the same amount flat

[Friend]: Me and my friends tryna go on vacation and get boob jobs . . . .

[Thompson]: 10k Bitch I want 20k

[Thompson]: Go big or go home

[Friend]: That’s fine too

None of this means that Elliott didn’t commit domestic violence. But these kinds of schemes go directly to Thompson’s credibility. As PFT previously has explained, Commissioner Roger Goodell met in person with neither Elliott nor Thompson to assess their credibility before deciding that Elliott was guilty as charged.

LOL stupid hitches. Nobody outside of Cowboys fans wants to see Zeke Elliott having sex.

None of this, although it is SKANKY, is proof that he didn't do what the NFL decided to give him 6 games off for.

Yeah, he may have been hanging with some really low class women who would have liked to blackmail him, but that doesn't mean he didn't do anything.

Maybe that why he DID do something.

What asswipe lets video get taken........fucking knucklehead.

I predict a short career for this guy.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
By the way TMZ Sports said that he thinks consent means he thinks "she is ok with it"

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Don't let your Cowboys hate cloud any sense of objectivity.

I've said time and time again: Hate is a strong word, that's why I only use it for the shitchickens.

Also, did you really bring hurricane Harvey into this? I mean, really? :rolleyes:

No, I brought up JJ Watt and the rest of the Dallas team that was doing good work on Thursday night, while that RB of yours was in NY begging to not be suspended over a disgusting act.

He donated to the Salvation Army (again), and the team was going to raise money regardless if Zeke was playing or not, until the NFL (rightfully) canceled the game so Houston players can be with their family and deal with their flooded homes.

Again, JJ Watt (and Michael Brockers) are two types of people, Dallas RB is another type.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
I've said time and time again: Hate is a strong word, that's why I only use it for the shitchickens.

No, I brought up JJ Watt and the rest of the Dallas team that was doing good work on Thursday night, while that RB of yours was in NY begging to not be suspended over a disgusting act.

Again, JJ Watt (and Michael Brockers) are two types of people, Dallas RB is another type.
Did Zeke fuck your wife, or something? You're definitely living up to your username right now. You must be a joy to be around.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Y'all all gonna be real mad when Zeke runs all over the rams like Murray always did.