Evan Silva: "bradford Not Worth Half Of What He Makes"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Amazes me how so many people in a position to cover the sport seem to be blinded to what is right in front of them. Kap is not a good passing QB. He may develop into one. Wilson is better than Kap, but again, is solid....although he was terrible in the NFL Title game, taking points off the board several times with his sloppy play. Neither seems capable of stepping up in the pocket and delivering a pass. It is sort of a joke to me. Obviously the TEAM is the key. What makes Seattle and SF successful is not their overhyped bs QBs it is their D, special teams and running games. So, to say that the Rams need something special to compete is a point of ignorance. F this guy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Silva ranked Sam as the @1 PLAYER in the draft in 2010. Player..... not QB. I think Sam is above mediocre. We ARE better with him, than without him, for the next few years...if not a LOT better than that, as his team grows. He's our QB1...deal.

I am "on board" with going with a younger developmental QB in the draft, just NOT before the 3rd round.

The whole pay scale thing has nothing to do with him as a franchise QB, nor was it... HIS fault.

If different players make different plays at different times does our view change?

If Cook doesn't fumble against the Cardinals.
If Long doesn't get flagged for being off side on third down against the Falcons.
If Richardson doesn't bat the ball towards Osi (I can't spell his last name) making the score 7-3 rather than 21-0 and Sam plays the same for the rest of the game.
If Long doesn't trip on the Austin TD.
If Quick doesn't drop that TD against Carolina.

We're 5-2 Sam has a 98 passer rating with a group of receivers who lead the league in drops.

Hell you can probably do that for any team/QB.

It is what it is.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I watched every one of Bradford's games multiple times. He has been a mediocre QB, IMO. Last year he had some awful games and some nice games. Overall he was average. Then he got hurt.
And people who get paid to do the same thing and are trained in what to look for and who's job depends upon being correct disagree with you ,so even though I appreciate your diligence and know you've put more into your evaluation than I have ,I am still faced with a choice.

Should I take the testimony of those people who BTW are NOT tied to the perceived culpability of having drafted Sam or do I take the view of a highly motivated fan?
I go with the coaches on this max, I just defer to the higher authority sorry,I just do.

BTW IMO Evan Silva is part of the cast of "The Bernie Bunch"

tonyl711

Starter
the thing is IMO yes Sam has played like a mediocre QB, but he has done so with a less than mediocre offense surrounding him, on top of having to learn 3 offenses in 4 years.
as far as all this Keapernick and Wilson love, let me ask you this, do you think Sam would have had better passing stats if he were on those teams than those QBs had? I think if you put Sam on the 9ers, that team would be unstoppable, that Oline and those recievers plus a running game Sam would have lit it up IMO. Seattle he wouldn't be quite as good with, but he would have put up better numbers than Wilson IMO.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
the thing is IMO yes Sam has played like a mediocre QB, but he has done so with a less than mediocre offense surrounding him, on top of having to learn 3 offenses in 4 years.
as far as all this Keapernick and Wilson love, let me ask you this, do you think Sam would have had better passing stats if he were on those teams than those QBs had? I think if you put Sam on the 9ers, that team would be unstoppable, that Oline and those recievers plus a running game Sam would have lit it up IMO. Seattle he wouldn't be quite as good with, but he would have put up better numbers than Wilson IMO.

No argument from on any of that. That's why I say Sam gets at least this year. I wouldn't draft a QB in the first round. But I'm not gonna sit here and say Sam has performed better than a mediocre QB.

Alan

Legend
DR RAM coming back into the fold:
Silva ranked Sam as the @1 PLAYER in the draft in 2010. Player..... not QB. I think Sam is above mediocre. We ARE better with him, than without him, for the next few years...if not a LOT better than that, as his team grows. He's our QB1...deal.

I am "on board" with going with a younger developmental QB in the draft, just NOT before the 3rd round.

The whole pay scale thing has nothing to do with him as a franchise QB, nor was it... HIS fault.

Long time no see Boo! It's good to see you back.

We thought you had been kidnapped by Doctors Without Borders and you were being held hostage in Somalia. Or Wyoming even.

Might have just been me that thought that but it's still good to have you back. :D

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
If Sam Bradford weren't the Rams quarterback would everybody still think think so highly of him.

Let's say he plays for Jacksonville and has had the exact same career to this point.
Is everybody still saying he's on the verge of being great (which happens a lot around here)?

If the Rams were going to sign free agent Sam Bradford (Jax) at 16 million a year (or whatever it goes up to) would you all be ok with that?

RFIP

Ah. That would explain his weird statement that the Rams are a bad team. He missed the Saints, Colts, and Bears games.

That would only partly explain it. I've been tortured in to listening to this guy for a year on Sirius before they canned his ass...dude is dry as dirt and dumber than snake shit.

tonyl711

Starter
Merlin I would look at what he has had to work with and I would be fine with taking him, not at 16 mil a year but a decent contract say 10 mil a year.
your argument seems to be that Sam is overpayed and I don't think anyone disagrees with you on that, but its not Sams fault he was in the last class that got the big contracts.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If Sam Bradford weren't the Rams quarterback would everybody still think think so highly of him.

Let's say he plays for Jacksonville and has had the exact same career to this point.
Is everybody still saying he's on the verge of being great (which happens a lot around here)?

If the Rams were going to sign free agent Sam Bradford (Jax) at 16 million a year (or whatever it goes up to) would you all be ok with that?
Lot of assumptions there,you sayin Sam isn't better than Blane Gabbert and couldn't have done better there than what they had?
FWIW ya think Sam is good or bad or in between , but most of the justifications are so terribly dependent upon subjectivity and scenarios that didn't happen and could not be assumed ,so debating him is IMO pretty useless, I am satisfied with the coaches evaluation until they change their minds I won't.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I agree with Silva, ONLY based on the premise that he missed half the games this year.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If teams need "special" QB's to compete in the west then how did Seattle end up in the Superbowl and how did the 49ers end up one game away? Those QB's are special?

^This.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cut Bradford and walk down to the QB store and buy one that is better. Guys like Silva always neglect the FACT that finding a Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Aarron Rodgers is very rare. If they were common then every team would already have one. Insteadabout 4 out of 32 do.

^ and this.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame

Yes yes and no.

Well I say yes but I honestly wouldn't be watching enough Jax games to have an opinion, but if I had I'm sure that I'd be coveting his play, just not for 16 million, but that's sour grapes due to the old contracts.

I'll be the first to admit that I covet players from other teams even from our hated rivals, but Kaepernick and Wilson aren't it :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Well see that's exactly the point. If he played for Jacksonville, you'd likely only have seen a microcosm of his work and would possess very little knowledge of what the entire Franchise was going through over the course of the past few years. You'd essentially have the same exact opinion of these guys in the media who only see the box scores, a handful of games, and the stat sheets on their monitors. So to answer your question ... no. I wouldn't think very highly of him. But since I do watch him very closely (and have seen every game live, on replay, and on coaches film), I've got enough information to think that he is a very good QB who still has room for improvement. I KNOW what a bad QB looks like, and I know when that QB has hit his ceiling. That's not the case with Bradford.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
If these clowns would assign Sam with Newton's salary then evaluate his performance, they'd not put this crap out. It's not the salary that makes the player, it's the performance! Basing performance on salary is bs.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
So how long should the Rams stick with potential without seeing results?

For this post I'll define results as wins in both the regular and post season.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob

This past season I was thinking playoffs then we started poorly. This year I want results! Sam needs to play well and so does the defense! The blowouts with SF and Dallas pissed me off in that the defense played poorly. the losses I could handle, the scores I didn't like at all! Winning season is what I expect.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

How long should they stick with Bradford, you mean.
Until they don't want to anymore, is your answer.