Evan Silva: "bradford Not Worth Half Of What He Makes"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I know what you were asking me...
[hl]No matter how good the individual is, it takes a true team performance for wins to come together[/hl], honestly if Sam was playing lights out football but everyone else around him was failing would it still be the QB's fault that we aren't winning?
That was my answer, by team performance I mean execution in all three phases of the game.

Execution and staying focused in the face of adversity is perhaps the biggest challenge of a young team. We had some VERY painful growing pains but we should see a lot fewer being we aren't firing any coaches. Experience alone should make wonders, too.

fearsomefour

Legend
If Sam Bradford weren't the Rams quarterback would everybody still think think so highly of him.

Let's say he plays for Jacksonville and has had the exact same career to this point.
Is everybody still saying he's on the verge of being great (which happens a lot around here)?

If the Rams were going to sign free agent Sam Bradford (Jax) at 16 million a year (or whatever it goes up to) would you all be ok with that?
Or if he played for SF or Seattle would he be the darling of the media receiving tons of undo love and hype? It a about perception somewhat. Same has been C+ to me all things considered. Still plenty of room to grow. He is what he is....a guy who came into the league with a lot to learn but with a ton of talent. Still not all the way there yet.
In reality, Bradford is not and should not go anywhere until there is a better option. Check out the other thread and look at that list of FA QBs....no thanks. The only other option is draft a young guy. If a young guy is brought in and Bradford let go it will set the team back....no point really. So, what Rams will do is what they should do, draft a guy mid rounds to develop. Maybe you catch lightening and get lucky....worse case in a year or two you have a better back up.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Sam Bradford weren't the Rams quarterback would everybody still think think so highly of him.

Let's say he plays for Jacksonville and has had the exact same career to this point.
Is everybody still saying he's on the verge of being great (which happens a lot around here)?

If the Rams were going to sign free agent Sam Bradford (Jax) at 16 million a year (or whatever it goes up to) would you all be ok with that?

but he is the rams qb and i pull for the rams qb.

if he played for the jags i wouldn't have a clue what kind of qb he is because i don't watch many jags games. all i could go off were the highlights and box scores, which is what 90% of these media types do with sam.