Evan Silva: "bradford Not Worth Half Of What He Makes"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Why is Evan Silva hesitant for the Rams to restructure Bradford’s contract instead of cutting him?

Silva said Bradford is a proven mediocre QB. The Rams aren't going to compete in their division without something special and Bradford ain't it. They should seriously consider moving him out the door.

He also says Wells and Dahl are cut candidates. And they need to address the OL in the draft.

http://ec-media.soundcloud.com/7e8k...610471&Signature=Sdw5kirMiLMMkIKEzXo7ghkJh+U=

Alan

Legend
Working at Rotoworld seems to be making him dizzy. If you get a chance to talk to him tell him to try Antivert. Works great.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Opinions from someone who watched zero Rams games.
Fun fun.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How do we know Silva watched zero Rams games?
Because he covers 4 sports and opines on all the teams within those sports.
Think he watches hundreds of games and breaks down film on all of them?
He's got an opinion is all.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Because he covers 4 sports and opines on all the teams within those sports.
Think he watches hundreds of games and breaks down film on all of them?
He's got an opinion is all.

Ah. That would explain his weird statement that the Rams are a bad team. He missed the Saints, Colts, and Bears games.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Why is Evan Silva hesitant for the Rams to restructure Bradford’s contract instead of cutting him?

Silva said Bradford is a proven mediocre QB. The Rams aren't going to compete in their division without something special and Bradford ain't it. They should seriously consider moving him out the door.

He also says Wells and Dahl are cut candidates. And they need to address the OL in the draft.

http://ec-media.soundcloud.com/7e8kgSuDVPBp.128.mp3?ff61182e3c2ecefa438cd02102d0e385713f0c1faf3b033959566afa0904eb10ef7c6b8d6d89f078ba4af4a6aa8146bf33907ea71eb1a702c8b0a3953fa1e04505e8a10e9d&AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ4IAZE5EOI7PA7VQ&Expires=1390610471&Signature=Sdw5kirMiLMMkIKEzXo7ghkJh+U=

I thought that Sam has already made some changes to his original rookie contract am I wrong? Now on to cutting Sam why? because of the last out of line rookie contract situation? Not Sam's fault....has Cam done any better just a cheaper contract? Cut Sam then do what? Go sign who? Has Silva thought about what Sam's OL has looked like since he was drafted?:slap:

I would agree with the cap casualties of Dahl & Wells and the super need of addressing the OL in the draft. Sound like he knows the OL is very bad but does not take that into effect when he is speaking about Sam????

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ah. That would explain his weird statement that the Rams are a bad team. He missed the Saints, Colts, and Bears games.

I bet the only rams game he saw was the whiners game on tnf. Like most National media guys that say Bradford is an awful qb.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
So far it's true, he isn't worth what he is being paid, but that's the way it goes. That doesn't mean he cant play very good football if things go well next year. It's easy to bring up the money, and I know detractors like to do that because of Wilson and Keapernick having low salaries, but it is a crappy lens to view his performance through.

I'm not at all happy with his play, and it think he has to kick ass next year or be replaced. But that has nothing to do with the paycheck. Talk about performance and I will listen, talk about how he is over paid and I stop listening.

RamsCanada

UDFA
Anyone who writes an opinion piece while writing pieces for ProFootballTalk has very little credit in my books. They can't even publish articles on that site without catching typos.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
So far it's true, he isn't worth what he is being paid, but that's the way it goes. That doesn't mean he cant play very good football if things go well next year. It's easy to bring up the money, and I know detractors like to do that because of Wilson and Keapernick having low salaries, but it is a crappy lens to view his performance through.

I'm not at all happy with his play, and it think he has to kick ass next year or be replaced. But that has nothing to do with the paycheck. Talk about performance and I will listen, talk about how he is over paid and I stop listening.

And as far as Krapernick, I don't think he's worth his salary either. Talk about a crappy QB....geez.
53% completion rate and throws int's in big games when it counts.....ew eeeee....

And Wilson the last few weeks of this season was nothing to write home about.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
And as far as Krapernick, I don't think he's worth his salary either. Talk about a crappy QB....geez.
53% completion rate and throws int's in big games when it counts.....ew eeeee....

And Wilson the last few weeks of this season was nothing to write home about.

They are both going to the HOF and will both win a couple of Super Bowls.

Blue font hahaha

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
I thought that Sam has already made some changes to his original rookie contract am I wrong? Now on to cutting Sam why? because of the last out of line rookie contract situation? Not Sam's fault....has Cam done any better just a cheaper contract? Cut Sam then do what? Go sign who? Has Silva thought about what Sam's OL has looked like since he was drafted?:slap:

I would agree with the cap casualties of Dahl & Wells and the super need of addressing the OL in the draft. Sound like he knows the OL is very bad but does not take that into effect when he is speaking about Sam????

So am I reading correctly that you don't think Cam Newton has been more successful than Bradford?
I'm just curious why you think that if it's the case.

While I don't think that cutting Bradford is necessarily the best way to go, the Rams do have the no.2 pick so there's always that option when it comes to a replacement. I don't believe that changing QBs necessarily means a massive regression for the Rams.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Lol isn't the guy a seacocks fan? Freak him.

And as for Bradford, I would agree with the majority in saying that he hasn't lived up to his contract but thats not entirely his fault.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
If teams need "special" QB's to compete in the west then how did Seattle end up in the Superbowl and how did the 49ers end up one game away? Those QB's are special?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Cut Bradford and walk down to the QB store and buy one that is better. Guys like Silva always neglect the FACT that finding a Drew Brees, Tom Brady, or Aarron Rodgers is very rare. If they were common then every team would already have one. Insteadabout 4 out of 32 do.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So am I reading correctly that you don't think Cam Newton has been more successful than Bradford?

While I don't think that cutting Bradford is necessarily the best way to go, the Rams do have the no.2 pick so there's always that option when it comes to a replacement. I don't believe that changing QBs necessarily means a massive regression for the Rams.

I sure as hell don't. His (Cam's) rookie year stats are so inflated. If you look at the splits the majority of his yards, they came during losses. His 2nd year he struggled and the feeling was he was "mediocore." This year the Panthers rely on a top defense and not much on passing only, and the team got better. Cam Newton played QB...not the guy racking up yardage.

It's a shame that the 2011 season happened...it really fucked the preception of both the Rams and Sam Bradford.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom

I don't think Cam has been any more successful than Sam.
Just on a team with a better supporting cast.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I watched every one of Bradford's games multiple times. He has been a mediocre QB, IMO. Last year he had some awful games and some nice games. Overall he was average. Then he got hurt.