Ethan Westbrooks Arrested

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yeah... nice guy... I think he's moved on from forums... Bakersfield? Yeah, can't think of a reason Westbrooks would be there.
Passing through headed north on I-5. I grew up in the area and my brother was BPD. If what I heard is right where the stopped occurred isn't really "in town".

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Now what if Westbrooks bought the gun from a friend who got it from a friend, etc, etc, etc.? I know the law doesn't care, but if he would of got a bill of sale from the friend, maybe he could get off light with the possession of stolen property charge. I sold a handgun to a friend years ago and I insisted on a bill of sale just in case years later it shows up as a murder weapon or something.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now what if Westbrooks bought the gun from a friend who got it from a friend, etc, etc, etc.? I know the law doesn't care, but if he would of got a bill of sale from the friend, maybe he could get off light with the possession of stolen property charge. I sold a handgun to a friend years ago and I insisted on a bill of sale just in case years later it shows up as a murder weapon or something.
Curious but how often is a gun of any kind sold then reported stolen?

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I sure hope Westbrooks can get his :poop: together...

197il5.jpg

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Curious but how often is a gun of any kind sold then reported stolen?
Not often I'm sure but Stolen and then sold? Could of been stolen a year ago and sold last month by an individual.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't. Looking through my close family, the only person who owns a gun is my dad, who inherited some WWII-era rifles when my grandfather died.

My wife wants a handgun, but neither of us really cares about it enough to go through the paperwork.

One burglar can change your feelings on that very quickly. I had my guns locked in the basement when a guy broke in at 2:00 AM. Fortunately the dog heard him and he ran out the back. What if he had a weapon or was whacked out on drugs. What if he came into the room looking for money. We suddenly realized just how vulnerable we were. The gun is in a fingerprint safe by my bed and we now have an alarm system. That year there were 70 unconfirmed robberies in our dinky little town of Riverside. I hope I never have to use it but I am a Damon good shot. If so, then I pity the fool.

My Dad gave me a .22 cal revolver that was given to him. The gun is a POS but it made me realize that there are probably a lot of guns unaccounted for.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i blame @LACHAMP46 for this ... he has westbrooks as his Profile pic

every player champ "backs" grob Quick that safety from texas (randolph) marquis ...all gone

please keep hating on Goff champ ;)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
doesn't everybody in america own a gun?

Don't know, but they should.

Lotta people shouldn't either.
This...unless you know how to use one...in the heat of the moment....it's more likely to cause harm....rather, shoot & injure an unintended target. Gun in a case...gun in the trunk...hell, unless your gun is in your hand, I can't see anyone being able to pull and use it when it's totally necessary on the street. Maybe in the home...but most likely a gun is only gonna cause problems.

As a Ram fan I have been disappointed in his play this season
I actually think he's played the best out of all the DL's to this point. Great activity and penetration.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
One burglar can change your feelings on that very quickly. I had my guns locked in the basement when a guy broke in at 2:00 AM. Fortunately the dog heard him and he ran out the back. What if he had a weapon or was whacked out on drugs. What if he came into the room looking for money. We suddenly realized just how vulnerable we were. The gun is in a fingerprint safe by my bed and we now have an alarm system. That year there were 70 unconfirmed robberies in our dinky little town of Riverside. I hope I never have to use it but I am a Damon good shot. If so, then I pity the fool.
I doubt it. I don't need to buy something on the off chance that someone breaks into my home, and the off off chance that that someone is armed or whacked out on drugs.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I had a crack head stick a steak knife out and put the very tip in to my belly.
Not sure if the point was to scare me or rob me or what...

Either way, I wanted to murder that guy so bad... I am glad I didnt have a gun. Everybody walked away and 19 year old me never shot anybody.... if i had been able to get my hands on a pistol, and find the little clown car full of crackheads that these guys had been driving around in, it wouldnt have been "in self defense". And I doubt I would have been anymore merciful with the others.

Kudos to those that safely own guns.
But no, not everyone should have one and more of them doesn't make everyone safer.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I doubt it. I don't need to buy something on the off chance that someone breaks into my home, and the off off chance that that someone is armed or whacked out on drugs.

You wouldn't want to protect your family?

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Yeah any updates that actually matter? No offense guys but listening to your opinion on guns doesn't have anything to do with this thread.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Well the good thing for Westbrooks is he has the money for a good lawyer. So we need to just wait and see how the charges and all work out. My guess is they come up with some sort of deal and then we wait to see what kind of hammer the NFL is going to bring out.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Apparently the gun was in his glove box and the police saw it while he was searching for his registration.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Apparently the gun was in his glove box and the police saw it while he was searching for his registration.
Thats pretty damn typical for a gun to be. Even in movies.

Going out on a limb here was there anything else suspicious? I know this might sound far fetched but was the CHP officer a Raider or a 9ers fan?

Last edited:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Thats pretty damn typical for a gun to be. Even in movies.

Going out on a limb here was there anything else suspicious? I know this might sound far fetched but was the CHP officer a Raider or a 9ers fan?
That seems extremely far fetched.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
How about when the cop asks for the registration instead of exposing a freakin' gun to the cop say, "Registration? I'm sorry officer, I don't have it in the vehicle like I know I should." Maybe the cop is cool and just runs your DL info and writes you a ticket. Maybe not... But when the cop sees the gun, you're freaked anyway...