Ethan Westbrooks Arrested

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Maybe he was honest and told the officer that there was a gun in the car, because he didnt want to escalate the situation. It is better to go to jail for a couple few hours than it is to get shot in a misunderstanding. If you do not consent to a search, you will be detained until a K9 makes a pass around your car. And then if the K9 hits on something they are gonna search it anyways, then find whatever you didnt want them to find when you did consent to a search, and then your chance of a couple few hours in jail becomes days, weeks or months maybe more.
K9 'hitting' on things should not be enough probable cause to search a car. Too much evidence that canine false alerts are a huge issue.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
problem is it was unregistered why? in CA if your gun is registered and you have it in your car its just a misdemeanor. sounds shady to me

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The big deal here is the unregistered gun. I would think they'd do a ballistics on it and see if anything pops, so depending on where he got it that can end up being a real bad direction for this thing to go.

Also intent is something I wonder about. Dude already had the dropped charge or whatever, is he thinking about making someone pay? If I'm the Rams I'd be sitting him down and having a real conversation with my player about where his head's at in all this. That's what is critical right now for the team.

A55VA6

Legend
Man fuck Westbrooks. Didn't he get arrested in March for Domestic Violence and now he's arrested again in September for an unregistered gun?

Cut him.

Psycho_X

Legend
For someone who got a face tattoo so he'd never be able to get a "normal" job again to force himself to work hard to make it in the NFL you'd think he'd try better at not breaking the law and costing him huge legal fees.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Tha March incident was investigated and no charges were brought.

Put down the torches, everyone.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Where do you see that? I saw in this thread a Tweet from today about an arrest, and then two links to an LA Times story and an ESPN story from March, both of which referenced DV.
There was a post date from the LA Times, which is where I got that..

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Why the heck is he in Bakersfield? Seriously there is nothing there except crime and desert heat.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Tha March incident was investigated and no charges were brought.

Put down the torches, everyone.
OK but still... arrested twice in 6 months. But I guess that's just fine.

Agreed arrested twice in 6 months...he's obviously doing something he shouldn't, it's not rocket science. However, lets see how this plays out before we go cutting a player we actually need atm.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Marijuana smell shouldn't be a reason to search someone's car in a state where recreational use is legal.
If you smell alcohol in a car, the cop would be justified to search if he wanted, so why not marijuana (recreationally legal, or not)?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
If you smell alcohol in a car, the cop would be justified to search if he wanted, so why not marijuana (recreationally legal, or not)?
Again, I am under the impression that smelling alcohol gives police justification to administer a roadside sobriety test, not actually search a car. I may be wrong on this, but that's my understanding.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
And forget about the unregistered gun?

Maybe not forget about the unregistered gun but lets be measured about it. An unregistered gun doesn't necessarily mean that its a stolen gun, that is has serial numbers filed off, that it was used in a homicide - it just wasn't registered. You ever drive an unregistered car? I have.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And forget about the unregistered gun?
Got to let this all play out but...

He seems to find himself in potentially bad spots too often for me.

The old saying... where there's smoke...

But I'll be fair and see what happens in the next few days... I suspect we don't hear much of anything (swept under the carpet).