ESPN: Rams over/under 7.5 wins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I wonder what their preseason over/under prediction was for the Rams in 99?

"Let's see, since moving to St. Louis they've been 7-9, 6-10, 5-11, and 4-12, therefore we will divide 22 wins by 4 years and get 5.5 wins for the 99 season."

Since that worked out so well...

"Over the last four seasons under Jeff Fisher, the Rams have 27 wins divided by 4 which comes out to almost 7 wins a season...heck there was a tie in there somewhere, let's be generous and make it 7.5."

200.gif
Here's an easier stat, the Rams haven't won more than 7 games in 9 years.........:baghead:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm going with 7-9 ,untill they prove me otherwise

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here's an easier stat, the Rams haven't won more than 7 games in 9 years.........:baghead:

So does that mean they can't improve this season? From 1990 to 1998 the Rams best record was 7-9. And then over the next three seasons they went on a tear with a 37-11 record and two Super Bowl berths. Why can't that happen again?

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Sure it's possible , it happens all the time

Oh wait , no it doesnt

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike

I wouldn't begin to say that I have the balls to compare this year to '99...At least certainly before I've seen Goff take a single snap yet as a NFL QB..I love the enthusiasm, I just can't get that up just yet...

tempests

Hall of Fame
So does that mean they can't improve this season?

Of course they can....it does mean they won't be getting the benefit of the doubt much.

This is kind of like Raiders fans wondering why people aren't picking them to run away with the AFC West.

fancents86

Starter
I Can't get too mad about the vid. Since Fisher has been our coach the media has actually been mostly positive towards us, yet we never produce bc of either injuries or mistakes. Can't blame them for not going all in bc of a new, unproven qb.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Not a big believer in the past dictating the future, but can't really argue with the line.

That said, #1 QB picks usually go to bad teams, which simply isn't the case with the Rams. Still, I'd be ecstatic with 9 wins.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Complete morons. keenum won 3 last season and lost 2 by 3 points WITH missed field goals, and he can't win 5?!?!?

2zz6hlt.gif

In fairness, if they don't hold a TRUE QB competition and just crown Goff, shit could get ugly. NOT saying it will, but we've been here before.

Last edited:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Complete morons. keenum won 3 last season and lost 2 by 3 points WITH missed field goals, and he can't win 5?!?!?

2zz6hlt.gif

In fairness, if they don't hold a TRUE QB competition and just crown Goff, crap could get ugly. NOT saying it will, but we've been here before.

yea with his 828 yards, 6.6 ypa and 4 td's and 1 int in 5 starts. What a beast. He was nothing more than an average game manager at best. Keenum didn't win those games for them, he just didn't lose them. Yea, shit could get really ugly if they crown someone QB over that greatness.........unless they start foles nothing could be uglier.

Give me a fucking break.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I listen to a lot of Freddie Coleman on ESPN radio late night on the way home from work and he's usually got solid takes.
In this case however he doesn't have a fucking clue. Like i said before last season, the Rams will win more than 4 or 5 games on accident...or by sleepwalking through the season. This is a default 7-8 win team(as usual) with a chance to get 9, 10 or 11 wins with elevated QB play.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So does that mean they can't improve this season? From 1990 to 1998 the Rams best record was 7-9. And then over the next three seasons they went on a tear with a 37-11 record and two Super Bowl berths. Why can't that happen again?

It can except the Rams receivers are not as good as Holt/Bruce/Hakeem/Proehl and as far as we know they don't have a great OC flustering NFL defenses.

i' going with ten wins, that's all folks
train

I predicted 10 wins also, but it is going to take key players like Quinn to not have injuries.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I read an article lately about the record of teams that moved. The records were bad........but that could be because when the team moved they were bad teams. Some of these guys may be basing their opinion on that. I think the average was 4-5 wins.

This team was not exactly bad across the board last year. They lost some very close games to bad QBing, no DE pressure, young Oline early that was allowing pressure and bad coaching decisions, like not kicking an PaT into the wind in Minnesota.

This team could go either way. If Goff hits the ground running they can get over .500. If he falters or they start Keenum it is less likely imo.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I listen to a lot of Freddie Coleman on ESPN radio late night on the way home from work and he's usually got solid takes.
In this case however he doesn't have a freaking clue. Like i said before last season, the Rams will win more than 4 or 5 games on accident...or by sleepwalking through the season. This is a default 7-8 win team(as usual) with a chance to get 9, 10 or 11 wins with elevated QB play.

This is my view exactly. I've heard Coleman several times as well and generally agree with him. But in this case I consider his opinion lazy, and uninformed.

I am sticking with 11 wins this year. Call it sunshine homer whatever. Five losses. We are built to win right now. Injuries happen. But this team will compete for the division title with a rookie QB.