Ej done for the year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Well, crap. We need a shut down CB.

V3

Hall of Fame
Boy I hope Roberson can play because I have very little faith in Joyner.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Losing a starting caliber CB is never a good thing, of course.

But thank Gawd for our depth there. We should be fine.

QB is where we don't want to see a serious injury. Been there, done that.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
U1XHIPm.gif

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Boy I hope Roberson can play because I have very little faith in Joyner.
Joyner certainly looks to be behind. At least he did on that double move he bit on Friday.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I think that at best Joyner is an over the top free safety and GW doesn't even use that as a position.
It's like Snisher has a 2nd round curse or permanent retardation in that round of the draft.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Thank goodness we have.... Depth

Brandon McGee is a happy man

Again have you seen Brandon McGee lately? On the field? Rumor has it that McGee is extremely allergic to Natural Grass and Field Turf...Every time McGee is in the vicinity of either, he has an extreme reaction that keeps him away from the field(s).

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Again have you seen Brandon McGee lately? On the field? Rumor has it that McGee is extremely allergic to Natural Grass and Field Turf...Every time McGee is in the vicinity of either, he has an extreme reaction that keeps him away from the field(s).

Hastenburaphobia is just one of Brandon's serious allergies

image.jpg

Athos

Legend
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That was my immediate reaction......outloud. Followed by copious amounts of 'fucks'.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I hate this news its sure not a good way to start our season. Last yr we were killed on deep passes. Having 3 solid CB's is a must to have a winning season.

With the way Trumaine Johnson is playing if the EJ Gaines event did not take place Gaines would be the Nickle IMO. That would have been something to see when the season began this yr would it not:(!

So if we did loose our starting Nickle & our first top reserve outside corner....then as we said we need to have someone step up or more likely more than one in this case to fill Gaines very large planned role in 2015.

Lamarcus Joyner would appear to be the first to fill in @ the Nickle-back position. As a rookie he had his ups & downs as he went through the entire season with nagging injuries. Others who could figure in as the top back up to Joyner could be first yr DB Christian Bryant. Bryant could be a sleeper special here as he has done some work according to TC stalkers @ the Nickle. Bryant did play the Nickle in college too besides playing both safety posts. Then there's starting deep safety Rod McLeod who can fill in @ the nickle as he has done the last 2 season. Not sure if UDFA Rookies like FS/CB Jay Hughes or even CB Imoan Claiborne will see any Nickle action with this news.

As far as who can fill the top reserve CB role is an sure unknown. I do think that Joyner will ride the Nickle not the top CB reserve role. I am with den on McGee here I see nothing that would make me even consider him for this role due to his constant foot issues. Its gone on since last TC & here we are yet to see him line up with the team into preseason(n).I can surely see 2nd yr UDFA 22 yr old Marcus Roberson ceasing the moment. He saw extended action at corner with starting 2 games & played in 9 games. IMO was a surprise master roster maker(y).If you recall he filled in for Gaines last season when he was injured.

Snead brought in 3 UDFA's CB's in Imoan Claiborne, Montell Garner & the new signee Trovon Reed. If Gaines IR & McGee is released, one of the 3 UDFA stand a good chance to land a master roster spot with the 4 other CB's Johnson, Jenkins,Roberson & Joyner.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Going to re watch this last game against the Raiders and focus specifically on the CBs. Claiborne impressed me at times watching it but I want to see how well all of them have done, because we're probably taking one of these depth guys and putting them on the roster.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hey, this is football....Kinda a bad break....Would have been our best secondary in some time...1999...Tough break EJ, get well.

I hope Roberson gets his spot. Lol him more than Joyner so far.
Joyner can't be as bad as he's looked last season, can he? He seems to lack any real cover skills...

jrry32, how is this team deep on CB with Gaines out?
because there is talent, in jrry's eyes at the cb position...I gotta agree...but I sure liked EJ better than the rest of the talent...

I don't think Brandon McGee makes the roster, he won't be healthy enough to, so what direction do they go then? Also concur when McGee was healthy (which was rare) he proved he could not cover a bed.......Again have you seen Brandon McGee lately? On the field? Rumor has it that McGee is extremely allergic to Natural Grass and Field Turf...Every time McGee is in the vicinity of either, he has an extreme reaction that keeps him away from the field(s).
Here you go....now we NEED McGee....See how shit works? We were just joking around, talking about how we never see McGee...I'm saying how he can play...Foot injury like Jake Long/Sammy B. knees....
Good thing is @den-the-coach , McGee really has a lil talent, and can play...He's just got to get on the damn field...Trust me.....LOL
Having 3 solid CB's is a must to have a winning season.
Yeah...passing league...we need 3, and a good cover safety & lb to shut down 3rd downs...this is a tough loss...
Still, don't like you siding with @den-the-coach about my boy McGee always being hurt....

This is the time for Joyner to stand up...I personally think he's not ready yet...Roberson is our best bet RIGHT NOW...Imoan Clairborne had some lucky pick and everyone is all over his jockstrap...I hope he can play...don't know...If Bryant can also go in the nickle -slot, it would really be great, but I see him more as a FS, nothing else...Never wanna see McLeod in the slot again

Last on this sad news...Is that guy Reed (FSU) still around, he didn't play that bad? I'd rather move JackRabbit in the slot...It could really help his game....

Oh yeah, Brandon McGee can play....for coach & boni Brandon suit up this Monday in the scrimmage so I can say how good you look out there...

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Hey, this is football....Kinda a bad break....Would have been our best secondary in some time...1999...Tough break EJ, get well.

Joyner can't be as bad as he's looked last season, can he? He seems to lack any real cover skills...

because there is talent, in jrry's eyes at the cb position...I gotta agree...but I sure liked EJ better than the rest of the talent...

Here you go....now we NEED McGee....See how crap works? We were just joking around, talking about how we never see McGee...I'm saying how he can play...Foot injury like Jake Long/Sammy B. knees....
Good thing is @den-the-coach , McGee really has a lil talent, and can play...He's just got to get on the damn field...Trust me.....LOL
Yeah...passing league...we need 3, and a good cover safety & lb to shut down 3rd downs...this is a tough loss...
Still, don't like you siding with @den-the-coach about my boy McGee always being hurt....

This is the time for Joyner to stand up...I personally think he's not ready yet...Roberson is our best bet RIGHT NOW...Imoan Clairborne had some lucky pick and everyone is all over his jockstrap...I hope he can play...don't know...If Bryant can also go in the nickle -slot, it would really be great, but I see him more as a FS, nothing else...Never wanna see McLeod in the slot again

Last on this sad news...Is that guy Reed (FSU) still around, he didn't play that bad? I'd rather move JackRabbit in the slot...It could really help his game....

Oh yeah, Brandon McGee can play....for coach & boni Brandon suit up this Monday in the scrimmage so I can say how good you look out there...

Greg Reid is playing in arena football I think. Last I heard he was playing maybe 30 minutes away from me for the Jacksonville Sharks, he just got an interception in the AFL playoffs.