Ej done for the year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
If losing Gaines is that one yearly unavoidable impact injury suffered...i'll take it.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I hope Roberson gets his spot. Lol him more than Joyner so far.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
That sucks :(. Get well soon EJ!

At least Bates will be okay and our quarterback is still standing.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This sucks BUT there is a silver lining. All teams deal with injuries and we're deep at CB PLUS this will give us a good chance to evaluate Tru and Janoris to decide if both are worth keeping.

ram007

Starter
This sucks BUT there is a silver lining. All teams deal with injuries and we're deep at CB PLUS this will give us a good chance to evaluate Tru and Janoris to decide if both are worth keeping.

jrry32, how is this team deep on CB with Gaines out?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

ugh. I hope this doesn't ruin all their plans on d.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
jrry32, how is this team deep on CB with Gaines out?

Janoris
Trumaine
Joyner
Roberson
McGee
Claiborne

Plus, McLeod and Bryant can both play in the slot. Losing Gaines hurts but CB is one of the few positions where we do have a lot of depth. Every team will deal with injuries to key players this year so if I have to lose a key player, I'd rather lose one at a deep position. Tru and Janoris start outside. Joyner steps up into the slot. Roberson operates as the #4 CB (since McGee is never healthy).

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Sucks big time. I hate that bitch Liz Frank....

Need Joyner to step up now and show why he was drafted so high.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Shame for EJ, but he'll be back.

However, This changes nothing in my opinion. We have depth at corner and we now have Joyner on the field who's a better blitzer and harder hitter (granted he's not as good in coverage).

Suck it up, crank it up, fuk'em up :)

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Losing one of our top three corners for the year is a disaster! And I hope that we don't lose too many games trying to make something out of Joyner before someone else steps up. He can't cover anyone in the NFL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This is a blow.

We're still okay at CB, but sucks to see us tap into the depth before the season starts.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I have complete confidence in Johnson although I felt Gaines stuck with the receiver better, but I'm not a fan of Joyner in the slot now. Joyner struggles IMO, but maybe more time on the field will improve Joyner overall.

Again maybe I'm biased towards Joyner because I wanted the Rams to draft QB Jimmy Garoppolo in the 2nd round last year. Instead the Rams traded up lost a pick to draft an undersized tweener who did not show me much last season...Oh well.

Memphis Ram

Legend
tagline(red).png

Huge blow, but now it's time for Roberson to continue his improvement and step up. Claiborne might be this year's UDFA find like Roberson was last year.

Joyner? I still say that he's a dime back at best (though I hope he proves me wrong) and they'll probably need to start playing McCleod in the slot some again allowing Alexander some time at safety when that happens.

McGee? He has great speed, but he can't seem to get/stay healthy and didn't seem to be any good when he was, IMO.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
McGee has great speed, but he can't seem to get/stay healthy and didn't seem to be any good when he was, IMO.

I don't think Brandon McGee makes the roster, he won't be healthy enough to, so what direction do they go then? Also concur when McGee was healthy (which was rare) he proved he could not cover a bed.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I don't think Brandon McGee makes the roster, he won't be healthy enough to, so what direction do they go then? Also concur when McGee was healthy (which was rare) he proved he could not cover a bed.

I guess that they just go with 5 CBs (Jenkins, Johnson, Roberson, Joyner, Claiborne) and 4 safeties (McDonald, McCleod, Alexander, Barron). Or maybe Bryant, Davis, or Hagen force them to keep a 5th safety.

Honestly, I'm still holding out hope that the Jaguars release Nick Marshall and the Rams can give him a redshirt season at CB with a few offensive plays from time to time if active.:whistle:

Last edited: