Eagles vs Bears GDT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not cerebral enough to slide or get out of bounds before taking the big hit. I've been warning ram fans, he likes to be the hero. B smart, wussell knows when to go down.

That was a knock on him in college that he always took the big hit, however, I'm not sure that is being the hero or trying to do everything he can to get the extra yard, but IMO he'll learn as the Field General you need to live to fight on the next play.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
but Rod Boras has no business being an OC. Have you seen his resume?

Well, Rob Boras has more play calling experience then current Head Coach Doug Pederson, who for the first time last week called his first game!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
That was a knock on him in college that he always took the big hit, however, I'm not sure that is being the hero or trying to do everything he can to get the extra yard, but IMO he'll learn as the Field General you need to live to fight on the next play.
I'm rooting for the kid, but he's just so confident, he hasn't learned humility yet. Interesting to see what happens when he goes against a quality D. Philadelphia has a great schedule for him to start.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's easy to blame players, but Rod Boras has no business being an OC. Have you seen his resume?
About the same as Martz's before he became an OC. Limited time as an assistant coach, promoted up through the ranks, became a coordinator. Fact is, most coordinators come from humble beginnings before they get their chance. Sure, the early returns on Boras aren't all that encouraging, but there's still plenty of games to play and he appears to be learning and improving from week to week.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Set up your young QB for success with easy completions, a cheat sheet armband, and let him play... He also gets the benefit of playing against some pretty easy teams. I don't see anything that Goff can't do if he was put in the same situation. Coaching staff just need to set him up for success.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think the whole, "let's ice the Kicker with a TO" has just about run it's course in the Pros. Chicago cost themselves 3 points with that one before the half.
And of course, I win a $125 pool with a Chicago win so I'm probably screwed.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Ow. Carson learn to slide. Had 2 really good passes dropped. Under estimated the kid's arm.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Damn, Wentz is going to get himself killed...

We're not in North Dakota State anymore

ddec1fd5-624f-48a7-9242-636e89620b58.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Carson isn't ever going to be a safe QB. He's a bigger and far more talented version of Favre mentality-wise. He will have a great career, but spend a lot of time dinged up IMO.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
About the same as Martz's before he became an OC. Limited time as an assistant coach, promoted up through the ranks, became a coordinator. Fact is, most coordinators come from humble beginnings before they get their chance. Sure, the early returns on Boras aren't all that encouraging, but there's still plenty of games to play and he appears to be learning and improving from week to week.

I'll also add that playcalling is overrated. "Good playcalling" is actually the end result of good gameplanning. Some guys have an in-depth knowledge of how to use defensive rules against the defenses, others just don't.

Boras might be a good one. It's hard to judge him with a backup at QB; not baggin on Keenum, but it is what it is. Give Boras the kid when he's ready and we might see a much "smarter" OC.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Why don't we wait to see how Goff looks before we start our "what could have been" posts.

That's kind of the problem. We are waiting. Why isn't Philly waiting too? ;)

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz has something that can't be taught and that is no fear to make any throw . I think Cleveland is sick about now and I'm sure the Rams brass is ready to see what they got . The kid looks like he has taken control of the offense. I know it's two games but after watching Keenum it makes you wonder .

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Not trying to point out negative tweets about Goff's current staff but for Wentz with all of his great talents, it appears he has a good surrounding cast of coaches for grooming a young QB.

It does make you wonder if Goff was drafted by the Eagles would he be starting for Pederson like Wentz is? Possibly not................

This is Weinke's 2nd year as an NFL QB coach but the rest looks to be correct.

Carson Wentz’s coaching staff vs. Jared Goff’s coaching staff:

Chris Wesseling@ChrisWesselin
CswnlCKUkAA77Eo.jpg:large