Eagles vs Bears GDT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I'll confess when he/they play someone other than the Cleveland and CHI defense.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
And this is why I do not like Fisher being handed the keys on offense. Doug Pederson may be a rookie coach, but he certainly puts his offensive players in a position to succeed whereas, Fisher puts his offense on a difficult spot, which then creates a ripple effect into tiring out the defense, making them look bad as well.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Also Kevin White through 2 games has been affected by his broken foot from last season, no help from Cutler or a mix of both and other shit.

For a #7 overall pick...

But Alshon is getting the wins I see it...

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Wentz can play and he was definitely more ready than Goff. Watch Wentz changing plays at the line. Goff can't even learn the offense or take a hand off.:banghead:
Goff is really talented but he is very raw and I hope that this staff doesn't screw him up!:(

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Carson Wentz dinked and dunked the majority of the night. Screens, flats, that sort of thing.

Real story is how good that Eagle defense has played.

Wentz can play and he was definitely more ready than Goff. Watch Wentz changing plays at the line. Goff can't even learn the offense or take a hand off.:banghead:
Goff is really talented but he is very raw and I hope that this staff doesn't screw him up!:(

The whole hand off thing is a waste of time to talk about. Probably won't happen often, if at all.

But the rest of what you described is why Jared is sitting. It's not the coaching staff, it's going to take time for him to learn to adjust. Hopefully it all works out.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wentz has something that can't be taught and that is no fear to make any throw . I think Cleveland is sick about now and I'm sure the Rams brass is ready to see what they got . The kid looks like he has taken control of the offense. I know it's two games but after watching Keenum it makes you wonder .

No way. I'm sure they're happy with all the draft picks they can pull out of their ass
. Having said that their starting qbs have been injured in consecutive weeks. I don't see Wentz avoiding the same hits that injured the other two.

WvuIN02

Starter
FROM TWITTER
Full list of rookie QBs since 1970 to start & win team's 1st 2 games of season without throwing an INT: Carson Wentz That's it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
FROM TWITTER
Full list of rookie QBs since 1970 to start & win team's 1st 2 games of season without throwing an INT: Carson Wentz That's it.

You know who also hasn't thrown an int in his team's first two games? Jared Goff. ;)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Wanted us to draft him.
We didn't.
C'est la vie.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Yep. I think Wentz made more sentz in this type of offentz, but who knows. I really just can't wait to see how our guy does when he is ready. If he succeeds, then we may have a playoff caliber team for a decade or more. If he flops? Well, even Fisher won't be able to wash off that stink....

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'll confess when he/they play someone other than the Cleveland and CHI defense.

I disagree, the kid has got it! Now Goff does too, but let's not come away from being very impressed on what Wentz has accomplished. Next week the Eagles play the Steelers and I'm sure he will be up to the task.

JerseyRam1

Rookie
Wentz is playing really well, no matter who he is playing against. He is changing plays at the LOS, beating blitzes (last week he was 8-8 against the blitz), he is hitting multiple receivers, has great accuracy on the long throws and is taking big hits and bouncing back. Think we would all be thrilled if Goff was playing and shown prowess in any of the skills Wentz has displayed. Myself, like others wanted Wentz, but when your a fan, you have to believe your team scouts, coaches and leaders know what they are doing. If Fisher and co mess this up with the past 5 years of Fisher ball, our football fandom could be even more miserable for years to come. Lets hope when Goff plays, he shows us flashes of Brees, Brady and Eli, because Wentz is showing flashes of Rivers, Big Ben, Luck

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
About the same as Martz's before he became an OC. Limited time as an assistant coach, promoted up through the ranks, became a coordinator. Fact is, most coordinators come from humble beginnings before they get their chance. Sure, the early returns on Boras aren't all that encouraging, but there's still plenty of games to play and he appears to be learning and improving from week to week.

I have no problem coming up through the ranks and progressing if it's based on merit and success. The Boras OC hire came from within the organization as a promotion. He was the TE coach in the same offense where the original OC was fired for poor play.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wentz lookin just ight.
You started the post...I wanted to talk straight to you....Did you see the whole game? is he still just Aight? C'mon man.....
I would be lying if I said it doesn't bother me somewhat seeing Wentz
Good, don't start lying now FLO-Rida!!! It only bother me in the sense, I'm a statistical guy...you know, odds...The odds that the first 2 picks will both be pro-bowlers...isn't good...
I still like Goff...Like the way he throws...
But Wentz looks like...the real deal...young Elway...

Not trying to point out negative tweets about Goff's current staff but for Wentz with all of his great talents, it appears he has a good surrounding cast of coaches for grooming a young QB.

It does make you wonder if Goff was drafted by the Eagles would he be starting for Pederson like Wentz is? Possibly not................

This is Weinke's 2nd year as an NFL QB coach but the rest looks to be correct.

Carson Wentz’s coaching staff vs. Jared Goff’s coaching staff:

Chris Wesseling@ChrisWesselin
CswnlCKUkAA77Eo.jpg:large
Had to include this....Weinke has played QB at FSU...at a very HIGH level...Has ran a very successful QB school for high school prospects & college QB's....that's all I got for him...
But the main hire....the guy...is Groh...he's the key...and the main reason I have faith...Fish isn't a damn fool...He's just crazy some time....I listened a lil to his show in my car yesterday...Listened to ED....DeMarco...they know 9 points aint gonna do it...
He was the TE coach in the same offense where the original OC was fired for poor play.
Cigs & Schotty were sabotaged by poor QB's...Put Keenum on Philly...on NE....NO....hell Pit...and he'd still be garbage..You see Zimmer didn't run Hill out there again...Those OC's were fired for trying to get blood outta the stone of throw-away QB's....Once Sam B. went down...all bets were off....

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
FROM TWITTER
Well ... there are a Lot of People here at ROD that did prefer Wentz over Goff!! Me included! But We have no choice now except to Play the Cards we are delt!! GO Goff!!(y);):D