Eagles vs Bears GDT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TexasRam

Legend
Wentz has made some really nice throws on the money. Stood tall and took some big hits while delivering.

He's had some nice protection thus far. Most of his throws are short stuff just like his first start.

Missed a few open targets throwing to the covered WR instead. A little late on a possible TD pass and didn't see Sproles coming wide open as the defender fell down. Would have been an easy TD.

If I am an eagle fan I am excited about Wentz right now. Potential is there.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I always thought Wentz was an accurate Tim Tebow.
Tebow is much faster. Even Goff was faster in 40. Wentz doesn't realize how fast and hard competition at this level hits.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tebow is much faster. Even Goff was faster in 40. Wentz doesn't realize how fast and hard competition at this level hits.
It's funny you said that about Goff because coming out of college I almost never saw him run. When I saw his 40 time I was blown away.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
And why is it so hard 12intheBox? because Wentz looks like a pro?

Yes - because he was ours for the taking.

Not to say Goff still can't be great and even better - but Wentz clearly has it. He is playing even better than his numbers show - he just hit Mathews in the hands on that bomb and has had 2 great ones called back on holds.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
Watching Wentz looking very poised as a rookie and making some nice throws (should have just had a td) just makes you wonder. Totally different situation, but if Goff doesn't pan out, this will be a lot worse than Quick over Jeffrey.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Early but it sure appears that Wentz and Dak are very quality additions to the NFL QB club.... The only thing I wish is that they played in the AFC. The NFC is loading up with good young QB's.

Q729

Legend
Who's to say Goff wouldn't do the same if the situation was reversed? Maybe it's just our coaching...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Why don't we wait to see how Goff looks before we start our "what could have been" posts.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Who's to say Goff wouldn't do the same if the situation was reversed? Maybe it's just our coaching...

Maybe. You never really know. What we do know is that Wentz is out there balling and our offense hasn't scored a TD this year.

If it is our coaching - it would seem a change would be in order.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Yes - because he was ours for the taking.

Not to say Goff still can't be great and even better - but Wentz clearly has it. He is playing even better than his numbers show - he just hit Mathews in the hands on that bomb and has had 2 great ones called back on holds.

I would be lying if I said it doesn't bother me somewhat seeing Wentz and Dak looking like young promising QB's for years to come.

I have to suffer like everyone else until that other guy gets to show if he's worthy and the caliber that these 2 are showing early in the season.

For now we can only keep the faith
23659028.png

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Wentz looks to be the real deal so far. Can't wait to see our guy.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78

It's all bout coaching. When you have zero TDs in 2 games, it's coaching. It's easy to blame players, but Rod Boras has no business being an OC. Have you seen his resume?