Eagles trade with Browns to move up to #2 overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
The Eagles are trying to recreate the days of Andy Reid. So, Wentz is going to sit for at least one season, a la Donovan's first season.

When I learned the Eagles and Rams were part of new offseason trades (again), I had to come back on this forum.

I'm on board with the year to learn but what doesn't make sense is if they figured they would do this why sign Daniels and pay him what they did? Bradford is obviously a very capable QB but paying what now looks like the 3rd string QB in Daniels that kind of dough is really odd to me. Since the 3rd string almost never sees the field.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
This Eagle trade up is not good news for the rest of the NFC East, huh?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It was mentioned somewhere that the Browns think the Rams are taking Goff. Thats why they're giving up the spot.
I doubt this^! The Browns Coach, Hue, has stated he doesn't like QB's with smaller Hands!:LOL: And IF you believe him ..Well.

Bizon

UDFA
My first thought: This now means that neither of the QB's will be going to the Whiners (y)

Edit: Damn, twice in 5 minutes I get beaten to a post haha

maxresdefault.jpg

Ram65

Legend
What idiot would have disagreed with you on that???

Haha

I was pretty adamate the Eagles would go after the top QBs in the draft after resigning Bradford. I'm sure you remember that. I guess the Eagles like to collect QBs.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt this^! The Browns Coach, Hue, has stated he doesn't like QB's with smaller Hands!:LOL: And IF you believe him ..Well.

Browns had more reason to smokescreen. I think if Rams do take Goff, it's reasonable to believe that Browns wanted Goff as well.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
But there's nothing left to get that'll help this year. I guess they could get a future pick but that probably wouldn't help much and a bit of a stretch

Jordan Matthews would look good in blue and gold:yess:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was pretty adamate the Eagles would go after the top QBs in the draft after resigning Bradford. I'm sure you remember that. I guess the Eagles like to collect QBs.
I was referring to me telling @OldSchool that Cleveland would take a QB at #2 and wouldn't think about trading down....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PS. My productivity has gone to absolute sh*t and will probably remain that way through next weekend.
Define productivity?
If you mean surfing the web every waking moment to figure out the draft my productivity is at an all time high!
Work and other responsibility?
ummmmyeah-thatll-be-great.jpg

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was referring to me telling @OldSchool that Cleveland would take a QB at #2 and wouldn't think about trading down....
Nah when Cleveland signed rg3 I insisted they wouldn't draft a QB and they should trade down because their roster is horrible. A lot of people thought I was crazy because rg3 wouldn't affect their draft status at all.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I don't think the trade down is horrible for Cleveland - they've been pretty open about being in full rebuild mode. Of course sooner or later they have to plug n a QB that can be a franchise guy, but there's not much point if the rest lf the roster is garbage.

They'll fill holes and go after a QB next year with al the picks they've accumulated - plus the fact they'll stink again and will be picking high.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This was a great trade for the Browns. They have a solid coach now, no need to take another high QB and add to the QB cemetery in Cleveland. There will be some solid options in the 2nd or 3rd round for them.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also think it says something that the 1st and 2nd picks got traded this year to teams that were originally picking 13th and 15th - these QBs will be great complimentary pieces, but not rebuild your franchise pieces (I realize the Titans wouldn't have drafted a QB and that the Eagles got to 8 before trading with the Browns, but I still think this is worth noting)

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So the Eagles sign Bradford and Chase Daniel to a whole lot of money, and then they trade alot of picks to jump up to #2 and pick a QB? Uh..

In the presser Roseman said he wants to return to the Andy Reid days when they used to pick QBs and flip them for first rounders.....(not his words, mine, but that is what he meant)

I doubt if the Eagles are trading Bradford, I just read on another board if they do they take an 11MIL cap hit this year.

They could eat the hit but they have more to gain by not trading him this year. Read below and I explain it.

They believe in investing in the QB position

Yes. Devanney did too but he picked crappy QBs to invest in.

They do not see quality QBs being available from college or free agency the next 2-3 years
Looks like another off-season blind side trade for SB.

The Eagles will start Bradford this year. They believe that the QB market in the draft and free agency for the next 2-3 years is gonna stink. So.......if Bradford plays well this year, then next offseason he will be worth much more than he is right now. Right now, maybe they get a third rounder.....second rounder? With a good year and no good QBs to acquire he could be worth a first rounder. I believe that is what the Roseman is thinking.

Define productivity?
If you mean surfing the web every waking moment to figure out the draft my productivity is at an all time high!
Work and other responsibility?
ummmmyeah-thatll-be-great.jpg

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one that loses all productivity on days that big draft things are happening.
Now I don't have to feel so guilty. If my Wife complains that I didn't get anything done I can say well nobody is getting anything done today. Just check the Rams forum for proof.