Eagles confirm torn ACL for Carson Wentz

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
??
All i said was that he didn’t have a game winning drive last week

Wentz is great. But he’s definitely at a cross roads right now. He can’t run the way he has and not continue to get hurt.
Yeah that really wasn’t for you I posted that on the wrong reply. But I honestly don’t think Wentz is the type of runner that RG3 or Vick was. They were run first QBs and Wentz isn’t

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I too, believe the game is won in the pocket. Goff has that, while Wentz doesn't. Wentz can not win a "big" NFL game playing only from the pocket.

Luck, Wentz and Griffen and many others are proof of what happens in the big ol' NFL.

ALSO: Wentz, per one guy (ram viewer), was said to have been holding and touching his knee previous to the play, and throughout that drive, before the 'hit' that supposedly tore his ACL. So, his coach also said he tore it 'before' he was hit....again proving he is fragile.

Not saying that Goff isn't fragile, he may be, but he doesn't put himself in the strike zone (so to say). And so, Goff stays healthy while we discover tough guy Wentz might have played 1/2 that drive on a torn ACL.

Yes, I still take Goff. But, for one game, Wentz won. We have 10+ years more to find out....but I stick with Goff. And, yes, Wentz misses a lot of throws---just like McNabb and McNair did.

It’s funny how Wentz don’t get the same ohh it’s his 2nd yr in the league like Goff does and all the throws he has missed. Last Game Wentz made more money throws when it actually mattered.

How many rushing yards did Wentz have. How many times did he pull the ball down and started scrambling. I swear people get so high and mighty when anyone even challenge the notion that Goff isn’t the best qb in the league.

Calling a qb injury prone when this is his first major injury in the NfL college doesn’t matter it’s his NFL career that does. God forbid something happen to Goff let’s just hope our offensive line continues to keep him one of the cleanest QBs in the league otherwise watch how quick Goff become a Running QB

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah that really wasn’t for you I posted that on the wrong reply. But I honestly don’t think Wentz is the type of runner that RG3 or Vick was. They were run first QBs and Wentz isn’t
No for sure. My concern is if he’s Daunte Culpepper. When he lost his legs he was never the same.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Calling a qb injury prone when this is his first major injury in the NfL college doesn’t matter it’s his NFL career that does
He missed all of pre-season last year because he got hurt too. He’s got to change that mentality. He takes way too many hits, many of which are avoidable

jacktheripper85

Starter

You said “game on the line” Wentz easily over Goff. In your Falcon example Eagles took the lead with 7 minutes to play-I wouldn’t call that a “game on the line situation “. As for the Giant game he completed 1 pass on blown coverage and his kicker nailed like a 63 yd FG. You can hang your hat on those 2 games for your rationale about Wentz over Goff in crunch time but I’ll put Goffs performance on the last drive against Seattle against anything Wentz has had to do at the end of a game to win anytime.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No for sure. My concern is if he’s Daunte Culpepper. When he lost his legs he was never the same.
We all know ACl injuries aren’t what they used to be. Our own Gurley is proof of that. I don’t like running QBs because they tend to run first and bail out from the first sign of pressure but Wentz doesn’t do that he plays in the box and buys time with his legs but when he do run he has to protect himself better but that touchdown run is the wrong example of him getting hurt

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He missed all of pre-season last year because he got hurt too. He’s got to change that mentality. He takes way too many hits, many of which are avoidable
Preseason I’m talking about a major injury

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You said “game on the line” Wentz easily over Goff. In your Falcon example Eagles took the lead with 7 minutes to play-I wouldn’t call that a “game on the line situation “. As for the Giant game he completed 1 pass on blown coverage and his kicker nailed like a 63 yd FG. You can hang your hat on those 2 games for your rationale about Wentz over Goff in crunch time but I’ll put Goffs performance on the last drive against Seattle against anything Wentz has had to do at the end of a game to win anytime.
Lol one drive leads to a game winner one leads to a lost but you go hang your hat on that. Go ahead because in this league wins and losses matter not almost.

If Goff lead that final drive and GZ kicked that field goal you would be singing a different tune and how many times have we benefited from busted coverage lol double standards are amazing it seem

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do think he can protect himself better and I’m sure that’s something that’s going to be worked on but As I said many times I’m glad we have Goff and McVay. I think both QBs are where they should be

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Preseason I’m talking about a major injury
He fractured his ribs taking an unnecessary hit. Had he done that in reg season he would have missed 3-4 games. That’s major imo. It’s a pattern
We all know ACl injuries aren’t what they used to be. Our own Gurley is proof of that. I don’t like running QBs because they tend to run first and bail out from the first sign of pressure but Wentz doesn’t do that he plays in the box and buys time with his legs but when he do run he has to protect himself better but that touchdown run is the wrong example of him getting hurt
Apples to oranges. First, Tell Sam Bradford acl aren’t what they used to be.
Second, your missing the point. I’d he continues to initiate contact, he will get injured again. RBs train for the contact, qbs don’t.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Lol one drive leads to a game winner one leads to a lost but you go hang your hat on that. Go ahead because in this league wins and losses matter not almost.

If Goff lead that final drive and GZ kicked that field goal you would be singing a different tune and how many times have we benefited from busted coverage lol double standards are amazing it seem

You’re the one who used the phrase “game on the line”-not me. If you think those 2 drives were “game on the line” then I question your interpretation of that meaning. My definition of a game on the line drive is that if I don’t score on that drive I lose the game-not the case in either of those 2 games. Nice 4th quarter drives-but everybody has those-“game on the line”...no way.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He fractured his ribs taking an unnecessary hit. Had he done that in reg season he would have missed 3-4 games. That’s major imo. It’s a pattern

Apples to oranges. First, Tell Sam Bradford acl aren’t what they used to be.
Second, your missing the point. I’d he continues to initiate contact, he will get injured again. RBs train for the contact, qbs don’t.
Cracked ribs in the preseason isn’t major how many non running QBs have fractured their ribs how many QBs have played with fractured ribs and we are talking about last year I can see if he actually fractured his ribs again because he was running. Last year he did a lot of running but this year has been completely different. Bradford is my point acl injuries can happen to any qb but just because Wentz is a runner he is more likely to get hurt.

It like people got to find something to be happy with since Goff got outplayed

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You’re the one who used the phrase “game on the line”-not me. If you think those 2 drives were “game on the line” then I question your interpretation of that meaning. My definition of a game on the line drive is that if I don’t score on that drive I lose the game-not the case in either of those 2 games. Nice 4th quarter drives-but everybody has those-“game on the line”...no way.
Lol yeah game on the line meaning we need to score to win. That’s the literal definition of a 4th quarter comeback and a Game winning drive. You on the other hand rather lose a game like the Seattle game instead of getting your team in position for the game winning kick I.e the game against the eagles. Wentz won those games he got his team in position to win those games in the closing seconds in the 4th quarter with the “game on the line” his team won

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Calling a qb injury prone when this is his first major injury in the NfL college doesn’t matter it’s his NFL career that does. QB

1) That’s simply your opinion, I believe it’s flawed

2) Being tthat (as I’ve already stated) Wentz’ College career was basically his senior season, which he was injured for about 65% of it, we only have 3 seasons of football to gauge him by

And again, he has/will miss substantial time in 2 of those 3 seasons

That, at the very least should be a major concern over future durability

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cracked ribs in the preseason isn’t major how many non running QBs have fractured their ribs how many QBs have played with fractured ribs and we are talking about last year I can see if he actually fractured his ribs again because he was running. Last year he did a lot of running but this year has been completely different. Bradford is my point acl injuries can happen to any qb but just because Wentz is a runner he is more likely to get hurt.

It like people got to find something to be happy with since Goff got outplayed
What does Goff have to do with it?
For one, you are wrong. Wentz couldn’t have played last year after he cracked his ribs. It was a big deal. There was plenty of talk then about concerns about his injuries.
So brush it under the rug all you like but in Philly, it was serious.
They wouldn’t have made the Bradford trade if Teddy blew out his knee then.
Not sure why you are missing the point but it’s not that Wentz can run that’s the issue it’s the way he does run. And he’s running more this year than last so they’ve got to tone that down.
I’m certainly not happy about him getting hurt.

jacktheripper85

Starter
Lol yeah game on the line meaning we need to score to win. That’s the literal definition of a 4th quarter comeback and a Game winning drive. You on the other hand rather lose a game like the Seattle game instead of getting your team in position for the game winning kick I.e the game against the eagles. Wentz won those games he got his team in position to win those games in the closing seconds in the 4th quarter with the “game on the line” his team won

We can agree to disagree. All I’m saying is that if you don’t think Goffs drive against Seattle was a much more pressure packed situation than the 2 drives you outlined than I don’t know what to tell you. Putting your team ahead with 7 minutes to play or throwing 1 pass to set up a 63 yd FG (even if he missed the game was going to OT) does not compare pressure wise to the situation Goff was in against Seattle-that’s all I’m saying.

Besides all that in watching both of them when all is said and done I’m sure we’ll see both of them perform many 4th quarter comebacks in their careers.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What does Goff have to do with it?
For one, you are wrong. Wentz couldn’t have played last year after he cracked his ribs. It was a big deal. There was plenty of talk then about concerns about his injuries.
So brush it under the rug all you like but in Philly, it was serious.
They wouldn’t have made the Bradford trade if Teddy blew out his knee then.
Not sure why you are missing the point but it’s not that Wentz can run that’s the issue it’s the way he does run. And he’s running more this year than last so they’ve got to tone that down.
I’m certainly not happy about him getting hurt.
Yeah just like any injury to Goff would be big in LA still doesn’t mean he couldn’t play with it if he had to and 3 weeks means it wasn’t serious especially since it was preseason it could have only been a 2 week injury.

Then you compare a gruesome knee injury to cracked ribs lol. How many QBs have played with cracked ribs before. Talking about apples to oranges. And I have said plenty of times that he has to protect himself when he run but the TEAM need to protect him with a better offensive line. Because almost every Rush this year happen because he had to escape pressure.

What I’m saying is he’s not a running qb he uses his legs like Wilson like Rodgers but he don’t protect himself like them. But that touchdown run what he got hurt on was a QB play not a running qb not a passing qb just a regular Qb play that competitors make

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We can agree to disagree. All I’m saying is that if you don’t think Goffs drive against Seattle was a much more pressure packed situation than the 2 drives you outlined than I don’t know what to tell you. Putting your team ahead with 7 minutes to play or throwing 1 pass to set up a 63 yd FG (even if he missed the game was going to OT) does not compare pressure wise to the situation Goff was in against Seattle-that’s all I’m saying.

Besides all that in watching both of them when all is said and done I’m sure we’ll see both of them perform many 4th quarter comebacks in their careers.
Yeah we will have to disagree because no matter how you try to down play it. They both resulted in W’s while every game Goff has a chance to win ended in L’s and as I said in my previous post I’m not even referring to that Seattle game I put that loss on McVay he ran Gurley only 9times after the first quarter

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1) That’s simply your opinion, I believe it’s flawed

2) Being tthat (as I’ve already stated) Wentz’ College career was basically his senior season, which he was injured for about 65% of it, we only have 3 seasons of football to gauge him by

And again, he has/will miss substantial time in 2 of those 3 seasons

That, at the very least should be a major concern over future durability
It’s only a major concern if he suffered a acl tear in college how many Games did Stafford miss in his NFL career when he hardly ever got injured in college and now he hasn’t missed a game in a minute. All I’m saying it’s fickle buisness trying to call a guy injury prone when the injuries aren’t related