Dumbest playcall ever....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
With the best power back in the game and being able to run all game, that was a bad bad call. I wonder who made it, Bevell or Pete Carroll.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I almost never question play calls ,as has been said before the Pats just out executed the Hawks, Lynchs running style refusing to go down gives the defense more chance to strip the ball, so saying the run was the right call is presumptuous.

Much of play calling is about feel when Bevell and Carroll had coached that team into the position to win the game to say now on this one play made the wrong call doesn't sufficiently credit what got them there and IMO is such classic 20/20 hindsight I won't engage

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I almost never question play calls ,as has been said before the Pats just out executed the Hawks, Lynchs running style refusing to go down gives the defense more chance to strip the ball, so saying the run was the right call is presumptuous.

Much of play calling is about feel when Bevell and Carroll had coached that team into the position to win the game to say now on this one play made the wrong call doesn't sufficiently credit what got them there and IMO is such classic 20/20 hindsight I won't engage

exactly,
Collinsworth had just got done praising the Seattle play-calling on that 30 yard pass to Lynch just moments earlier,
then declares it a horrible play call when the defender makes a great play on the ball - what a crock

lockdnram21

Legend
they said that Lynch has ran the ball from the 1 yard line 5times and only scored once this season

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could be. Or, Lockette could have matched (or exceeded) Butler's intensity on the play.
Such a "bang-bang" play. Just seemed to me like Butler had more speed, better angle and was more aware of where the ball was than Lockette.

I'm gonna watch the game again tonight (sans the beers and friends yapping all the time) :)

Maybe I'll see it differently.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
they said that Lynch has ran the ball from the 1 yard line 5times and only scored once this season
He's not super productive with 5 or 6 on the D-line either.
Nor does seattle like to use him in those situations, apparently.

H3T5WKG.png

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Such a "bang-bang" play. Just seemed to me like Butler had more speed, better angle and was more aware of where the ball was than Lockette.

I'm gonna watch the game again tonight (sans the beers and friends yapping all the time) :)

Maybe I'll see it differently.
Oh he definitely had a better track to the ball (Butler) once he read Wilson's eyes. You're right about that.
My problem isn't with Lockette's aggressiveness, in as much as it is with the throw (placement) itself.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
With the best power back in the game and being able to run all game, that was a bad bad call. I wonder who made it, Bevell or Pete Carroll.
Seriously, the more I think about it, they were just maximizing their opportunities to strike at the end zone.

Had Wilson not thrown the interception, they had two more opportunities to hand it off to Lynch.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't think that play defines the OC but it was an atrocious call if you ask me. I wanted the patsies to lose. All that being said... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Fuckin HILARIOUS!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think that play defines the OC but it was an atrocious call if you ask me. I wanted the patsies to lose. All that being said... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! freakin HILARIOUS!
Okay, now be honest with me yourself.

Would you think it was an atrocious call if it was complete and that sealed the win for seattle?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Okay, now be honest with me yourself.

Would you think it was an atrocious call if it was complete and that sealed the win for seattle?
Probably wouldn't give it a second thought. But to me, that is not the litmus test. A lot of stupid plays work at times. In that case however, I really can't defend the play call at all. I only caught a few plays of the game as I was wondering around my restaurant. The first one happily was the tammy pick on the goal line. But were the patsies stuffing the run the whole game? In looking at the play by play, I'd say no.

I will say though that I've seen Bradford make that pass a couple times and when he did I made a big sigh of relief. To me that is not a sign that I liked the play call but relieved that it worked. So in that respect, I would have to conclude that I would question the call even if it worked. As it was Seattle, that is why I would likely not have given it a second thought. Y'know - cuz I could give a shit how they won if they did.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That's what's important to me.

The rest was blah blah blah lemon jelly filling, blah blah blah. :heh:
The only thing remotely tying in Lemon Jelly Filling to that whole thing was the sigh of relief. Relief that I once again had one of the best donuts known to men of taste and sophistication. Wonderful stuff that Lemon Jelly Filling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The only thing remotely tying in Lemon Jelly Filling to that whole thing was the sigh of relief. Relief that I once again had one of the best donuts known to men of taste and sophistication. Wonderful stuff that Lemon Jelly Filling.
g7XrSrl.jpg

WoodsideRam

Rookie
I'm with Bill Polian. I don't have a problem throwing it there. But why that play? Why go away from who you are? In my opinion, IF you are going to throw it, Marshawn Lynch has to be involved. They scored earlier on a play action pass. Seattle is a power run, play action, read option team. That last play they ran, reminded me of something New England or Denver would run.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Seriously, the more I think about it, they were just maximizing their opportunities to strike at the end zone.

Had Wilson not thrown the interception, they had two more opportunities to hand it off to Lynch.

There are safer ways to get cute. Empty backfield is not one of them. Fake the power run up the gut and let the TE slide free, or run the QB around the end. They have the QB for it and he is quite elusive. I think the Seahawks really had better plays to choose from even if they did want to try to pass it. How about a designed pick. They ran one earlier and it worked great. Ran Revis right into the ref.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
So, everyone in the world thought they would run it, but they passed it, and it didn't work...That makes a bad call. I disagree. Should have been a play action play, though, IMO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Just prior to the pick, I was counting my Losses, I was sure the 'Hags had it in the Bag, Then, uncontrollable :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: CHA CHING!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D