Dumbest playcall ever....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Didn't look like they played the pass to me.

LInWdDU.jpg
What I see from your picture is the interceptor read where Wilson wanted to go with the ball and the mike went to go and cover Marshawn so it looks to me like they were ready for the pass and what Wilson wanted to do.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What I see from your picture is the interceptor read where Wilson wanted to go with the ball and the mike went to go and cover Marshawn so it looks to me like they were ready for the pass and what Wilson wanted to do.
Hmm. I see man coverage with everyone else rushing the passer and/or keying on Lynch.
But yeah, Butler did read Wilson's eyes and jumped the route.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Not going to read through 6 pages of comments cause I've had a few to drink so sorry if this has been posted and this migh be a dick move by me but I totally jumped on Facebook and laughed at all the Hawks fans cause last year on Monday night football we did the same damn thing and choked the game away. So I had to remind all those who laughed at me especially since I spent the money to go the game in St. Louis.

ram007

Starter
In the long term, this call will only define two things:
1. Pete Carroll botched it
2. And Pete cemented Brady's legacy. :palm:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Hmm. I see man coverage with everyone else rushing the passer and/or keying on Lynch.
But yeah, Butler did read Wilson's eyes and jumped the route.
I see a 6 man blitz, the two receivers on top are being pressed by their two defenders, one player is blitzing from that side and the mike is man to man with Marshawn, ballsy play call indeed. It also appears everyone on that defensive-line is teeing off to get to Wussell.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Man, what a bitter sweet pill to swallow as a Ram's fan. We get to see the agony of Seahawk nation but at the expense of seeing the Cheatriots win another one.

It's just bitter to me. I work with a Pats guy that has no friends and is gonna talk this crap for at least until.... freak

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I see a 6 man blitz, the two receivers on top are being pressed by their two defenders, one player is blitzing from that side and the mike is man to man with Marshawn, ballsy play call indeed. It also appears everyone on that defensive-line is teeing off to get to Wussell.
It's not that. Mike is spying Wilson, 95 had Lynch . Pats had 6 Dlmen, the far said, 95, had the back, the other 5 rushed. It's jumbo personnel . . . it's m/m lock spy

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Also Lockett kind of 2012-2013 Brian Quick'd it. Reminds me of Dolphins game in 2012 where Quick didn't use his body . .. but in this case the corner didn't got sucked in on the rub and beat Lockett to the spot.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Also Lockett kind of 2012-2013 Brian Quick'd it. Reminds me of Dolphins game in 2012 where Quick didn't use his body . .. but in this case the corner didn't got sucked in on the rub and beat Lockett to the spot.
Darrell Bevell hints Ricardo Lockette could have been more physical on pivotal play
Posted by Mike Wilkening on February 2, 2015, 1:02 AM EST
cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptlhmtzizdfmytljmwmxzmy0ndkyzmiwnjlknduwntgy-e1422856734757.jpeg
Getty Images
Because it ended in the game-clinching interception in Super Bowl XLIX, the Seahawks’ decision to throw on the New England one-yard line in the final minute Sunday night will be a part of NFL lore for years to come.

Criticism has fallen on Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell for the second-down call resulting in an interception by Patriots cornerback Malcolm Butler, securing a 28-24 win for New England. And in the immediate aftermath, Carroll showed accountability, taking the blame for the call and explaining time and again to reporters why Seattle was throwing instead of handing off to Marshawn Lynch.

For his part, Bevell has also taken ownership of the call, per John Boyle of theEverett (Wash.) Herald.

However, Bevell also indicated wide receiver Ricardo Lockette — the intended target on the play — could have showed more strength finishing his route. Lockette was knocked off the ball by Butler, who ran through the receiver and made the pick in a spectacular effort.

“We could have done a better job staying strong on the ball,” Bevell said afterwards, according to Gregg Bell of the Tacoma News Tribune. (A nod to SBNation.com for finding the News Tribune‘s report.)

The Seattle Times’ Bob Condotta also observed Bevell had suggested Lockette needed to be stronger, as did Boyle of the Everett Herald.

The lamenting about the Seahawks’ final offensive play won’t stop anytime soon. While Bevell might be right about Lockette, there’s no escaping that Seattle passed at a curious time — and failed.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/uscnow/la-sp-usc-former-usc-players-react-to-seahawks-super-bowl-playcall-at-finish-20150201-story.html

Former USC players react to Seahawks' Super Bowl play-call at finish

la-sp-pete-carroll-super-bowl-wre0026829102-20150201.jpg

Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll watches as players react following Malcolm Butler's interception of a pass by Russell Wilson. (Matt Rourke / Associated Press)
By Gary Klein contact the reporter

Former USC players were quick to react to the New England Patriots’ Super Bowl victory over the Seattle Seahawks, and the Seahawks’ disastrous decision to pass the ball instead of giving it to running back Marshawn Lynch in the final seconds.

Malcolm Butler of the Patriots intercepted Russell Wilson’s pass at the goal line with 20 seconds left to preserve the 28-24 victory.

Seahawks Coach Pete Carroll, who was criticized for not having Reggie Bush on the field for a critical fourth-and-two play in the 2006 Bowl Championship Series title game, and the Seahawks staff will be second-guessed for not giving the ball to Lynch.

Many former Trojans took to Twitter after the interception.

Former defensive back Tony Burnett: "No Reggie. No Marshawn. Might haunt Pete forever."

Former running back Stafon Johnson: "One time out 2nd down and you throw it wit Marshawn behind u smh u deserve to lose lol… "

Former quarterback Matt Barkley: "You seriously don’t hand the ball to #Beastmode??"

Former center Khaled Holmes: "Easily the worst play call I’ve ever seen."

Former receiver Keary Colbert: "I feel the same as when I watched the Rose Bowl 2006. SICK!!!!!"

Former running back Marc Tyler: "Terrible play call u have the best RB on the 1 yard line and u throw the ball sickening smh wow"

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I might call a quick slant at the goal line if i'm out of time outs and my RB isn't a power back. Clock stops with an incompletion.

I like either play action boot or Beastmode in that situation. Especially if i'm the Seahawks. IMO they blew it strategically.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
looks like Carroll was imitating the Rams play calling, just unfortunate for him he chose the wrong one. i was gutted when we did it in the regular season, imagine how the the Seahawks fans, players and Carroll himself feel doing it in the SB! must hurt :giggle:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

haha, i can't believe they're trying to blame the wr. "staying strong on the ball"? the guy was running towards the ball and got knocked out the way by a player with a better angle to knock him out the way.

blame the qb for making a dumb throw.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It's a case for both arguments really.

1. Dumbass play calling and execution by Seattle.
2. (and more importantly) awesome play by Butler, stayed strong on that body check and zeroed in on the ball - excellent defensive play.