Drop Quick, Pick up Shorts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I arrived at that conclusion from watching college game tape.
you see he had drop issues in college as well,but then again when you have
4 to 6 drops and only 2 receptions out of those 10 targets thats no a bad place to start.
I watched a shit ton of it too. And what I arrived at is that he's a playmaker.
Yes, he'll have drops, but he'll make up for those with big catches in big situations.
That's why I compared him to Terrell Owens. Nobody had more drops than Owens.

Was Owens a drive-killer? Sure, probably. Is he gonna be a HOF receiver? Sure, probably.

and p.s. -- it was 4 catches. :mustache:

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
I watched a crap ton of it too. And what I arrived at is that he's a playmaker.
Yes, he'll have drops, but he'll make up for those with big catches in big situations.

Was Owens a drive-killer? Sure, probably. Is he gonna be a HOF receiver? Sure, probably.
So your already comparing him to Owens after 10 targets?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So your already comparing him to Owens after 10 targets?
Wow.

You do understand I'm not saying he'll have a similar career trajectory, right?
I'm only comparing him to Owens with respect to how he (too) can drop passes and make big plays, and that they'll off-set each other.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I watched a crap ton of it too. And what I arrived at is that he's a playmaker.

and p.s. -- it was 4 catches. :mustache:
Please don't compare one of our guys to a guy who played for the Whiners AND the Cowgurlz. :puke:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I had a conversation about Thomas with Matt Waldman a week and a half before the draft this year.
I was kind of hoping the Rams would draft him, and I asked him about the drop issues.

bd05c04512d94925b09401966fef7abc.png

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Wow.

You do understand I'm not saying he'll have a similar career trajectory, right?
I'm only comparing him to Owens with respect to how he (too) can drop passes and make big plays, and that they'll off-set each other.
I understand everything your saying.but all I did was flip your remark about me having
an opinion after 10 targets.My opinion is what it is.I Dont think he is gonna be good receiver
The only difference In your opinion and mine is that I respected yours without assuming you didnt know
what you were talking about.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The only difference In your opinion and mine is that I respected yours without assuming you didnt know
what you were talking about.
Ah. So what you're saying is, I didn't respect your opinion and I assumed you don't know what you're talking about?
Yeah, I'm not sure that actually happened.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Frankly, this isn't a bad idea. Shorts is not at all durable, but he's a better WR than Quick. Will drop passes too. But he at least makes some plays.

jap

Legend
I'll give Quick one thing, he's a good down the field blocker, which happens to be important on our team.

With the Gurley Express! or Tavon Awesome on the field, everybody! has to block well as either one of our Thunder & Lightning dynamic duo can reach pay dirt on any given play.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Frankly, this isn't a bad idea. Shorts is not at all durable, but he's a better WR than Quick. Will drop passes too. But he at least makes some plays.

Prob is they're at 7. Bring in Shorts, two get cut.

IMO the cut is Quick vs Thomas. Thomas takes the torch as the guy with upside who can't execute, or maybe he doesn't. Quick's just about out of time IMO.

If they bring in another WR it will be Quick and Thomas most likely. Either way I don't want to see Coop or Spruce cut.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and btw one receiver many liked pre-draft, and who had a really good camp with the Packers, was cut: Geronimo Allison. The Packers supposedly toyed with keeping 7 receivers because of his play. Dude did not look raw as the knock on him had advertised.

Ah crap. Nevermind. We kept 7 too...

EDIT: nice contested catch vs SF...