Drop Quick, Pick up Shorts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
The hope is for that guy to be Thomas I would think

Now thats funny.Thomas is only on the team for his kick return and coverage ability.
As many drops as quick had in preseason he still catches the ball way better than Thomas
who had about 6 drops and two receptions in preseason

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
It's hyperbole, but what has Quick done to earn a roster spot outside of being the 33rd overall pick in 2012? The guy is a very bad NFL WR. That's not hyperbole.

He was raw started to learn to play in the NFL then had a horrific injury. He was starting to look pretty good before he got hurt. People who use stats to argue his worth are lazy and didn't like the pick. Tell me what QB we had that would have helped his stats? He saved Austin's ass many times on high throws last year as did Britt. No one has any idea what he will do with a good QB. Every receiver has drops he has less than any of our receivers in the last 4 years.

tavian

Mike Thomas take his position permanently. He's a couple inches shorter than Quick, but his range and athleticism is miles ahead of Quick's.
Mike Thomas is and has been a drop machine.I would hope they could find someone
capable of catching at least half of what hits their hands.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's hyperbole, but what has Quick done to earn a roster spot outside of being the 33rd overall pick in 2012? The guy is a very bad NFL WR. That's not hyperbole.
Not defending Quick's play at all. But hyperbole? That's what you're going with?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'll give Quick one thing, he's a good down the field blocker, which happens to be important on our team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Mike Thomas is and has been a drop machine.I would hope they could find someone
capable of catching at least half of what hits their hands.
This is true, and they knew that when they drafted him. But he'll make just as many huge plays in his career too.
Kinda like Terrell Owens.

You'll see.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
This is true, and they knew that when they drafted him. But he'll make just as many huge plays in his career too.
Kinda like Terrell Owens.

You'll see.

Exactly my thoughts on Thomas. He may not have Spruce or Cooper's hands, but he can get open, and if he gets over his rookie jitters, look out.

FRO

Legend
Not defending Quick's play at all. But hyperbole? That's what you're going with?
Me saying Fisher and Snead should be immediately fired was hyperbole on my part. Saying Quick is a poor WR is my opinion that is hard to argue otherwise. It's his 5th year in the league. I would like to see examples of guys turning it on in their 5th year. I think you'd be better served going with a younger unknown quantity over Quick. But what do I know?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Me saying Fisher and Snead should be immediately fired was hyperbole on my part. Saying Quick is a poor WR is my opinion that is hard to argue otherwise. It's his 5th year in the league. I would like to see examples of guys turning it on in their 5th year. I think you'd be better served going with a younger unknown quantity over Quick. But what do I know?
And I think you know it is the fire so and so mentality on which I was making comment. The fire the coach mantra doesn't fit the hyperbole defense on a football board - especially when you've made it quite clear how you feel about them.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth on this with you. It grows tiring that here we are with ... how many games played this season? and people are calling for heads to roll. You've been here long enough to know that is not what this board is about.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I will have to before I believe it.Just looks like another in a long line of "Drive Killers" for the Rams
I can see how you've arrived to that conclusion after 10 NFL career targets.

FRO

Legend
And I think you know it is the fire so and so mentality on which I was making comment. The fire the coach mantra doesn't fit the hyperbole defense on a football board - especially when you've made it quite clear how you feel about them.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth on this with you. It grows tiring that here we are with ... how many games played this season? and people are calling for heads to roll. You've been here long enough to know that is not what this board is about.
Sorry for having a more cynical point of view when it comes to year 5 of Fisher and Snead and decisions. I just feel like keeping a guy who has been a major disappointment at a position where we have sucked for a long time to be aggravating.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry for having a more cynical point of view when it comes to year 5 of Fisher and Snead and decisions. I just feel like keeping a guy who has been a major disappointment at a position where we have sucked for a long time to be aggravating.
And your aggravation is shared.

Go RAMS!!!

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

Kinda like the Goff's a bust storyline.
There are people who watch, (and maybe even enjoy ) the NFL, (but more importantly, their fantasy team), who really should stick to watching Dancing with the Stars.

I really should know better at my age but I swear to god , too often I just want to:headexplosion:

tavian

I arrived at that conclusion from watching college game tape.
you see he had drop issues in college as well,but then again when you have
4 to 6 drops and only 2 receptions out of those 10 targets thats no a bad place to start.