Drop Quick, Pick up Shorts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Athos

Legend
And there's your 2nd outside WR.

Texans are stacked at WR these days, so this isn't surprising.

Shorts has been productive with some pretty god awful QBing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Never gonna happen. And even if it did, Shorts wouldn't become the defacto #2.
He's just be another receiver in one of their many subpackages.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
Hasn't played in 16 games in his five year career. Pass.

If we cut Quick, I'd rather give McRoberts his well deserved shot.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cecil Shorts.....Another slot wro_O:oops:.....

I'm almost ready to throw Quick to the cornfield as well...Hell, Reuben Randle, Hunter from Tenn. (not another Titan:headexplosion: ) and now Aaron Dobson....but are these really upgrades, or short-term band aides? Looking at wr's in college, that guy at Clemson, Williams...now, that's an upgrade:yay:...

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Hasn't played in 16 games in his five year career. Pass.

If we cut Quick, I'd rather give McRoberts his well deserved shot.

I think the choice the Rams are agonizing over at the end here is this. If indeed it is true that Thomas has been told he made the team, it comes down to Marquez, Quick or McRoberts. Only McRoberts could be seen as a PS candidate.

Edit: the debate is whether the Quick experiment is over, or not.

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub
I think the choice the Rams are agonizing over at the end here is this. If indeed it is true that Thomas has been told he made the team, it comes down to Marquez, Quick or McRoberts. Only McRoberts could be seen as a PS candidate.

What's the rule regarding sending a player to the PS after the start of the regular season? If Spruce, Marquez and Cooper have to sit for game one, we definitely need McRoberts (and maybe Quick) to remain on the roster for the moment.

Altho we do have Higbee and Hemingway. Oh, and that Kendricks fella.

FRO

Legend
If the Quick experiment isn't over then both Fisher and Snead should be immediately fired. He is what he is, a poor WR.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If the Quick experiment isn't over then both Fisher and Snead should be immediately fired. He is what he is, a poor WR.
It's not over this year, that's for sure. He's got a $1.5M guaranteed contract for 2016.
If he doesn't show up this year, then yeah. Hit the bricks, Bri.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And there's your 2nd outside WR.

Texans are stacked at WR these days, so this isn't surprising.

Shorts has been productive with some pretty god awful QBing.

"Drop Quick, and pick up your Shorts"

I thought this had a different meaning than you intended..
oriJwjx.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
It's not over this year, that's for sure. He's got a $1.5M guaranteed contract for 2016.
If he doesn't show up this year, then yeah. Hit the bricks, Bri.
Bring logic and reason to the Quick conversation is not allowed I thought.
Cheap contract, but, guarenteed.
A vet WR in a group that is going to have several rookies. This is why he stays.
If he puts together a good season....as the third or fourth on a run first team....500 yards and 5 TDs they may even bring him back on the cheap. If not he is gone. I don't see what is not to like about that situation honestly.

HellRam

Starter
Bring logic and reason to the Quick conversation is not allowed I thought.
Cheap contract, but, guarenteed.
A vet WR in a group that is going to have several rookies. This is why he stays.
If he puts together a good season....as the third or fourth on a run first team....500 yards and 5 TDs they may even bring him back on the cheap. If not he is gone. I don't see what is not to like about that situation honestly.

The problem with that logic IMO is Quick is a waste of a roster spot. I don't care if he makes a dollar this season or 10 mill. The best players should be on the roster. Not the guy on the bubble dropping passes in preseason games. To me the logical choice would be putting the WR who has best odds to develop into something. This is Quick's 5th season. It did not work out, it is what it is at this point.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The problem with that logic IMO is Quick is a waste of a roster spot. I don't care if he makes a dollar this season or 10 mill. The best players should be on the roster. Not the guy on the bubble dropping passes in preseason games. To me the logical choice would be putting the WR who has best odds to develop into something. This is Quick's 5th season. It did not work out, it is what it is at this point.
That's kind of the reason why they drafted so many receivers. None of whom are ready to step in and out of the myriad of subpackages (and associated plays) the Rams run on offense. It's easy enough to say, "Yeah, well, just let them run simple plays until they get familiar with the whole playbook", but all that does is limit what we can do on offense until they're up to speed. I'll agree that Quick's time is coming to an end, and even that he's on the bubble, but he's still a valuable receiver within the scope of what they want to do with him. If he gets outplayed by some of the new guys, and one of those new guys proves to be MORE valuable, then you'll see Quick fade out of the picture.

lockdnram21

Legend
That's kind of the reason why they drafted so many receivers. None of whom are ready to step in and out of the myriad of subpackages (and associated plays) the Rams run on offense. It's easy enough to say, "Yeah, well, just let them run simple plays until they get familiar with the whole playbook", but all that does is limit what we can do on offense until they're up to speed. I'll agree that Quick's time is coming to an end, and even that he's on the bubble, but he's still a valuable receiver within the scope of what they want to do with him. If he gets outplayed by some of the new guys, and one of those new guys proves to be MORE valuable, then you'll see Quick fade out of the picture.
The hope is for that guy to be Thomas I would think

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Holy shit, another @-X- sighting!! Good to see you back brutha!