Draft talk, mocks, prospects

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
That's a lot of compensation from the Browns. As far as players, it looks solid. I'm still not sure about Clinton-Dix. And Kelcy Quarles is interesting. This might be one team that fits him well because of Jim Waufle. Quarles is a freak of nature(6'4" 295 with reported 4.7 to 4.8 speed) but his technical side of his game needs a lot of refinement. I probably wouldn't take him there but he has massive amounts of upside and will be a top 60 pick for sure.

Yea, might be to much compensation, but with a #1 and letting them keep there #7, it could be possible, especially with Mariota staying and Mettenberger with a torn ACL. The top QB's are falling like flies. Pretty soon Carr will be in top 5 discussions at this rate.

I'm not sold on Clinton-Dix either, but as i said, used all new players, most of which, if not all, won't be in my regular mocks.
Agree with you on Quarles.

Thanks for the feedback :)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea, might be to much compensation, but with a #1 and letting them keep there #7, it could be possible, especially with Mariota staying and Mettenberger with a torn ACL. The top QB's are falling like flies. Pretty soon Carr will be in top 5 discussions at this rate.

I'm not sold on Clinton-Dix either, but as i said, used all new players, most of which, if not all, won't be in my regular mocks.
Agree with you on Quarles.

Thanks for the feedback :)

I think Carr is there, personally. Think he was there before Mariota decided to return. IMO, he would have been drafted before Mariota. He's got a big time arm, has mobility and NFL teams apparently love his intangibles. Plus, he's played and thrived in multiple systems. He has major footwork and throwing base issues but with all his physical talent and character, coaches are going to believe they can fix those and have a great QB on their hands.

I'm bored, and when i get bored, i start thinking about the draft even more.
I already came out with my midseason mock last week, so decided to try something different.

A new mock with lots of trades and selecting all new players that weren't used in my original.

It's CRAZINESS!!!!!!!But it could work.......maybe.....i said maybe ok!!!! Get off my back already!!!!!!!

I am also going to include a 2nd mock, which i will explain about later as you will see.

Let's get this chaos of a draft going!!!!

TRADES!!!!!!!!!! oh boy are you in for some fun!!!!!

oh btw, in this draft, we hold the #1 overall pick!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Trade 1:

Rams trade #1 overall to the Browns

Rams Gain:

Josh Gordon!!!!!!!!!

Browns 2014 1st rounder (#25 overall)

Browns 2014 2nd rounder (#39 overall)

Browns 2015 1st rounder

*ok, i know some of you are thinking" WTF MATE"???????? Why do we not get the Browns #7 overall??????????? You are crazy!!!!! Maybe, maybe not. The reason why we take the #25 overall instead of the 7th is so we can get that future first. Brown don't want to lose both 1st rounder this yea, so we tell them, Give us Gordon and next years 1st and your 2nd this year and we will trade back to #25. 25 they ask????? Yup, thats right, that way you can draft Mike Evans at #7 to go with your shiny new QB Bridgewater. "Mariota returning to school leaves Bridgewater as the undisputed top QB in the draft" Snead tell them. They debate a little bit and say F*** it!!!!! lets do this!!!!

Trade 2:

Falcons trade up from #35 to get our #25

Gain:

Falcons 3rd rounder(#67 overall)

Trade 3:

Texans trade up from #91 to get our #79

Gain:

Texans 5th rounder(#130 overall)

Picks:

1.15 - HaHa Clinton-Dix FS, Alabama

2.35 - Darqueze Dennard CB, Michigan State

2.39 - Kelcy Quarles DT, South Carolina

2.47 - E.J. Gaines CB, Missouri / Lamarcus Joyner S/CB, Florida State(like them both, so you decide)

3.67 - Seantrel Henderson OT, Miami

3.91 - David Fales QB, San Jose State

4.103 - Jonathan Brown OLB, Illinois

5.130 - Andrew Norwell G/OT, Ohio State

5.143 - James White RB, Wisconsin

6.175 - Kerry Hyder DT, TTU

7.207 - Gabe Ikard G/C, Oklahoma

Here is what we get:
-We now have that bonafied #1 WR
-Future starters and depth across both offensive and defensive lines
-FS who will start right away and depth
-CB who will start and great depth
-LB depth
-RB depth
-Back up QB to be groomed for more
-Future 1st round pick from the Browns that could be pretty high :)

So there you have it!!!! I actually had even more trades but dialed it down a notch cause i was frying my brain over them all.

Ok, now for you people who don't like to project trades in mocks...blah blah blah. I think a mock with trades is more realistic then one without. Teams almost always trade at some point. But regardless.

In this non-trade mock, i am going to against my better judgement and select an OT and guard early!!!! ewwwwwwwwww!!!!!!

1.1 - Jake Mathews OT, Texas A&M

1.2 - HaHa Clinton-Dix FS, Alabama

2.1 - Cyril Richardson G, Baylor

3.1 - Antone Exum S/CB, Virginia Tech

4.1 - Daniel McCullers DT, Tennessee

5.1 - Alvin Dupree OLB, Kentucky

6.1 - Aaron Murray QB, Georgia

7.1 - Wayne Lyons CB, Stanford

Well there you have it, two mocks for the price of none!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what you think, or not, whatever.

*I am going a little crazy this week due to my Mother-in-law having been here since Sunday morning....Hence the craziness...

I'd do it for Gordon straight up, if we could get two additional firsts and a second we should anoint Snead as some sort of god.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think Carr is there, personally. Think he was there before Mariota decided to return. IMO, he would have been drafted before Mariota. He's got a big time arm, has mobility and NFL teams apparently love his intangibles. Plus, he's played and thrived in multiple systems. He has major footwork and throwing base issues but with all his physical talent and character, coaches are going to believe they can fix those and have a great QB on their hands.

After doing some research and what not after reading your post, it seems you are right. I have mostly disregarded QB's this year, except for a few mid-late round prospects so don't know to much about the front end of the draft when it comes to them. If we get #2 overall might be able to trade the pick off and still get a really good return.

A55VA6

Legend
I'd trade for Josh Gordon in a heartbeat. Browns still willing to deal him?

BigHornRAMM

Rookie
Name
BigHorn
1 Teddy BridgewaterQB 1 Louisville Jr 6-3,205
2 Jadeveon ClowneyInjured DE South Carolina Jr 6-5 274
3 Anthony Barr OLB 1 UCLA Sr 6-4 248 1
4 Jake Matthews OT 1 Texas A&M Sr 6-5 305
5 Sammy Watkins WR 1 Clemson Jr 6-1 205 1
6 Khalil Mack OLB 2 Buffalo rSr 6-3 248 1
7 Cameron Erving OT 2 Florida State rJr 6-5 320
8 Mike Evans WR 2 Texas A&M rSo 6-5 225
9 Cyrus Kouandjio OT 3 Alabama Jr 6-5 310 1
10 Derek Carr QB 2 Fresno State rSr 6-3 215
11 Taylor Lewan OT 4 Michigan rSr 6-7 315
12 Johnny Manziel QB 3 Texas A&M rSo 5-11 210
13 Stephon Tuitt DE 2 Notre Dame Jr 6-6 312
14 C.J. Mosley OLB 3 Alabama Sr 6-2 232 1
15 Trent Murphy DE 3 Stanford rSr 6-6 261
16 Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB 1 Oregon Jr 5-10 185 1
17 Jace Amaro TE 1 Texas Tech Jr 6-5 260
18 Marqise Lee WR 3 SoCalifornia Jr 6-0 195
19 Ryan Shazier OLB 4 Ohio State Jr 6-2 230
20 Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State Sr 5-11 197
21 David Yankey OG 1 Stanford rJr 6-5 314
22 Louis NixInjuredDT 1 Notre Dame rJr 6-2 345
23 Vic Beasley DE 4 Clemson rJr 6-2 235 1
24 Eric Ebron TE 2 North Carolina Jr 6-4 245
25 Davante Adams WR 4 Fresno State rSo 6-2 205

Since we get the skins and our pick. I'd LOVE to see the Rams get #8 Mike Evans. Get a possible true #1 WR, and either a CB #20 or #16, or a offensive line pick.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
1 Teddy BridgewaterQB 1 Louisville Jr 6-3,205
2 Jadeveon ClowneyInjured DE South Carolina Jr 6-5 274
3 Anthony Barr OLB 1 UCLA Sr 6-4 248 1
4 Jake Matthews OT 1 Texas A&M Sr 6-5 305
5 Sammy Watkins WR 1 Clemson Jr 6-1 205 1
6 Khalil Mack OLB 2 Buffalo rSr 6-3 248 1
7 Cameron Erving OT 2 Florida State rJr 6-5 320
8 Mike Evans WR 2 Texas A&M rSo 6-5 225
9 Cyrus Kouandjio OT 3 Alabama Jr 6-5 310 1
10 Derek Carr QB 2 Fresno State rSr 6-3 215
11 Taylor Lewan OT 4 Michigan rSr 6-7 315
12 Johnny Manziel QB 3 Texas A&M rSo 5-11 210
13 Stephon Tuitt DE 2 Notre Dame Jr 6-6 312
14 C.J. Mosley OLB 3 Alabama Sr 6-2 232 1
15 Trent Murphy DE 3 Stanford rSr 6-6 261
16 Ifo Ekpre-Olomu CB 1 Oregon Jr 5-10 185 1
17 Jace Amaro TE 1 Texas Tech Jr 6-5 260
18 Marqise Lee WR 3 SoCalifornia Jr 6-0 195
19 Ryan Shazier OLB 4 Ohio State Jr 6-2 230
20 Darqueze Dennard CB Michigan State Sr 5-11 197
21 David Yankey OG 1 Stanford rJr 6-5 314
22 Louis NixInjuredDT 1 Notre Dame rJr 6-2 345
23 Vic Beasley DE 4 Clemson rJr 6-2 235 1
24 Eric Ebron TE 2 North Carolina Jr 6-4 245
25 Davante Adams WR 4 Fresno State rSo 6-2 205

Since we get the skins and our pick. I'd LOVE to see the Rams get #8 Mike Evans. Get a possible true #1 WR, and either a CB #20 or #16, or a offensive line pick.

I like Evans too but not positive if he even comes out this year. He probably will follow Manziel out if he comes.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Odd fact i just found out about Jake Matthews, his cousin is Clay Mathews of the Packers.

I didn't know that and just thought id share. So Hof dad and pro bowl cousin.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
825887204.gif

This is one of the best throws I've ever seen. I know it may not be popular but if we have a shot at Bridgewater, I want him. I love Sam but I think Teddy is going to be special.

Agamemnon

Rookie
I don't mind having competition at QB. You can look at the Wash pick as being a freebie.

I wonder. Why couldn't we draft a player and then trade that player? Why does the NFL never trade a player after he is picked. The NBA seems to do it all the time.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
825887204.gif

This is one of the best throws I've ever seen. I know it may not be popular but if we have a shot at Bridgewater, I want him. I love Sam but I think Teddy is going to be special.

DAMN!!!! Escapes multiple defenders within the hashes, throws side arm and across his body and delivers a perfect strike to the corner for a TD. That isn't just an amazing throw, it is all around an incredible play.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
Yea but the question is...could you get that same sort of value later? I think you can. There's little that separates David Fales and AJ McCarron in my mind. And the thing is that Fales has played on a team with a poor running game and an OL that gives up a lot of pressure. He's more battle tested in that regard than McCarron.
fair point, which is why GM is such a coveted position!

diehard99

UDFA
Name
Derek Blac
first mock 1.) Clowney (DE) s. car. 1.) Verrett (cb) tcu 2.) Lyerla (te) oregon 3.) Collins (ot) lsu 4.) Perkins (rb) miss. st. 5.) Ward (s) n. ill. 6.) Carrethers (dt) ark. st. 6.) Patrick (og) s. car. 7.) Lyn (cb) syracuse Resign Williams (og), Dun Bar (olb)

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
first mock 1.) Clowney (DE) s. car. 1.) Verrett (cb) tcu 2.) Lyerla (te) oregon 3.) Collins (ot) lsu 4.) Perkins (rb) miss. st. 5.) Ward (s) n. ill. 6.) Carrethers (dt) ark. st. 6.) Patrick (og) s. car. 7.) Lyn (cb) syracuse Resign Williams (og), Dun Bar (olb)

Personally don't want to take Clowney but understand it. Don't see a need for a TE in the 2nd. Don't know a lot about Ward beside his 6 int's and that he plays more SS than FS. Not to bad a draft, would live with it though would like a safety earlier.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I see we have two 7th round picks already but how many compensatory picks do y'all see us garnishing in the upcoming draft and what rounds do you see them being rewarded?

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I know trading Bradford is tempting, but I would like to keep him because I believe he is entering his prime. We have the youngest team in the NFL, and the worse thing that we can do, IMO, is trade away our leadership. Think about it, no experience offensively. Yes, the young guy MAY be better than Bradford in the future, but he and the young WRs will have their progression impeded because they will have NO experience reading defenses, a recipe for turnovers. Wilson, Kaepernick, and RG3 survived their first year starting not because they made it through progressions, but because of the wildcat and having the legs to run extend plays when they break down. Heck, Kaepernick still locks on his first read and misses open receivers.

TL;DR: A rookie quarterback with inexperienced WRs is a recipe for disaster. We need Bradford to help these WRs develop.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know trading Bradford is tempting, but I would like to keep him because I believe he is entering his prime. We have the youngest team in the NFL, and the worse thing that we can do, IMO, is trade away our leadership. Think about it, no experience offensively. Yes, the young guy MAY be better than Bradford in the future, but he and the young WRs will have their progression impeded because they will have NO experience reading defenses, a recipe for turnovers. Wilson, Kaepernick, and RG3 survived their first year starting not because they made it through progressions, but because of the wildcat and having the legs to run extend plays when they break down. Heck, Kaepernick still locks on his first read and misses open receivers.

TL;DR: A rookie quarterback with inexperienced WRs is a recipe for disaster. We need Bradford to help these WRs develop.

Eh, if we're talking Bridgewater he runs a pro style offense and runs the entire offense from the LOS. He's not your normal rookie QB.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lyerla in the 2nd doesn't make much sense to me. He'll be lucky to be drafted after leaving the team, being busted for coke and not staying in rehab.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Eh, if we're talking Bridgewater he runs a pro style offense and runs the entire offense from the LOS. He's not your normal rookie QB.

I just hate the idea of restarting. And I don't want Bridgewater to be the "face" of the franchise-- he's ugly as hell (jk, but seriously).