Draft talk, mocks, prospects

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just hate the idea of restarting. And I don't want Bridgewater to be the "face" of the franchise-- he's ugly as hell (jk, but seriously).

I'd only replace Sam with one guy...and that's Bridgewater because I think he's going to be truly great.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
no way a qb will be taken first round. neither will an offensive lineman.

Either WR, OLB, DT, or S are going to be taken (My bet is DT and S)

If we do trade down I can see WR then S, with a DT and OLB with the second round picks

A55VA6

Legend
I have a feeling about Johnny Manziel.. he's going to be good.

And is Mike Evans a legit 6'5? If he is, let's draft that F*cker. lol

Last edited by a moderator:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I'd only replace Sam with one guy...and that's Bridgewater because I think he's going to be truly great.

Hey jrry32, shocked to hear you say this buddy!! I thought for sure you'd consider Bortles as someone to replace Sam. Tbh, not a huge fan of Bridgewater although that throw was INSANE!! Madden-esque.

Many will disagree, but I would take Bortles with either one of our firsts. And if we have to sit him for a year and have him develop behind Sam for one year I'm okay with that. The guy is very smart, but Shotty's system is very sophisticated and I don't mind the Green Bay model of having your young qb sit safe on the sideline learning the playbook. Again, some will not like the logic, especially when we can fill bigger needs, but I'm a firm believer of BPA, and early in the draft there aren't too many blue chip prospects that fill our needs and provide value so maybe consider a new franchise qb.

My absolute pipe dream would be Matthews with our 1st pick and Bortles with our second first.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
The Skin's pick, top 5, will have more value if Bridgewater is still on the board. If Carr wow's at the combine then he could be another teams target which would bring a decent haul of picks. Other than that, I don't see any other prospects another team would severely over pay for. The will pay some picks for a LT, but not as much.
If the Rams keep Bradford, Mathews has the most value as a top 5 pick. Clowney would be, but does he want the money or want to play football ?

So the deal is, if the Rams can't turn a QB into a bounty of picks they have to take Mathews or Clowney or they leave talent on the board. No DT, LB or DB is worthy as a top 5 pick
So congratulations if you take a non top 5 player for need you fail and just set the team back farther.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey jrry32, shocked to hear you say this buddy!! I thought for sure you'd consider Bortles as someone to replace Sam. Tbh, not a huge fan of Bridgewater although that throw was INSANE!! Madden-esque.

Many will disagree, but I would take Bortles with either one of our firsts. And if we have to sit him for a year and have him develop behind Sam for one year I'm okay with that. The guy is very smart, but Shotty's system is very sophisticated and I don't mind the Green Bay model of having your young qb sit safe on the sideline learning the playbook. Again, some will not like the logic, especially when we can fill bigger needs, but I'm a firm believer of BPA, and early in the draft there aren't too many blue chip prospects that fill our needs and provide value so maybe consider a new franchise qb.

My absolute pipe dream would be Matthews with our 1st pick and Bortles with our second first.

Nah. And I'm not believer in BPA.

BThorn86

UDFA
My Top 5 Running Backs..

Melvin Gordon/RS Sophomore – 6'1", 207 pounds – Wisconsin
The redshirt sophomore has really come on this season since Montee Ball's departure. Gordon has rushed for 1,466 yards on just 181 carries, good for an outstanding 8.1 YPC and 12 touchdowns.
Gordon’s draft profile is intriguing based on several factors. For one, Gordon hails from “Offensive Line University” where pro-caliber offensive linemen seem to grow on trees.
This has hurt the image of Wisconsin running backs in terms of their pro potential due to coming from such a great system.
Current Denver Broncos rookie running back Montee Ball – a former Badger – has done an admirable job in spot-duty so far this season and can help buck this trend if his production continues to rise.
Ball was a second-round pick last year and Gordon has more physical talent. If Gordon can prove that his estimated 4.4 speed is legit at the NFL Combine, the end of the second-round should serve as the worst-case scenario for his draft position....http://www.footballnation.com/content/nfl-draft-2014-the-top-5-running-back-prospects/27151/

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Those two running backs for Mizzou and Auburn looked pretty good. I'm not a beleiver you need a high round RB unless he's flashes AP or MF ability.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Nah. And I'm not believer in BPA.

Me neither. I like the Snead model a lot. You target about 2 or 3 players and you slide your draft position to where they are likely to go. That's how they landed Brockers and Ogletree. That's was masterful drafting.

A55VA6

Legend
More i look at it i say Mike Evans would be a nice fit in STL. He uses his size really really well.

jjab360

Legend
More i look at it i say Mike Evans would be a nice fit in STL. He uses his size really really well.
Been saying this since the Alabama game. Evans is a beast, and is going to be a stud NFL receiver. Watkins is nice too, but he just doesn't dominate like Evans does.

jjab360

Legend
And on another note, as much as I'd love Evans to the Rams, I don't know what kind of possibilities would be opened for the defense with Quinn, Clowney, Long, and Brockers all on the same D-line. Next fearsome foursome??

lasvegasrams

Rookie
today's game makes me realize we need the best DBs available for at least one of our first two picks. Clinton Dix is a must have if available

jjab360

Legend
today's game makes me realize we need the best DBs available for at least one of our first two picks. Clinton Dix is a must have if available
Gotta go BPA in the first round and there aren't really any DBs making my mouth water in the 1st, tbh. A lot of good corners and safeties in the 2nd-3rd round range, though.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Yep. I'm starting to focus more on the draft and all that stuff now.

I started to peak and look into stuff last week, but yeah, it's all draft now.

Not sure what everyone is seeing in Anthony Barr. Good player but Idk if top 5. Someone please tell me why I'm wrong, because I would love a Von Miller clone on this team.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
"I'm just gonna throw this out there and if you don't like it then throw it right back." Anchorman

Here's some telling observations to what direction this team needs to go.

Givens is a one trick pony. If he gets behind you then it's bad... but he sucks in traffic.

Our running game is solid but defenses don't respect our passing game right now.

Don't know what's up with Quick... Clemens?

I don't think we burned the blitz hardly at all today.

My wild solution is trade down, draft Watkins and Evans with our first rounders, the draft a CB, FS, and then BPA between OG, DT, RB, LB, and a high upside QB mid in the mid rounds. We'd still have growing pains but it'd be better than what we have now.

A55VA6

Legend
I hope we grab Watkins or Evans... but will Fisher use another high 1st rounder on a WR? Probably not..