Double-edged sword

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Going through my closet now to locate my magic wand. By late Monday evening you should know if I've found it.

I got one better then a magic wand i'm going to salmon for a month of steelhead fishing so I won't be able to watch next 4 games. should be a nice win streak until I get back.

And you said that in full knowledge that Bradford was hurt, AD is doing well but I still believe with the emergence of Quick and Britt, Sam would be doing better and we'd be 2-2 minimum or 3-1.
I'm sure Sam would have outperformed Hills first half against Minnesota and Davis second half .
As far as the DC changes ,it wasn't by choice and has nothing to do with a decision thereby and in view of the fact that Williams is NOW the DC it represents really one choice and a stop gap till Fisher could get his guy,not casting about at all.
I'm a little disappointed in Williams defense so far but can't buy into the idea that the DC changes are an issue as far as Fisher is concerned , if I question a decision there it's one not three.

I say it in the full knowledge that Davis has just put together as good a 3 game stretch passing wise that Bradford has in his entire career, I say it in the full knowledge that putting all your eggs in a QB with a serious leg injury and then putting a LT into protect that QB isn't smart. And I say it in the full knowledge that Fisher did everything he could to avoid a situation where Davis was even on the team (signed Hill, drafted Gilbert) and still stumbled into a miracle. Sam may be playing better than he has done in his entire life under current circumstances, we may be 4-0 or 3-1 with Sam at QB but we would be 3-1 if everyone around Davis was playing at his level.

The DC situation is either by choice or by incompetence in my view, Fisher either decided in 2012 that he couldn't get his guy so he'd hire people not upto the job and wait 2 years for his guy, or he just failed to identify someone who could do the job in both 2012 and 2013 fact of the matter is the people did exist at both points. I'm not sure which is worse but either way Fisher is responsible.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
And you said that in full knowledge that Bradford was hurt, AD is doing well but I still believe with the emergence of Quick and Britt, Sam would be doing better and we'd be 2-2 minimum or 3-1.
I'm sure Sam would have outperformed Hills first half against Minnesota and Davis second half .
As far as the DC changes ,it wasn't by choice and has nothing to do with a decision thereby and in view of the fact that Williams is NOW the DC it represents really one choice and a stop gap till Fisher could get his guy,not casting about at all.
I'm a little disappointed in Williams defense so far but can't buy into the idea that the DC changes are an issue as far as Fisher is concerned , if I question a decision there it's one not three.

Not sure Sam would still be alive behind this line TD. I agree we would have had a faster start against Minny, and could very well have a better record....but AD has made more than a few plays after getting himself out of the pocket, and therefore out of trouble that I do not see Sam escaping. The TD last week to Quick where he escaped out the back of the pocket is one example.

I am more disappointed in the play of the front 7 than I am of G Williams. Our LBs, in particular, just look pathetic and opposing teams are taking advantage of it. They have not done well in run support or coverage from what I have witnessed. That needs cleaning up, but do we have the players to do it?

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I say it in the full knowledge that Davis has just put together as good a 3 game stretch passing wise that Bradford has in his entire career, I say it in the full knowledge that putting all your eggs in a QB with a serious leg injury and then putting a LT into protect that QB isn't smart. And I say it in the full knowledge that Fisher did everything he could to avoid a situation where Davis was even on the team (signed Hill, drafted Gilbert) and still stumbled into a miracle. Sam may be playing better than he has done in his entire life under current circumstances, we may be 4-0 or 3-1 with Sam at QB but we would be 3-1 if everyone around Davis was playing at his level.

The DC situation is either by choice or by incompetence in my view, Fisher either decided in 2012 that he couldn't get his guy so he'd hire people not upto the job and wait 2 years for his guy, or he just failed to identify someone who could do the job in both 2012 and 2013 fact of the matter is the people did exist at both points. I'm not sure which is worse but either way Fisher is responsible.
Again I'm not satisfied with the "DC situation" but IMO the defense did play to "Davis' level Sunday", he LOST a fumble that turned into a TD ,he over threw wide open recs. in the first quarter one a sure TD ,they yielded fewer points than the offense scored ,if Dacis had held onto that fumble and surrendered a safety on that drive ,we'd have been in position to need a FG at the end of the game ,so his "level" was not completely blamesless for the loss,if you want to evaluate ALL play without prejudice.

I'm happy with the guys play, but I'm not about to lay all blame for that game on a single unit in order to focus my ire upon it .

BTW "incompetence" is a word I hardly think is appropriate to use for ANYONE coaching in the NFL,that's like saying Buster Douglas was an incompetent boxer or Tiger Woods is no longer a competent golfer ,these guys are the best ,but they face the best ,not good enough ? maybe ,over-matched? at times ,but 4 games into a season , if for no other reason than I don't want to spend the next twelve games torturing myself I can't and won't give up on any of these coaches ,and last but certainly not least ,Fisher has proven he's competent enough times in the past ,all that's left for me to decide with him is if he's as good as I want or this team needs to turn what many thought (not me of course cuz I'm a homer) was one of the three worst orgs in the league within the time frame the very best coaches have done for other orgs. that were regarded as better than this one in the first place and the expectations of fans and newspaper writer impatient already because of the sins of people who they( the coaches) had no control over.

Once had a Acct instructor ,former Fortune 500 comptroller ,said the people at the top of those companies were barely over 50% correct in their decision making their jobs were so fraught with risk ,but the numbers they played with were so big they made tons on that spread , that's a lot how I see coaching in the NFL small things and differences in play make these huge differences in games ,split seconds made the difference between Foles being sacked and throwing falling away several times Sunday,which were inches from being intercepted .
We're gonna put it together on defense soon,I know it.

Hope I cheered you up with this rambling post bud ,cuz it did wonders for me (y) I feel like blowin sunshine today:p

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Not sure Sam would still be alive behind this line TD. I agree we would have had a faster start against Minny, and could very well have a better record....but AD has made more than a few plays after getting himself out of the pocket, and therefore out of trouble that I do not see Sam escaping. The TD last week to Quick where he escaped out the back of the pocket is one example.

I am more disappointed in the play of the front 7 than I am of G Williams. Our LBs, in particular, just look pathetic and opposing teams are taking advantage of it. They have not done well in run support or coverage from what I have witnessed. That needs cleaning up, but do we have the players to do it?
Yeah ,if I ruled the world I'd have probably picked a LB with the Mason pick or even the Joyner one ,but then ardunno how much worse we'd have been without him, and I'm not going to say Mason was a mistake until I see if he learns to block or if we have another IP .
I will say I consider Ray Armstrong a mistake and as often happens "potential" is turning out to be a coach killer and the coaches are taking heat for his failure to deliver upon it.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Maybe they turn it around, starting next Monday.

But it sure looks like a tall order.

Frankly, I'm a bit scared about how this year could turn out.
Feeling scared? Stressed? Fear what may happen come Monday Night? These things could be great motivators for our team! Hope so! ( Welcome to the world of watching Football!) GO RAMS!!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Feeling scared? Stressed? Fear what may happen come Monday Night? These things could be great motivators for our team! Hope so! ( Welcome to the world of watching Football!) GO RAMS!!
JMO I'd say the Rams players are looking at Monday Night as an opportunity to turn the season around before the whole nation ,UNFORTUNATELY for them once again the Cardinals are in the payoffs so "dual enrollment" fans probably aren't going to turn out for the game

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
JMO I'd say the Rams players are looking at Monday Night as an opportunity to turn the season around before the whole nation ,UNFORTUNATELY for them once again the Cardinals are in the payoffs so "dual enrollment" fans probably aren't going to turn out for the game
I hear you. I know the Cardinals are in the playoffs, but are they playing Monday Night? I hope Not. I want The Ed to fill up for this game!!!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I hear you. I know the Cardinals are in the playoffs, but are they playing Monday Night? I hope Not. I want The Ed to fill up for this game!!!
No but it comes on the heals of Sat, Sun games at Bush ,then if they go seven it will be in StL the following Sunday Night when we play the Seahawks ,love me some Cardinals,maybe this team most of all, just beat Kershaw (aka the greatest pitcher of ALL TIME:rolleyes:) TWICE ,gotta ,GOTTA love it.
But damn I love my Rams more and it hurts how they keep getting upstaged ,but ya know when the Rams were good it didn't matter this town still supported both teams ,maybe the Niners will turn the fans out,I hope so.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
No but it comes on the heals of Sat, Sun games at Bush ,then if they go seven it will be in StL the following Sunday Night when we play the Seahawks ,love me some Cardinals,maybe this team most of all, just beat Kershaw (aka the greatest pitcher of ALL TIME:rolleyes:) TWICE ,gotta ,GOTTA love it.
But damn I love my Rams more and it hurts how they keep getting upstaged ,but ya know when the Rams were good it didn't matter this town still supported both teams ,maybe the Niners will turn the fans out,I hope so.
I wonder If some Cardinals are going to show up at the Rams GSOT Celebration Monday Night!? That would be Cool!

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
I wonder If some Cardinals are going to show up at the Rams GSOT Celebration Monday Night!? That would be Cool!
Id say they will have flown to San Fran and be spending Monday Night in a hotel there since they play Tues. there.
Otherwise I think many of them would be