Dodgers in World Series! How Will This Affect Rams Fan Attention? (Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How Will the Dodgers Going To The Series Affect the Rams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
That means you have to divert some of your Rams loyalty to the Dodgers. That's unacceptable.
Guess my abilities confuse you. That's alright. I realize you need it to be simpler.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah baseball attendance was down 200 people a game for the year. Hows football attendance and tv viewership? My point was it's funny to complain that nobody cares about baseball when it's tv and attendance aren't dropping quite like the NFL is seeing.

This isn't a particularly effective argument, though. You could have defended that point with a million better points. The NFL is declining a bit from its peak, but it still dwarfs baseball. And the fact is that baseball's attendance is dropping. It's dropped in five of the past six years, including this year.

So you ask how is football attendance and tv viewership? Still vastly superior to baseball's.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
No. If you wanted to put this in "Other Sports forum...." great. This is a Rams site. Not an "LA" site. There are fans from across this globe here. Even most of those who are moderators are not from the SoCal. And this was put in "RAMS -NFL". Now if you do not understand the uniquiness of which group of officials from another.....well... I guess the "entertainment value" is more important than wins. This is all I am saying about it.
Nah. He linked it to the Rams and their home city. It seems perfectly acceptable to be in the Rams forum.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Most Dodger fans I know hardly know the Angels exist. They are still the CA Angels and always will be.
When I was a young kid, I didn't even know the Angels were a MLB team. Seriously. All I knew was they were a baseball team of some sort and they never played the Dodgers. Which was the only MLB team I watched.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If you read the article, it shows that even with this dip, it is still the 15th highest attendance figure in the history of baseball.

Oh.... and there's THIS of course:
Overall, seven clubs saw attendance over 3 million (Blue Jays, Yankees, Angels, Dodgers, Cardinals, Giants, and Cubs). No clubs saw attendance over 4 million. The Dodgers, once again, led the league in attendance with a total of 3,765,856 or an average of 46,492.

Must suck to average 46,492 over 82 freaking games! And being that it is about 60,000 better than last year, I don't see a real trend here.
Even in bad years, they're still near the top in attendance.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guess my abilities confuse you. That's alright. I realize you need it to be simpler.

Abilities? Do you have superpowers?

I do like it simple. The Rams are #1 in my heart. Fuck the Dodgers. They have a stupid looking logo, and their name doesn't make sense. ;)

If you read the article, it shows that even with this dip, it is still the 15th highest attendance figure in the history of baseball.

Oh.... and there's THIS of course:
Overall, seven clubs saw attendance over 3 million (Blue Jays, Yankees, Angels, Dodgers, Cardinals, Giants, and Cubs). No clubs saw attendance over 4 million. The Dodgers, once again, led the league in attendance with a total of 3,765,856 or an average of 46,492.

Must suck to average 46,492 over 82 freaking games! And being that it is about 60,000 better than last year, I don't see a real trend here.

That's not saying much. The Rays and Diamondbacks began playing in 1998. This was the lowest attendance figure since 2002. It's pretty clear that attendance is dropping. I responded to a post saying it wasn't.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Abilities? Do you have superpowers?

I do like it simple. The Rams are #1 in my heart. freak the Dodgers. They have a stupid looking logo, and their name doesn't make sense. ;)

That's not saying much. The Rays and Diamondbacks began playing in 1998. This was the lowest attendance figure since 2002. It's pretty clear that attendance is dropping. I responded to a post saying it wasn't.
Well if being a huge fan of both is a superpower to you then I suppose so. And I only use my superpowers for good. Case in point:
freak the Yankees with Dodger bats.
And the LA logo is stupid looking? Get real.
And one team having an annual attendance of well over 3 million while the highest in all of football is well under a half million? That's not saying much? :ROFLMAO:

Sure the NFL has done a stellar job of marketing itself but they have also been royally screwing the pooch lately and virtually every model shows their star power declining.

It's difficult to compare the two financially though. MLB signed a huge contract as did the NFL. The big difference is that baseball has a different structure when it comes to revenues. The teams can and do make huge deals outside of the big TV deals with the major network and cable channels.

Overall, baseball had a huge decline with the strike and such. It has however been rebounding nicely and a slight dip is not a trend. Football however, is looking at some less than encouraging future numbers unless they get a handle on it. I'm afraid Mark Cuban may end up being right.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
When I was a young kid, I didn't even know the Angels were a MLB team. Seriously. All I knew was they were a baseball team of some sort and they never played the Dodgers. Which was the only MLB team I watched.
It's true. It's like the Clippers always were to the Lakers. Who? Don't they play in like the CBA or something?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well if being a huge fan of both is a superpower to you then I suppose so. And I only use my superpowers for good. Case in point:

And the LA logo is stupid looking? Get real.
And one team having an annual attendance of well over 3 million while the highest in all of football is well under a half million? That's not saying much? :ROFLMAO:

The highest in all of football in 2016 was over 740,000 for 8 games. The best in baseball this year was over 3.7 million for 82 games.

Sure the NFL has done a stellar job of marketing itself but they have also been royally screwing the pooch lately and virtually every model shows their star power declining.

The NFL's star power is declining from its peak, but it's still well above any other sport in the U.S.

It's difficult to compare the two financially though. MLB signed a huge contract as did the NFL. The big difference is that baseball has a different structure when it comes to revenues. The teams can and do make huge deals outside of the big TV deals with the major network and cable channels.

The NFL brings in about $3 to $4 billion more in revenue per year than the MLB:
http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/...Leagues-and-Governing-Bodies/NFL-revenue.aspx
http://thecomeback.com/mlb/mlb-revenue-9-billion-team-value-19-percent-up.html

Overall, baseball had a huge decline with the strike and such. It has however been rebounding nicely and a slight dip is not a trend. Football however, is looking at some less than encouraging future numbers unless they get a handle on it. I'm afraid Mark Cuban may end up being right.

I'm not sure how the MLB's dip over a period of six years isn't a trend, but the NFL's dip over a similar time period is an alarming trend.

P.S. I hope you know I'm joking with all the Dodger stuff. I'm just busting y'all's balls. (y)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The NFL's star power is declining from its peak, but it's still well above any other sport in the U.S.
No argument. But the outlook is for it to decline more than sports like baseball.

First, read the article. "Gold covered caskets" :ROFLMAO: Then realize it doesn't include individual deals made by the clubs. Something NFL clubs cannot do outside of Jerruh's merchandise deal.

I'm not sure how the MLB's dip over a period of six years isn't a trend, but the NFL's dip over a similar time period is an alarming trend.
Because the MLB is trending up in markets as a whole. The NFL? Not so much. Look. I'm not saying I think the NFL is toast. It can and probably will rebound. But the Dodgers are ultra cool, as is their logo, and any Rams fan worth a shit is fully capable of cheering for both as heartily as if one of them was not going to the freaking WORLD SERIES!!! Woot!

P.S. I hope you know I'm joking with all the Dodger stuff. I'm just busting y'all's balls. (y)

Well knock it off. Don't you know I'm sensitive?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No argument. But the outlook is for it to decline more than sports like baseball.

Eh. Yes and no. A guy averaging 98 mph might lose 4 mph off his fastball due to decline, but he's still throwing 94 mph. A guy throwing 92 mph may only lose 2 mph off his fastball due to decline, but he's still only throwing 90 mph. The point in this analogy is that the NFL is "declining" more than the MLB, but that's because the MLB isn't in the same place (and has already declined from the top sport in the U.S.)

First, read the article. "Gold covered caskets" :ROFLMAO: Then realize it doesn't include individual deals made by the clubs. Something NFL clubs cannot do outside of Jerruh's merchandise deal.

It includes all revenue made by MLB teams. That includes the individual deals.

Because the MLB is trending up in markets as a whole. The NFL? Not so much. Look. I'm not saying I think the NFL is toast. It can and probably will rebound. But the Dodgers are ultra cool, as is their logo, and any Rams fan worth a crap is fully capable of cheering for both as heartily as if one of them was not going to the freaking WORLD SERIES!!! Woot!

I don't think any of the major sports are trending up right now. Times are changing. They'll catch up, but they're all a little behind.(the MLB is ahead of the NFL currently on embracing the new trends)

Well knock it off. Don't you know I'm sensitive?

I thought that was just your nipples? ;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Most Dodger fans I know hardly know the Angels exist. They are still the CA Angels and always will be.
My Father and Uncle are still die hard Dodger fans to the core. Brooklyn Dodgers that is...
I don’t think the Dodgers have bandwagon fans I just thought that line was funny.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My Father and Uncle are still die hard Dodger fans to the core. Brooklyn Dodgers that is...
I don’t think the Dodgers have bandwagon fans I just thought that line was funny.
Yeah...I used to be the kid who knew stats about all of the players and collected pop bottle caps for Dodger gear. Hearing Vin Sculley call a game is what I call the best experience a fan can get (Farmer John Sausage, anyone?)...Broke my heart when Mr Clean Steve Garvey went to San Diego, back in the day. I never stopped being a fan of the Dodgers, but my intensity for MLB went way down after that strike in the 90's. I loved the 81' & 88' Teams, and look forward to lifting my glass toward the new World Series Champions, your Los Angeles Dodgers.

*and no, Won't affect my love for the Rams ONE IOTA!

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Nah. He linked it to the Rams and their home city. It seems perfectly acceptable to be in the Rams forum.
Because it is you, 503, I'll yield to your judgement here. I still don't like it. But it's your call.