Dodgers in World Series! How Will This Affect Rams Fan Attention? (Poll)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

How Will the Dodgers Going To The Series Affect the Rams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Fuck the yankees. I hate to say it, but this series looks almost cooked to happen. LA vs NY....too cliche NOT to happen.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
Zero effect.
Baseball is boring. It takes forever and nothing ever seems to happen. I would rather watch paint dry. Baseball is dying because no one can be a fan anymore. As life speeds up and people have more to do, no one has time anymore to watch a dull 4 hour game/162 game season.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Zero effect.
Baseball is boring. It takes forever and nothing ever seems to happen. I would rather watch paint dry. Baseball is dying because no one can be a fan anymore. As life speeds up and people have more to do, no one has time anymore to watch a dull 4 hour game/162 game season.
LOL So NFL attendance and tv viewership is down while MLB's is not and you're going to attack baseball. The only pro sports that are doing great with attendance and tv ratings are NBA and Soccer. The rest have issues. But please keep telling us how bad baseball is.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I'm a lifelong Dodgers far as well. I try to watch games, but there are a lot of them. Once football starts I watch even fewer. Playoff Dodgers baseball is probably on par with a typical regular season Rams game in my interest level.

It was weird when the Rams were in St. Louis. The Rams players and coaches had a close relationship with the Cardinals that I didn't have any common interest in. One of the trips I took to St. Louis I went to a Cardinals game as well. There were people in Rams gear there (early 2000s, Rams fans were everywhere). It was odd, but I guess it wasn't really different than meeting that one guy that likes the Rams and the Clippers.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Won't affect anything. The Rams play Sunday, the World Series starts Tuesday. The Rams have a bye next weekend and the World Series will be over by the time the Rams resume play, hopefully at 5-2.

Go Dodgers.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The only baseball I watch each year...

11.jpg

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Why would it affect anything? I don't watch baseball. I certainly could care less for the Dodgers. I don't even understand why this is in the football section. Now I won't go down the slippery slope which has to do w/ geography, but that question should have been taken into consideration before posting.
I am a Rams fan. Period.
Now to the want-to-be bandwagoneers....same thing as '99. I could care less if the public buys in. This is my team and I love conversing w/ my fellow (and gals...) Rams fans.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
freak the yankees. I hate to say it, but this series looks almost cooked to happen. LA vs NY....too cliche NOT to happen.

The last time it happened was 1981. It might have been cliche' in 1982, but not in 2017.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
LOL So NFL attendance and tv viewership is down while MLB's is not and you're going to attack baseball. The only pro sports that are doing great with attendance and tv ratings are NBA and Soccer. The rest have issues. But please keep telling us how bad baseball is.
I remember when baseball was still king-1960s.I still love play-off/world series baseball.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would it affect anything? I don't watch baseball. I certainly could care less for the Dodgers. I don't even understand why this is in the football section. Now I won't go down the slippery slope which has to do w/ geography, but that question should have been taken into consideration before posting.
I am a Rams fan. Period.
Now to the want-to-be bandwagoneers....same thing as '99. I could care less if the public buys in. This is my team and I love conversing w/ my fellow (and gals...) Rams fans.
I realize a lot of you guys are just Ram fans, and that is what this forum is about. However, this is the city of Los Angeles being represented and so my question WAS germane to the Rams, as we try to build a fan base and more interest in our team. Lots of other entertainment choices in LA.

I suppose you can jump over this thread. I almost never click on the "Referee" threads, for example.

Sound like a plan?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The last time it happened was 1981. It might have been cliche' in 1982, but not in 2017.
LA vs NY will always be cliche....not limited to baseball.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I almost forgot: Go Yankees! :p
FUCK the Yankees with Dodger bats.

I haven’t seen Dodgers fans this excited about their team since they were Angels fans a couple years ago.
Most Dodger fans I know hardly know the Angels exist. They are still the CA Angels and always will be.

For the record I never rooted for the Angels unles they were playing the Yankees. And they need to take the LA off and go back to CA.
This^^^^

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And for those of you thinking we should choose between Dodgers and Rams? We have this strange capability you may not have heard of. We can do both. I know. Crazy eh?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And for those of you thinking we should choose between Dodgers and Rams? We have this strange capability you may not have heard of. We can do both. I know. Crazy eh?

That means you have to divert some of your Rams loyalty to the Dodgers. That's unacceptable.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I realize a lot of you guys are just Ram fans, and that is what this forum is about. However, this is the city of Los Angeles being represented and so my question WAS germane to the Rams, as we try to build a fan base and more interest in our team. Lots of other entertainment choices in LA.

I suppose you can jump over this thread. I almost never click on the "Referee" threads, for example.

Sound like a plan?
No. If you wanted to put this in "Other Sports forum...." great. This is a Rams site. Not an "LA" site. There are fans from across this globe here. Even most of those who are moderators are not from the SoCal. And this was put in "RAMS -NFL". Now if you do not understand the uniquiness of which group of officials from another.....well... I guess the "entertainment value" is more important than wins. This is all I am saying about it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If you read the article, it shows that even with this dip, it is still the 15th highest attendance figure in the history of baseball.

Oh.... and there's THIS of course:
Overall, seven clubs saw attendance over 3 million (Blue Jays, Yankees, Angels, Dodgers, Cardinals, Giants, and Cubs). No clubs saw attendance over 4 million. The Dodgers, once again, led the league in attendance with a total of 3,765,856 or an average of 46,492.

Must suck to average 46,492 over 82 freaking games! And being that it is about 60,000 better than last year, I don't see a real trend here.