Do you now, or have you ever lived in or around the city of St Louis?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Do you now, or have you ever lived in or near the city of St Louis?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Tell you what man. Back in my day when working in St. Louis/West County I met several good looking babes at work. Then they started talking with the accents and I was like wtf? I'm just not talking about a South St. Louis/County thing here either. Some of them were Jefferson County. Nothing against the accents, but that would have been hard to talk to and live with. :cool:
Oh we'll it sounds as if you may have encountered said Hoosiers.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I live about 7 hours southwest.

I went there many times on road trips, and I remember going up to the Arch many times and that floating McDonalds they used to have. I have a gigantic poster of that skyline, it's almost the same, but you can see old Busch stadium, hanging above my bed. Err, nevermind I see it in this pic too. It's the exact same poster lol.

And plus it's the first city where I see a sign for Tulsa on the way home.

I consider it the home I never lived in.

209RamsFan

Nope born in Mexico, raised in liberal California.....about 2hrs south-east of SF/Bay Area.

209RamsFan

I have been to StL for 1 game...not sure I could live where people smoke in restaurants.

SierraRam

Recreational User
I've never been to St. Louis, but one of my best friends was from there. He had leather lungs and loved the Cardinals. On more than one occasion during the mid to late 80's, he nearly got me killed at Candlestick Park by telling drunk Giant fans that Whitey Herzog was the greatest manager ever. Good times. Because of him, I know the reputation St. Louis has for having great fans isn't bullshit.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm a born and raised desert rat in Phx,AZ.
But...my family moved us out to a little town called Greenfield, MO in the summer of '81. Population 1,200 at that time i believe. It's about 40 miles NW of Springfield if my memory serves me right.
I was twelve years old and had a really hard time adjusting. There were other factors involved too, but about 10 months later we packed back up and moved back to Phx. Been here ever since.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Said yes even though I lived about 90 miles away I've spent a great deal of time there, two uncles had donut shops there ,one on Hampton, Chippewa and Lemay Ferry , they started Danny in the biz. Daughter lives in Indian Hills,Affton ,she lived on Jameson half a mile from Teds previously .

Actually Al, Farrato's Pizza was better.

Ex wife from Kirkwood ,so was at in laws house about half the weekends of the year ,her brother is still a best friend ,we partied while wife visited her mom.
Half my frat bros. from college were Aquinas grads , several South St Louis frat bros. as well and yeah the accent has sort of faded , was very pronounced back then but since the ethnic neighborhoods have homogenized the accents are less pronounced.

Best cinnamon bread ? Federhofer's
Both sisters lived there on Waterman in their 20's, hippy city .
If I spent any more time there they try to tax me:whistle:

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
I never lived there. I fly in for Rams games. Always have a good time. Always find something new to do each year while there.

Kohl420

UDFA
Name
Kohl
Pagliacci's Pizza I'll bet none of you remember them. Best Pizza I've ever tasted.
image.jpg

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The Webbe's were lawyers who worked for some of the shadier figures in STL and Vegas. Mob stuff I guess you'd call it.
My godfather was working on a primary election against the Webbe's. He was attacked by their thugs and had to be hospitalized.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I was born and raised in St. Louis. I lived in South City, near Bevo Mill until I went to med school when I was 23. I now live in RI. I super miss Ted Drewes, calling people hoosiers, toasted ravioli, gooey butter cake and White Castles.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
IMOS I WANT
I actually by a bunch of their pre-made frozen pizzas and have them shipped to me in Rhode Island. It's pretty damn expensive, but taste exactly like the real thing and is totally worth it when you're craving some St. Louis style pizza

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
The ultimate St Louis meal:

The Crossing's Blue cheese soufflé

Yen Ching's Sizzling Rice Soup

Cardwells calamari

Del Pietros house salad

Sydney Street's bread service

A White Barn cheeseburger

And a slice of baklava from Olympia (the sheet baklava, not that pinwheel crap that they try to pass off on you when you get it to go).

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
We don't have White Castle out here in so cal. Is it that good?

We do have In-n-Out. Five Guys is good as well.

White Castle is OK, but In-n-Out is the truth. (Five Guys is in STL too, pretty good burger)
Whenever we're in California visiting my wife's family we try and stop.

I've never been to an In-n-Out that wasn't jam packed no matter the time of the day we were there.