Do they sit or play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Glad to see McVay read my post this morning before his press conference. He’s a smart man...

Ellard80

Legend
I'm guessing goff and gurley play the 1st half and thats it.... but I can't really tell...

As far as people acting like its a great or smart move.. I've seen it work sometimes and I've seen it not work.. so I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
:puke:

That's a game I'll be skipping then. No interest in watching the Rams take a dive vs our most hated rival.
Mannion and our 2nd stringers can beat them and isn’t that even better knowing they not better then our 2nd stringers

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We responded well off the bye week. We looked energized. It’s the smart play all the way around, bravado aside. Rest ‘em. Get those 2s and 3s some playing time. Get our kicker some field goals, PATs. This is a get well luxury game not every team gets.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Odd..I just looked st the odds...Opened at Rams -7...Money must have poured in on the 9ers, it's now like -2.5...It must be brutal for Vegas to get it right this week, not knowing who might play and how long...

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Odd..I just looked st the odds...Opened at Rams -7...Money must have poured in on the 9ers, it's now like -2.5...It must be brutal for Vegas to get it right this week, not knowing who might play and how long...
Wow, never seen such a fast change

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
kind of ironic that in one sense we are talking sgain about how tanking affects draft position, but this time it is in regards to how this could hurt SF's draft position.

In the long run this could be helpful on multiple fronts if this keeps the Niners from getting Barkley, their version of Gurley, or keeping them from being in position to move up in the draft or move down and get a number of picks in return.

Right now Niners picking 7th, could drop to 11th or 12th with a win.

Obviously Rams are not thinking about that, but it is a reality on how this move could affect the future of the NFC West. Imagine if this would cost them their version of Gurley for the next 6-8 years.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
To me, it's the smart play.

Either direction has its drawbacks but health is paramount at this point.

Doesn't mean we can't win.

Agreed. Even with key guys out I am still going to watch the game and hope for a win.

And I am looking forward to seeing some other guys get some reps. Mannion for example... He hasn't gotten all that many snaps but I have to think the coaching they've gotten plus him being one smart dude equal him being able to play well in this scheme, and it's important to see it given the fact every team is always one injury away from the backup QB. Same with the OL at large, what with the coaching they've been getting I am hopeful they play well.

Heck Tavon might get a huge opportunity in Gurley's absence as well...

Excited about this game. It feels good to have one this late in the season that they don't need, with the playoff berth all sewn up. Gonna bask in it a bit and prepare myself mentally for next week... Been so long since we've had a sudden death playoff game that I probably need to do that. :eek:

Last edited:

Memphis Ram

Legend
:puke:

That's a game I'll be skipping then. No interest in watching the Rams take a dive vs our most hated rival.

Gee. For some reason, I'm just the opposite. With so many games with playoff implications being played at the same time, I'd probably be skipping around either way. But, now I'm really interested to see what guys like Sean Mannion, Josh Reynolds, Mike Thomas, Tavon Austin, Gerald Everett, Lance Dunbar, Justin Davis can do against the 49ers. And I really want to see what OTs Cornelius Lucas and Darrell Williams can do against a hungry 49er team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm so pissed. This is going to screw me over in my fantasy championship. Plus, I wanted Gurley to get 20 TDs and Goff to get 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs.

nighttrain

Legend
Agreed. Even with key guys out I am still going to watch the game and hope for a win.

And I am looking forward to seeing some other guys get some reps. Mannion for example... He hasn't gotten all that many snaps but I have to think the coaching they've gotten plus him being one smart dude equal him being able to play well in this scheme, and it's important to see it given the fact every team is always one injury away from the backup QB. Same with the OL at large, what with the coaching they've been getting I am hopeful they play well.

Heck Tavon might get a huge opportunity in Gurley's absence as well...

Excited about this game. It feels good to have one this late in the season that they don't need, with the playoff berth all sewn up. Gonna bask in it a bit and prepare myself mentally for next week... Been so long since we've had a sudden death playoff game that I probably need to do that. :eek:
wouldn't it be great if both Mannion and Tavon had great games and we were able to trade them both for a couple of 2nd rounders or even better a 1 and a 2 :mrburnsevil:
train

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
wouldn't it be great if both Mannion and Tavon had great games and we were able to trade them both for a couple of 2nd rounders or even better a 1 and a 2 :mrburnsevil:
train

I would like to keep Mannion. I'd hate to see where the rams would be withoit him if Goff gets hurt. Tavon can be replaced on the jet sweep by the same cooper who replaced him on returns so yeah see if a trade can happen.

I Definately want to beat the niners and if we can do while resting some people all the better. It may cost Gurley a bunch of incentive money so if I did rest him I'd give him part of it. Seems fair if sitting him robs him of a rushing title and MVP.

A55VA6

Legend
I'm so ticked. This is going to screw me over in my fantasy championship. Plus, I wanted Gurley to get 20 TDs and Goff to get 4000+ yards and 30+ TDs.
Week 17 fantasy championship? Damn that sucks. My league always does it week 16 because of this reason.

nighttrain

Legend
I would like to keep Mannion. I'd hate to see where the rams would be withoit him if Goff gets hurt. Tavon can be replaced on the jet sweep by the same cooper who replaced him on returns so yeah see if a trade can happen.

I Definately want to beat the niners and if we can do while resting some people all the better. It may cost Gurley a bunch of incentive money so if I did rest him I'd give him part of it. Seems fair if sitting him robs him of a rushing title and MVP.
Mannion replaceable in the draft, or even better, by Case:neener: or Bradford;) after Teddy comes back:cool:
train

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
If they actually draft someone they feel can do that before they trade Mannion then I'm ok with that but none of this, oh we'll just find someone in the draft stuff. It creates a potential scenario for overreaching and missing out on a better player at another position.

nighttrain

Legend
If they actually draft someone they feel can do that before they trade Mannion then I'm ok with that but none of this oh we'll just find someone in the draft stuff. It creates a potential scenario for overreaching and missing out on a better player at another position.
Does the bolded part make you think of McVay or Snead? SMH
train

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I agree for the most part on Mannion, at least for right now. But since McVay has taken over I've never really gotten a feel that he's a fit in the offense, what with his size and lack of mobility. This is why I felt them signing Allen might be more than just a typical 3rd QB type deal, because he is a nice WCO fit. Not knocking Mannion here, either, I do like him as a backup, but not sure whether he has a secure spot going into year 2 with this scheme and coaching staff.

Re: Tavon yes, I also agree Cooper can spell him and probably on most plays get more yards. What Coop won't get is the long TDs, but then again it's been so long since Tavon has I'm not sure that matters. I just trust Coop more. He's more secure with the ball, he's a smart player, he runs good routes, etc. I agree with @nighttrain that it'd be pretty cool if the Rams could find a way to trade Tavon, I'd take just about anything for him at this point.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Mannion replaceable in the draft, or even better, by Case:neener: or Bradford;) after Teddy comes back:cool:
train

Minnesota should have the most interesting qb situation next off season. I don't see any of them accepting the bench. They may have to trade 2 qbs and get a real backup.