Do they sit or play

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Question, if the Saints lose and Carolina wins, who has the tie breaker in a Rams/ Panters tie?

I assume us since they are both 7-4 In conference and we likely have better record in common opponent since the Rams beat the Saints, but they did beat the Vikings... just curious becauae that the has not been mentioned.

They keep placing the Rams in 3rd because of the the tie breakers the Rams have over the Saints and the tie breaker the Saints have over the Panthers.

I believe the Panthers would take the 3 in that case with a better conference record.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Question, if the Saints lose and Carolina wins, who has the tie breaker in a Rams/ Panters tie?

I assume us since they are both 7-4 In conference and we likely have better record in common opponent since the Rams beat the Saints, but they did beat the Vikings... just curious becauae that the has not been mentioned.

They keep placing the Rams in 3rd because of the the tie breakers the Rams have over the Saints and the tie breaker the Saints have over the Panthers.

Yes, Rams would have the common opponents tiebreaker. Minnesota is the only team on the Rams schedule Carolina has beat, and the Rams have knocked off New Orleans and SF on the Panthers schedule.

Win week 17 and the no 3 seed is ours no matter what NO and Car do.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The whiners will treat this like their Super Bowl. It is pretty much a meaningless game for us. I’d experiment with different personnel packages here like a preseason game. I’d rest the O line vets as much as possible to save their legs. I’d lean on my second and third string. I want to see more of Josh at receiver. As a coach, this is just a good time to learn about what you have in reserve. Put in Manion when Whit and Sully is out. If you lose the game (this is possible) the team doesn’t get down much because they knew starters were on very light duty. I’d start Gurley, though, and get Brown in there more to keep the MVP fresh. Have fun in this game and get our new kicker some game time action. Oh, and I’d let the defense go after Garappolo. All Day. Gotta keep that edge.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
I really see the rams treating this like an exhibition game. Especially if you’re playing backups on the o line. No reason to play Goff or Gurley. Cheap ass niners would like nothing more than for the rams to lose one of theirs stars

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
All Time record against San Fran right now is 65-68-3. We've got some ground to make up to take the lead.

As for playoff implications: I'm down with the pull 'em after halftime. I think McVay is going to want to give Shanny his best, at least for the first half of the game.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Well if it’s a fact that the 3 seed is on the line then of course they will play their starters, this could end up being very important unless you’d rather play the Saints in New Orleans

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I wouldn't have a problem with the 4 seed. Anyone we play in the first round is gonna be tough, so I don't see that making much difference. Plus, if we win we probably go to Philly. I'd rather play a Wentz-less Philly than Minny in round 2.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Kick the Ficken 49ers ass up and down the field in the first half and the starters can sit in the second half.

nfcwestchamps640.jpg

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Some thoughts on Wk16 & 17, the Playoff seeding and Rest:

Week 16 and the Playoffs & Seedings

1. Just being honest, the Rams only beat the 49ers by playing ALL the starters the entire game. This is their (the 49ers) superbowl-and we just came off of 3 huge physical and big games; 49ers hung 44 on the #1 Jags defense….which leads me to:
2.I would rather the Rams play the starters against the 49ers only 2 series on O and D and give everyone they can a rest.

3. I am ok with the Rams playing the Panthers instead of the Falcons or Seattle….and don’t care if we play the NFC Champ game in New Orleans. We will not get to the NFC champ with Donald, Brockers and Whit going they way they are going. Way too many snaps, and Whit is slowing down.

4. I do care that Donald, Brockers, Sully, Whit Gurley, TEs, Ogle, Tru Jo and Joyner have fresh legs for the first playoff game.

5. The Rams can beat the Vikings and Eagles, but only with ‘fresh’ legs. Both teams have great O and D lines….and that causes problems when you are beat up. ALSO, I would rather play the Eagles in the Divisional playoff, and then play the Vikings or Saints in the NFCC. So, if we are the #4 seed, I don’t care; but, I want rest!

6. The Saints scare me a bit, and the Panthers need to be ‘managed’, but we can beat them….but, we don’t get past maybe even the Falcons if we aren’t fresh. The Falcons have a very good defense (good corners, good interior rush guy). And no one on our roster ccan touch Julio Junes….Freeeman can run, the Falcons have some balance, and so the Faclons are our worst matchup---I think.

7. Troy Hill will be a huge liability in the playoffs in many ways. A fresh Donald and Quinn and Brockers can help immensely.

Week 17

8. Where was Ebukam yesterday???? Where they trying to make a ‘leading’ example of Barwin---by having him play all game….maybe I am wrong on the snap counts.

9. Gurley: wow….he may have done more than Faulk on those 1999-2003 Rams…really, fast, better inside runner; not the route runner, but how many slants did Faulk really catch….(not counting the 1999 Bears game).

10. Goff that throw to Kupp, and the catch wow and wow. Take that away and we don’t win, and we have to beat the 49ers---which right now looks to be a dog fight.

11.Barron is grat, but Littlelon looked good enough; is Barron coming back? Achilles??

12. The Rams didn’t get Woods or Watkins open down the field much..or at least we ain’t getting them the ball much…..worrisome for the playoffs….and the Titans were missing 2 of their top 3 cornes.

13. O line and Goff manged the excellent Titans pass rush and blitzes. The Rams are very smart team.

Last edited:

fearsomefour

Legend
Keeping in the mind the Rams were a Barron tackle away from likely losing to the Whiners in SF and SF has been hot behind Garoppolo this game is hardly a gimme.
But, playoffs are what matter now.
If there is something to be gained in seeding they you go for it, if not you rest your older players and guys that are a little dinged up.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I really don't care who the Rams play or where.

I just don't want the shitbirds in. Not because I don't think the Rams can beat them again, I just want their asses off my tv in January for once.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
is it throwback day , or have they already done that twice this year

Throwback-Jerseys-102615_600x360.jpg

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
9. Gurley: wow….he may have done more than Faulk on those 1999-2003 Rams…really, fast, better inside runner; not the route runner, but how many slants did Faulk really catch…

No freaking way Faulk doesn’t get ran down near midfield on the 80 yard TD

That is pretty much my one and only knock on Marshall, Gurley? we’re talking Eric Dickerson top end, tho I would maintain ED was just a little faster

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I really don't care who the Rams play or where.

I just don't want the shitbirds in. Not because I don't think the Rams can beat them again, I just want their asses off my tv in January for once.
You really think RW is ready to face AD, Quinn & Co. after being utterly violated?

Perhaps, but my guess would be he’s going to need a little more time

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Are some of yall fucking crazy? Give the 9ers a win? REST STARTERS? Who the fuck is giving the 9ers a game...ever??? Man, stomp this phenom into the turf for his first impression. This is always a huge game...ALWAYS.

So what to do??
Play to win baby...keep those engines warm....
Idk I rather play the panthers they don’t offer much besides an OK running game.
Panthers/Eagles/Vikes are the dangerous teams....Falcons and Seahawks still scare me...these are the playoffs...good defenses always are the teams to watch. Panthers and Vikes are the best two left defensively....then Eagle and Seahawks...and Falcons have some talent....but I'd rather play them wildcard week..not the Panthers...and Cam..in LA.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
No freaking way Faulk doesn’t get ran down near midfield on the 80 yard TD

That is pretty much my one and only knock on Marshall, Gurley? we’re talking Eric Dickerson top end, tho I would maintain ED was just a little faster
Faulk ran a 4.4 coming out of College, I believe....I thought he was skinny when he was on teh Colts in 1995.;
I thought he fattened up a bit by the time he was traded the Rams (bigger buttox, not botox)....in 1999 training camp and early in the seaseon he looked heavier....anyway, he was 5-10 heavier than his rookie year I believe.
By 2001 most of that 4.4 became 4.5 I think.

Faulk was a man's man on 3rd down and 1, which Gurley needs help with a bit...though I think the play calling and the line ain't helping any ( all the WRs are in the slot, and all 11 guys are up at the line...doesn't seem right)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
You really think RW is ready to face AD, Quinn & Co. after being utterly violated?

Perhaps, but my guess would be he’s going to need a little more time

Like I said it's not that I think the Rams can't whoop their ass again.

I just don't want to see them in the playoffs period. It's not the perfect 6 teams, but with the Eagles, Vikings, Rams, Saints, Panthers, Falcons you can't ask for anything better. No Dallas. No Green Bay. No New York Giants. No Arizona. No SF. It's finally something new and I love it. I don't want the shitbirds to have their shit this postseason.

Will be rooting my ass off for the Falcons next week. Fuck the shitchickens!!!

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Are some of yall freaking crazy? Give the 9ers a win? REST STARTERS? Who the freak is giving the 9ers a game...ever??? Man, stomp this phenom into the turf for his first impression. This is always a huge game...ALWAYS.

No doubt CHAMP!

No tap dancing and playing it safe. Finish 12-4 and DEFEND the #3 seed. This is a long time division rival and I'm tired of reading all the 49er hype on this great Rams forum.

As I said before, if we smack them around like we're capable of in the first half, the starters can ride the bench in the 3rd and 4th quarters.

giphy.gif

Stomp the Crap out of these Guys !!!!

news-556x312-112930-1514166498.jpg