Did they get too far out of control today?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ram Quixote said:
blackbart said:
Ram Quixote said:
The only group that lost control was the refs. They couldn't decide that a 4 on 1 required a penalty? When it was right in front of them?

Not throwing offsetting flags in the first seconds of the melee caused Long's ejection. Only throwing a flag on Long told Carolina the Rams were fair game.

And where was the taunting flag on Smith after his TD? He clearly pointed directly at Jenkins.

Refer to my post 30 minutes ago.

You control what you can and don't let the other stuff take you out of the game
I read it. It's immaterial to my post. The refs wimped out while Carolina retaliated (which has no business in football, yet they got away with it). If they throw offsetting flags on Quinn and one of the Panthers, it would have ended right there. The Rams and Long wouldn't have gotten out of control. That shyte last 3-4 minutes!! It was like a bunch of pre-teens seeing how far they could go, and the refs were bad parents not stopping it.

All the other stuff, not including the Smith/Jenkins business, would not have happened. This officiating team had better get a big black mark for their handling of it.

No doubt the refs did not handle things well

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Sleepy1711 said:
blackbart said:
quebecramfan said:
But yet these guys are allowed to taunt the other team and all is ok... It's the way they play I suppose. Did you even watch the game??

Yes I watched the game that has no bearing on what I am saying.

You rise above that kind of stuff to win versus getting caught up in what the other team is doing, what they are getting away with, how good or bad the referees are all factors you cannot control.

Keep your composure, execute, and point to the score board when you win. That is how you get the best of players like Smith and Newton.

No I think you need to stand up and kick their asses! I was getting tired of watching the Panthers, the ref's could've threw a few more flags on their sides, but nope.

:roll:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
IMO, you don't lose your head in a game and cost your team 15 yards. And then another 15 yards. And then another 15 yards. And then get yourself ejected. None of that helps your team. If you wanna throw down for a teammate, then crash their locker room after the game and beat the shit out of them there.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dunzCI9Jz9I[/youtube]

Janoris needs to keep his mouth shut about personal things.... he got his ass handed to him today

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The Rammer said:

Janoris needs to keep his mouth shut about personal things.... he got his ass handed to him today
Fuck that crybaby smith! I guarantee you he has said and done far worse than Jenkins

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Rabid Ram said:
The Rammer said:

Fuck that crybaby smith! I guarantee you he has said and done far worse than Jenkins
That might be true but he Ran Jenkins ass today like a prostitute

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
The Rammer said:
Rabid Ram said:
The Rammer said:

freak that crybaby smith! I guarantee you he has said and done far worse than Jenkins
That might be true but he Ran Jenkins ass today like a prostitute
Your right he did. That being said I don't see Jenkins talking smack to the press. No he knows he got beat and kept his mouth shut. While smith still running his mouth crying after the game

bluecoconuts

Legend
Steve Smith is a baby. He's an NFL player, deal with it.

In my opinion if the person is alive and not a little kid its they're fair game as long as you don't joke about death.

If you can't handle that, don't play football.

bluecoconuts said:
Steve Smith is a baby. He's an NFL player, deal with it.

In my opinion if the person is alive and not a little kid its they're fair game as long as you don't joke about death.

If you can't handle that, don't play football.

MODERATOR'S EDIT: Violated ROD Forum rules 1 and 7.

joeybittick

Rookie
V3 said:
CGI_Ram said:
At what point does the sloppy play catch up to Fisher? When does he stop getting a pass?

I'm not calling for his head... but he's the HC. This team has been out of control all season with penalties.

I've been saying that the media needs to press Fisher ever since the horrible loss to Dallas. He needs the tough questions more than ever now but the local media will never do it. Not just tough questions about the penalties. Everything. How can he let this team regress so much and still not have to answer for anything? I'm not calling for his head either but there are some serious issues that we all see yet they still do nothing about it. Some questions about accountability need to be asked as well.

I just want to say I love your sig. No matter how many times I watch it I still chuckle each time.

joeybittick

Rookie
quebecramfan said:
I don't think the rams lost their cool.... I think the panthers were allowed to to what they wanted. I've already seen this happen. The Stanley Cup final between the vancouver canucks and the boston bruins. The bruins realized what they could get away with because the refs failed to put their foot down at the beginning of the series... So they would taunt, provoke and goon their way to a Stanley Cup victory.

If you think backing up 1 of your teamates when he's getting mugged 4 on 1, sticking up for your quarterback when a guy is celebrating blatantly on ur sideline while the QB is in pain, seeing your teamates taking shots after the whistle when the refs are doing nothing about it and getting taunted for the whole game is a problem and a lack of discipline... then you are watching the wrong sport!! Your Pride must step in and tell others that this shit will not be tolerated. The Goddamn refs won't do it... Then I AS SURE AS HELL WILL!!!! That is what a team is....

THEY STICK TOGETHER AND BACK EACH OTHER UP!!!

I'm already sick of seeing everyone saying the rams lost their cool... You are getting pushed around and the refs aren't doing anything..... Then you take matters into your own hands and tell the league you can't mess with us!!

These players have each other's back and I respect that!!!

this pretty much sums up how I feel. I wanted Dahl to body slam the bitch for celebrating. No joke, I would have defended a body slam.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yes but lemme say this, we had a thread here where people were laughing about Dahl wailing on someone in a pile.

I didn't say so THEN cuz I knew I'd get shouted down, but I privately thought" looks like Suh"
Now we have this thread about Jenkins and Smith , this coach needs to fine the dog shit out of any player that got into this shit who the league doesn't and tell them all to figure out the objective of the game.
What Dahl did yesterday aught to earn him a suspension,and Maybe we need to reconsider the "WONDERLIC SCORES don't matter" meme.
We were stupid out of control and in retrospect I sorta think it might have been worth the refs. calling time out sending the teams to the bench huddling the coaches in the middle of the field and telling them a whole bunch of guys were goin to the locker room.

Then again the league talks out of two sides of its mouth about that too

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
Yes but lemme say this, we had a thread here where people were laughing about Dahl wailing on someone in a pile.
Yeah, but that wasn't a retaliatory strike or an instigation. That was him trying to punch a ball loose.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I'll say it again: the longer that scrum went on, it was inevitable someone was going to go over the line. And the only reason the refs didn't throw a flag early was because Carolina was the instigator.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ram Quixote said:
I'll say it again: the longer that scrum went on, it was inevitable someone was going to go over the line. And the only reason the refs didn't throw a flag early was because Carolina was the instigator.

So there is a conspiracy in the NFL against the Rams??

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
blackbart said:
Ram Quixote said:

No. But there is an intimidation factor regarding home teams, and this officiating team wimped out.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Yes, and I blame that squarely on the refs, they're the ones that are supposed to keep control, but the Panthers continued to push and shove the Rams around even right in front of the refs. It was obvious the Panthers knew that the refs weren't going to do a damn thing to them and were only going after the Rams. Can't blame the Rams players, they were defending themselves, if they didn't who knows how worse the Panthers would have gotten?

All that mess could have been avoided if they threw some laundry the Panthers way, if their pushing and shoving culminated in anything but reward for them, but it didn't and they just continued to goon it up after the whistle while the refs looked around stupidly wondering why this game was so out of control.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ram Quixote said:
No. But there is an intimidation factor regarding home teams, and this officiating team wimped out.[/quote]

Just wanted to get clarification on what you were saying.

I'm still not sure how some things did not draw flags, the cheap shots, late hits, whatever was going on with Quinn I'm sure they didn't like their QB getting blasted but I saw nothing cheap about what he was doing.

Seeing their DB raising his arms on the Rams sideline regardless of if Bradford was hurt that should have drawn a flag, especially after Long was tossed.

I agree the refs did a poor job but no team can control that. They have to rise above all that noise. Good teams can do that

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:
Yeah, but that wasn't a retaliatory strike or an instigation. That was him trying to punch a ball loose.
k , so ?
Far as I could see and tell from
the vid other people were taking hits and his actions yesterday were so over the top I can't see anyone WANTING to parse my post in his defense.

My POINT was and remains it depends whose Oxe how sums us are viewing' shit

I tell ya this if my team (wrestling) approached that shit the whole gym would be cleared double forfeits and ONCE AGAIN we see how the REAL REFS have no more control than the replacements

If the league doesn't sit Dahl for at least one game they are spineless, wait we KNEW THAT.

Long? I guess he said the wrong damned thing cuz he wasn't nearly the worst in that me-lee( cop lingo) :)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
I can't see anyone WANTING to parse my post in his defense.
I'm not. I was clarifying the actions in that video.