Did they get too far out of control today?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
quebecramfan said:
I don't think the rams lost their cool.... I think the panthers were allowed to to what they wanted. I've already seen this happen. The Stanley Cup final between the vancouver canucks and the boston bruins. The bruins realized what they could get away with because the refs failed to put their foot down at the beginning of the series... So they would taunt, provoke and goon their way to a Stanley Cup victory.

If you think backing up 1 of your teamates when he's getting mugged 4 on 1, sticking up for your quarterback when a guy is celebrating blatantly on ur sideline while the QB is in pain, seeing your teamates taking shots after the whistle when the refs are doing nothing about it and getting taunted for the whole game is a problem and a lack of discipline... then you are watching the wrong sport!! Your Pride must step in and tell others that this shyte will not be tolerated. The Goddamn refs won't do it... Then I AS SURE AS HELL WILL!!!! That is what a team is....

THEY STICK TOGETHER AND BACK EACH OTHER UP!!!

I'm already sick of seeing everyone saying the rams lost their cool... You are getting pushed around and the refs aren't doing anything..... Then you take matters into your own hands and tell the league you can't mess with us!!

These players have each other's back and I respect that!!!
I mean this in the most manly way it can be said - I love you man :lmao:
You typed what I was feeling. Out of control my azz. Carolina thought they were gonna bully this squad and we ain't havin it.
The only thing that got outta control was the score imo.

iced

quebecramfan said:
Did anyone actually see Long throw a punch?? I just saw the TV replays and didn't see much... Nothing worse than waht was going on with the 22 other players involved

I saw more of a punch from #77 on panthers on eugene sims, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF SEPARATING THE TWO, vs what i saw from long..and of course the former wasn't called

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
quebecramfan said:
Did anyone actually see Long throw a punch?? I just saw the TV replays and didn't see much... Nothing worse than waht was going on with the 22 other players involved

I didn't see him do anything... just assuming he did something clearly blatant b/c he was ejected.

iced

quebecramfan said:
I don't think the rams lost their cool.... I think the panthers were allowed to to what they wanted. I've already seen this happen. The Stanley Cup final between the vancouver canucks and the boston bruins. The bruins realized what they could get away with because the refs failed to put their foot down at the beginning of the series... So they would taunt, provoke and goon their way to a Stanley Cup victory.

If you think backing up 1 of your teamates when he's getting mugged 4 on 1, sticking up for your quarterback when a guy is celebrating blatantly on ur sideline while the QB is in pain, seeing your teamates taking shots after the whistle when the refs are doing nothing about it and getting taunted for the whole game is a problem and a lack of discipline... then you are watching the wrong sport!! Your Pride must step in and tell others that this shyte will not be tolerated. The Goddamn refs won't do it... Then I AS SURE AS HELL WILL!!!! That is what a team is....

I'm already sick of seeing everyone saying the rams lost their cool... You are getting pushed around and the refs aren't doing anything..... Then you take matters into your own hands and tell the league you can't mess with us!!

all the way with you dude

i will never count this as a loss in my book to the panthers - yea sure in the NFL and the record might dictate it, but as far as it goes for me and what actually happened on the field, fuck no...and to me anyone who objects: 1) didn't watch the game, 2)a panther homer, 3) doesn't know shit about football, or 4)the first 3 combined(Describes most panther fans from what i can tell)

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Guys. Wake up! We lost this game and the team was completely out of control.

The degree to which it was masculine is NOT what is at issue.

What is at issue is that our players actions were detrimental to the outcome of the game.

There are no moral victories in football, or war, or horseshoes.

quebecramfan

Rookie
OnceARam said:

What is at issue is that our players actions were detrimental to the outcome of the game.

And why was it that they were out of control?? Cause the refs let it happen. They should have beared down and given multiple fouls during the first scrum.... Instead, they let Carolina off the hook and they took advantage of that.

I agree with you that some actions were detrimental to the outcome of the game but sometimes you gotta put your foot down. These athletes are human beings and they do have emotions you know... and even thought some of the fan base does not not want to stick up for them... some of the players will.. no matter what.

No one is clamoring a moral victory here... but if there is a positive to pull out of this game it's that some players on this team care for one other and take it personally when one of ur friends and teamates get treated like shit and pushed around.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
quebecramfan said:
OnceARam said:

And why was it that they were out of control?? Cause the refs let it happen. They should have beared down and given multiple fouls during the first scrum.... Instead, they let Carolina off the hook and they took advantage of that.

I agree with you that some actions were detrimental to the outcome of the game but sometimes you gotta put your foot down. These athletes are human beings and they do have emotions you know... and even thought some of the fan base does not not want to stick up for them... some of the players will.. no matter what.

No one is clamoring a moral victory here... but if there is a positive to pull out of this game it's that some players on this team care for one other and take it personally when one of ur friends and teamates get treated like shyte and pushed around.

Yeah, I agree that its a good thing that they show some affinity for each other. I guess I'm just assuming that that's a given considering that these guys have shed blood, sweat and tears together over an extended period of time.

I disagree that you can blame the refs even though I agree that they were completely and utterly useless when it came to instilling some sort of order. (But in their defense if they get hit with a stray paw they're out of the count.) It comes down to individual accountability. These guys know better. They know they are on a stage and they know that ultimately they can't get away with anything. So they KNOW their actions are going to be detrimental to the team and to the outcome of the game.

Its about personal accountability at the individual level and that was lost today. I don't know what Long did, but it turned out to be detrimental to the team. He's the heart and soul of the defense (and possibly the entire team). He's not some young, dumb punk kid with behavioral issues. He should know better.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The NFL is not a bar fight where someone challenges you and you take it out back. It is not the NHL where fighting used to be allowed or even promoted.

Did Carolina get away with some questionable stuff yes. Does that mean you let your team lose its composure when you are down in a game you could come back and win. Hell no. You guys promoting this kind of silly bull shiat have too much testosterone, it is not a pissing match.

Having your teammates back is doable by keeping them in the game, by getting a shot at someone within the plays of the game. It is mostly done by controlling yourselves and winning the game.

Saying it is ok to take dumbshit penalties and lose a game is for losing organizations.

iced

blackbart said:
The NFL is not a bar fight where someone challenges you and you take it out back. It is not the NHL where fighting used to be allowed or even promoted.

Did Carolina get away with some questionable stuff yes. Does that mean you let your team lose its composure when you are down in a game you could come back and win. Hell no. You guys promoting this kind of silly bull shiat have too much testosterone, it is not a pissing match.

Having your teammates back is doable by keeping them in the game, by getting a shot at someone within the plays of the game. It is mostly done by controlling yourselves and winning the game.

Saying it is ok to take dumbshit penalties and lose a game is for losing organizations.

You expect guys to keep taking and keep taking bull shit and cheap shots, clear as day penalties but the refs don't call it for whatever reason. That just increases the frustration even more

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
iced said:
blackbart said:

You expect guys to keep taking and keep taking bull shyte and cheap shots, clear as day penalties but the refs don't call it for whatever reason. That just increases the frustration even more

I expect them to step up to the challenge, make plays and win without getting drawn in to the stupid crap the Panthers were doing.

quebecramfan

Rookie
OnceARam said:
quebecramfan said:
OnceARam said:

No one is clamoring a moral victory here... but if there is a positive to pull out of this game it's that some players on this team care for one other and take it personally when one of ur friends and teamates get treated like shyte and pushed around.

Yeah, I agree that its a good thing that they show some affinity for each other. I guess I'm just assuming that that's a given considering that these guys have shed blood, sweat and tears together over an extended period of time.

I disagree that you can blame the refs even though I agree that they were completely and utterly useless when it came to instilling some sort of order. (But in their defense if they get hit with a stray paw they're out of the count.) It comes down to individual accountability. These guys know better. They know they are on a stage and they know that ultimately they can't get away with anything. So they KNOW their actions are going to be detrimental to the team and to the outcome of the game.

Its about personal accountability at the individual level and that was lost today. I don't know what Long did, but it turned out to be detrimental to the team. He's the heart and soul of the defense (and possibly the entire team). He's not some young, dumb punk kid with behavioral issues. He should know better.

And neither is Steve Smith... but it seems alright that this guy can talk shit and shoot his mouth off, facemask Jenkins etc just because he is a vet. How did you like seeing Cam Newton dancing around after Long got ejected?? Aren't these guys supposed to be leaders?

I'm pretty sure if bradford (And I really hope he is okay) would have pulled a stunt like that it would have been a automatic 15 yards..

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
quebecramfan said:
OnceARam said:
quebecramfan said:
OnceARam said:

And neither is Steve Smith... but it seems alright that this guy can talk shyte and shoot his mouth off, facemask Jenkins etc just because he is a vet. How did you like seeing Cam Newton dancing around after Long got ejected?? Aren't these guys supposed to be leaders?

I'm pretty sure if bradford (And I really hope he is okay) would have pulled a stunt like that it would have been a automatic 15 yards..

The thing is going in to this game you know jackasses like Smith are going to do those things. The coaches probably even talked about it this week in preparation for the game. Good teams don't get pulled into those things.

quebecramfan

Rookie
But yet these guys are allowed to taunt the other team and all is ok... It's the way they play I suppose. Did you even watch the game??

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
quebecramfan said:
But yet these guys are allowed to taunt the other team and all is ok... It's the way they play I suppose. Did you even watch the game??

Yes I watched the game that has no bearing on what I am saying.

You rise above that kind of stuff to win versus getting caught up in what the other team is doing, what they are getting away with, how good or bad the referees are all factors you cannot control.

Keep your composure, execute, and point to the score board when you win. That is how you get the best of players like Smith and Newton.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
blackbart said:
quebecramfan said:

You rise above that kind of stuff to win versus getting caught up in what the other team is doing, what they are getting away with, how good or bad the referees are all factors you cannot control.

Keep your composure, execute, and point to the score board when you win. That is how you get the best of players like Smith and Newton.

"Keep your composure, execute, and point to the score board when you win. "

+1

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
The only group that lost control was the refs. They couldn't decide that a 4 on 1 required a penalty? When it was right in front of them?

Not throwing offsetting flags in the first seconds of the melee caused Long's ejection. Only throwing a flag on Long told Carolina the Rams were fair game.

And where was the taunting flag on Smith after his TD? He clearly pointed directly at Jenkins.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Ram Quixote said:
The only group that lost control was the refs. They couldn't decide that a 4 on 1 required a penalty? When it was right in front of them?

Not throwing offsetting flags in the first seconds of the melee caused Long's ejection. Only throwing a flag on Long told Carolina the Rams were fair game.

And where was the taunting flag on Smith after his TD? He clearly pointed directly at Jenkins.

Refer to my post 30 minutes ago.

You control what you can and don't let the other stuff take you out of the game

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
blackbart said:
Ram Quixote said:

Refer to my post 30 minutes ago.

You control what you can and don't let the other stuff take you out of the game
I read it. It's immaterial to my post. The refs wimped out while Carolina retaliated (which has no business in football, yet they got away with it). If they throw offsetting flags on Quinn and one of the Panthers, it would have ended right there. The Rams and Long wouldn't have gotten out of control. That shit last 3-4 minutes!! It was like a bunch of pre-teens seeing how far they could go, and the refs were bad parents not stopping it.

All the other stuff, not including the Smith/Jenkins business, would not have happened. This officiating team had better get a big black mark for their handling of it.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
quebecramfan said:

Amen to that!

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
blackbart said:
quebecramfan said:

No I think you need to stand up and kick their asses! I was getting tired of watching the Panthers, the ref's could've threw a few more flags on their sides, but nope.