Did they get too far out of control today?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Again with the bad penalties and bad timing but then how did things escalate into fighting nearly every play in the second half? The is a difference between playing with an edge and just being out of control. Long throwing a punch really??? Jenkins not having discipline when going against old azz Steve Smith and getting burned for a TD, play after play where the refs are having to jump in when they needed every second to try to come back.

The drops, the penalties and letting the players deteriorate to that mess?? Ugly day for the Rams

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
At what point does the sloppy play catch up to Fisher? When does he stop getting a pass?

I'm not calling for his head... but he's the HC. This team has been out of control all season with penalties.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
CGI_Ram said:
At what point does the sloppy play catch up to Fisher? When does he stop getting a pass?

I'm not calling for his head... but he's the HC. This team has been out of control all season with penalties.
I have not been giving him any passes this season.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Stranger said:
CGI_Ram said:

I am talking about the St. Louis media and the masses.

Everyone loves Fisher. And... I'm still a Fisher guy. But, this is outta control.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CGI_Ram said:
Stranger said:
CGI_Ram said:

I am talking about the St. Louis media and the masses.

Everyone loves Fisher. And... I'm still a Fisher guy. But, this is outta control.

I thought after Long got tossed he would have pulled everyone together and laid down the law. They needed discipline, execution and every second to have a chance to win.

Instead they just keep giving it away and it showed. No composure, no defensive stops, plays breaking down on offense and Bradford ends up hurt.

Their season is done.

Slappy967

Starter
After the game Richie Incognito called Les Snead and asked for his job back after he was impressed by the amount of personal fouls we had today.

V3

Hall of Fame
CGI_Ram said:

I've been saying that the media needs to press Fisher ever since the horrible loss to Dallas. He needs the tough questions more than ever now but the local media will never do it. Not just tough questions about the penalties. Everything. How can he let this team regress so much and still not have to answer for anything? I'm not calling for his head either but there are some serious issues that we all see yet they still do nothing about it. Some questions about accountability need to be asked as well.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
V3 said:
CGI_Ram said:

I've been saying that the media needs to press Fisher ever since the horrible loss to Dallas. He needs the tough questions more than ever now but the local media will never do it. Not just tough questions about the penalties. Everything. How can he let this team regress so much and still not have to answer for anything? I'm not calling for his head either but there are some serious issues that we all see yet they still do nothing about it. Some questions about accountability need to be asked as well.

I thought Bernie was right on the mark calling him out after the Dallas game.

I think Fisher is the right guy for this situation but this team has been so bad for so long it will take years to be anything but a long shot and they can't afford another season ending injury to Bradford.

After what happened today though I wonder what Fisher was thinking in that second half. Too many injuries to an already limited roster???

quebecramfan

Rookie
I don't think the rams lost their cool.... I think the panthers were allowed to to what they wanted. I've already seen this happen. The Stanley Cup final between the vancouver canucks and the boston bruins. The bruins realized what they could get away with because the refs failed to put their foot down at the beginning of the series... So they would taunt, provoke and goon their way to a Stanley Cup victory.

If you think backing up 1 of your teamates when he's getting mugged 4 on 1, sticking up for your quarterback when a guy is celebrating blatantly on ur sideline while the QB is in pain, seeing your teamates taking shots after the whistle when the refs are doing nothing about it and getting taunted for the whole game is a problem and a lack of discipline... then you are watching the wrong sport!! Your Pride must step in and tell others that this shit will not be tolerated. The Goddamn refs won't do it... Then I AS SURE AS HELL WILL!!!! That is what a team is....

THEY STICK TOGETHER AND BACK EACH OTHER UP!!!

I'm already sick of seeing everyone saying the rams lost their cool... You are getting pushed around and the refs aren't doing anything..... Then you take matters into your own hands and tell the league you can't mess with us!!

These players have each other's back and I respect that!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
quebecramfan said:
I'm already sick of seeing everyone saying the rams lost their cool... You are getting pushed around and the refs aren't doing anything..... Then you take matters into your own hands and tell the league you can't mess with us!!

I'm with you on that my northern neighbour.

I think my frustration is more about the penalties as a whole. The spice in this game is just another heap upon the pile.

iced

on one hand the players should have kept their cool...

on the other hand, the logical side of me understands why they were pissed - the panthers were getting away with a ton of bull shit and there wasn't any calls against them....a man will only take so much...

one of our guys getting pushed/hit in the face in front of the ref, while the ref was already in the middle separating, and no call, was enough for me... refs were a joke, so inconsistent and looked extremely lop sided

not to mention 4 panthers attacking quinn, long comes to the defense, and he gets ejected...even on the post game i heard jimmy johnson say "and you eject long for that? you gotta be kidding me!"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
iced said:

on the other had, the logical side of me understands why they were pissed - the panthers were getting away with a ton of bull shyte and there weren't any calls....

one of our guys getting pushed/hit in the face in front of the ref, while the ref was already in the middle separating, and no call, was enough for me... refs were a joke, so inconsistent and looked extremely lop sided

First: the Rams themselves lost this game.

Second; I agree. Worst officiating I've seen in a long time.

iced

CGI_Ram said:
iced said:

on the other had, the logical side of me understands why they were pissed - the panthers were getting away with a ton of bull shyte and there weren't any calls....

First: the Rams themselves lost this game.

Second; I agree. Worst officiating I've seen in a long time.

lol beat me to the edit

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
blackbart said:
Again with the bad penalties and bad timing but then how did things escalate into fighting nearly every play in the second half? The is a difference between playing with an edge and just being out of control. Long throwing a punch really??? Jenkins not having discipline when going against old azz Steve Smith and getting burned for a TD, play after play where the refs are having to jump in when they needed every second to try to come back.

The drops, the penalties and letting the players deteriorate to that mess?? Ugly day for the Rams

Yes, the line was crossed. But that's on the players. They're professionals.

I still don't understand what the hell happened though.

quebecramfan

Rookie
And 1 more thing... we better change the banner at the top if we think the Rams lost their cool today... if we got pride then we live and die by that pride... If it cost a win than so be it

Turning the other cheek only goes so far... You guys see steve smith today?? You guys would stand there and take that?? Not on my watch that is for sure!!!

There.... my rant is done all!!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
quebecramfan said:
I don't think the rams lost their cool.... I think the panthers were allowed to to what they wanted. I've already seen this happen. The Stanley Cup final between the vancouver canucks and the boston bruins. The bruins realized what they could get away with because the refs failed to put their foot down at the beginning of the series... So they would taunt, provoke and goon their way to a Stanley Cup victory.

If you think backing up 1 of your teamates when he's getting mugged 4 on 1, sticking up for your quarterback when a guy is celebrating blatantly on ur sideline while the QB is in pain, seeing your teamates taking shots after the whistle when the refs are doing nothing about it and getting taunted for the whole game is a problem and a lack of discipline... then you are watching the wrong sport!! Your Pride must step in and tell others that this shit will not be tolerated. The Goddamn refs won't do it... Then I AS SURE AS HELL WILL!!!! That is what a team is....

THEY STICK TOGETHER AND BACK EACH OTHER UP!!!

i would have had no problem if Dahl would have decked that Carolina player who was involved the the Bradford injury play.

The NFL is so freaking corrupt. We've got NBA-type officiating now under commadant Goodell

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
quebecramfan said:
And 1 more thing... we better change the banner at the top if we think the Rams lost their cool today... if we got pride then we live and die by that pride... If it cost a win than so be it

Turning the other cheek only goes so far... You guys see steve smith today?? You guys would stand there and take that?? Not on my watch that is for sure!!!

There.... my rant is done all!!

Yes, but there are ways to do it without getting thrown out of the game. Like between the whistles (or close to the whistles). And I'm talking about Long specifically. Him running up and throwing a wild punch was stupid. And I use the word stupid b/c he is supposed to be a leader on this team. And a leader does NOT do things to HURT THE TEAM.

Dahl on the other hand could have gone further.

Yes, double standard.

quebecramfan

Rookie
Did anyone actually see Long throw a punch?? I just saw the TV replays and didn't see much... Nothing worse than waht was going on with the 22 other players involved