Did Inglewood cook its books to lure the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Im trying to hang in there, as of now no I don't hate the team. Now Kroenke and Demoff that's a different story....

There are plenty of fans that dislike ownership and management. It's OK to do that. Georgia wasn't well liked either, Snyder, Jones, Schott, Modell, Sterling.........every sport has them.

Hang in there, don't hate the team because of a couple of turds. It's the Rams, not the Kroenkes or Demoffs.

EDIT.........

For fun I did a Google search very quickly and ran across the top 10 most hated owners.
Sterling, McCourt, Davis, Brown and others among others.

Georgia was ranked #7. In 2014. She died in 2008. You know the hate was strong.

http://www.realclearsports.com/lists/top_10_despised_owners/georgia_frontiere_rams.html?state=stop

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I freaking hate everything LA...
HEY!
images

Georgia wasn't well liked either
I hated Georgia.....and I bet she killed Rosenbloom....
Georgia was ranked #7. In 2014. She died in 2008. You know the hate was strong.
yeah it is....
images

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
HEY!
images

yeah it is....
images

Back when the Rams Huddle was a viable board I used to post there a lot. A few of us, including our late dear friend Thor used to poat there. When she passed away there was a mixed bag of emotions and a surprising amount of forgiveness that I simply couldn't understand. I could understand saying nothing about her but I simply coudn't understand how anyone could possibly be a fan of that woman.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Im trying to hang in there, as of now no I don't hate the team. Now Kroenke and Demoff that's a different story....
Yeah... That's the thing. We give a lot of latitude because of the move and all. It's just not a good idea to call out an entire city where our team now plays. No one says you have to like the owners and I appreciate you trying to hang on as a Ram fan. Just please don't continue with the other mantra.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
How can you sue, if you're fired during the probationary period? I thought you could be fired for almost anything...no questions asked...

Most jobs I've had have been at will employment and you can be terminated at any time for no reason at all. They say it's that way where I work now but we are union, you cant even be fired for stealing.

Just another disgruntled former employee that wants to sue because she feels it was her employers fault she didnt make it past probation.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I don't think the city could legally fire her for reporting unlawful conduct.

They cannot fire her for whistle blowing, but they can fire her for failure to perform her job.

DenverRam

Starter
why is it everyone seeks to discredit whistle blowers in this country? When did it become a bad thing? It used to be prized.

Hell no wonder, our government gets away with treating them the way they do... The way i look at it, Americans have no right to complain about corruption in government, if they seek to discredit whistle blowers without hesitation just so their city doesn't end up looking bad. I would be proud that someone from my city would come out with this, if they were doing this in CO with my money.

not one word about how they are using asset forfeiture to pay off expenses and manipulate stats and taxpayer money.... just "this lady wants to get paid because she sucked at her job".

Kind of ridiculous. She could be making all this up yea.... but don't you think we could wait and actually see before trashing her?

Last edited:

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
HEY!
images

yeah it is....
images

She must have been screwing a lot of men in high places to never even be charged in his murder.

Ok, I need to move on, hate that bitch.

bbach

UDFA

I'll add Fisher and Snead to make the new fearsome foursome of hatred. I'm really hoping once the season starts I'll still be able to cheer for the Rams uniforms.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
why is it everyone seeks to discredit whistle blowers in this country? When did it become a bad thing? It used to be prized.

Hell no wonder, our government gets away with treating them the way they do... The way i look at it, Americans have no right to complain about corruption in government, if they seek to discredit whistle blowers without hesitation just so their city doesn't end up looking bad. I would be proud that someone from my city would come out with this, if they were doing this in CO with my money.

not one word about how they are using asset forfeiture to pay off expenses and manipulate stats and taxpayer money.... just "this lady wants to get paid because she sucked at her job".

Kind of ridiculous. She could be making all this up yea.... but don't you think we could wait and actually see before trashing her?
Pretty much to be expected in this case. But really, if you want everyone to wait until later to dis her story, you would only be accepting of those who agree or none at all - no?

Whistle blowers are often times given more credit than they deserve. I agree that you want people coming forward if this stuff is true but people like Florio trying to make it true before Butts gets his day in court also is at least as bad. She is the one putting up accusations. I believe it is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

As to the at will employment issue - generally speaking, retaliation has a low burden of proof and if she can demonstrate it even slightly, she will likely win that aspect whether the accusations are true or not. Firing someone for rocking the boat is generally not accepted as a no cause firing if the employee has proof that she was fired for questioning legitimate practices.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Pretty much to be expected in this case. But really, if you want everyone to wait until later to dis her story, you would only be accepting of those who agree or none at all - no?

Whistle blowers are often times given more credit than they deserve. I agree that you want people coming forward if this stuff is true but people like Florio trying to make it true before Butts gets his day in court also is at least as bad. She is the one putting up accusations. I believe it is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

As to the at will employment issue - generally speaking, retaliation has a low burden of proof and if she can demonstrate it even slightly, she will likely win that aspect whether the accusations are true or not. Firing someone for rocking the boat is generally not accepted as a no cause firing if the employee has proof that she was fired for questioning legitimate practices.

In an at will state she will have to have some evidence, it can't be he said-she said. She would have to have more than a couple of people say they witnessed this or emails, texts or something tangible. Otherwise this type of allegation would be rampant.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In an at will state she will have to have some evidence, it can't be he said-she said. She would have to have more than a couple of people say they witnessed this or emails, texts or something tangible. Otherwise this type of allegation would be rampant.
Yep. And it would likely have to be in the form of documentation ala text or email, etc... even witnesses are shaky. BTW - I meant to say has NO proof.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They cannot fire her for whistle blowing, but they can fire her for failure to perform her job.

Nobody is saying they can't. But if she gets fired after reporting unlawful conduct, you've got yourself a situation where the motive for the firing is very questionable. It's not like most employers are dumb enough to say, "We're firing you for reporting the unlawful conduct we're participating in up the chain."

tonyl711

Starter
She must have been screwing a lot of men in high places to never even be charged in his murder.

Ok, I need to move on, hate that bitch.
saying anything bad about Kroenke is Taboo around here, why dont we give a dead woman the same? if i were to say Kroenke must give good head i would hear about it.

Ram65

Legend

I'm not sure if it would have made a difference (if true) for the city getting the Rams. I'm with you about waiting to see before trashing her or anyone in the local government. Nothing would surprise me when it comes to big money. Seems like greed is almost everywhere.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
saying anything bad about Kroenke is Taboo around here, why dont we give a dead woman the same? if i were to say Kroenke must give good head i would hear about it.
The difference is Kroenke and Demoff are alive and relevant right now.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
The difference is Kroenke and Demoff are alive and relevant right now.
That's a poor excuse. If Kroenke passed away I can guarantee you talking bad about him would not be tolerated even 5 years from now. It's all in bad taste. It isn't like Georgolia sold the team and then passed away years later. If not for her passing she would still be the owner of this team and talking down on her should be frowned upon just the same.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's a poor excuse. If Kroenke passed away I can guarantee you talking bad about him would not be tolerated even 5 years from now. It's all in bad taste. It isn't like Georgolia sold the team and then passed away years later. If not for her passing she would still be the owner of this team and talking down on her should be frowned upon just the same.

8ebe1b9e5757de97b92da5555acfe8fd.jpg

People take pot shots and Kroenke and Georgia all the time. If you see somebody doing it either report them or ignore them or tell them to stop. Saying excessively negative things about current Rams players, coaches or front office people is what the mods generally frown upon. Former players and personnel have generally been open to criticism I thought. For instance I'll talk smack about Leonard Little and Lawrence Phillips for being scumbag murderers (though Georgia allegedly could fit in that group with them).

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
So if any of this is found to be true, will that alter the relocation plans or the stadium build?

I think not. So why the worry?

Let her have her day in court and see what becomes of this. Retaliation firing? If proven good for her. Public officials skimming money from one account to another? Hang'em high! Well not really but just deserts should be served.