Did Inglewood cook its books to lure the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DenverRam

Starter
Pretty much to be expected in this case. But really, if you want everyone to wait until later to dis her story, you would only be accepting of those who agree or none at all - no?

Whistle blowers are often times given more credit than they deserve. I agree that you want people coming forward if this stuff is true but people like Florio trying to make it true before Butts gets his day in court also is at least as bad. She is the one putting up accusations. I believe it is supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

As to the at will employment issue - generally speaking, retaliation has a low burden of proof and if she can demonstrate it even slightly, she will likely win that aspect whether the accusations are true or not. Firing someone for rocking the boat is generally not accepted as a no cause firing if the employee has proof that she was fired for questioning legitimate practices.
i dont agree with trying to character assassinate her, which is often used against every single whistle blower/ reporter in history.

Gary Webb, Snowden, etc

Its a tactic that is widely used by corrupt governments to discredit leaks so the narrative becomes about the person, instead of the information being released. Especially when the whole ordeal becomes public.

The information should be what is questioned, not the character of the person. As any person has problems, and for future whisteblowers to see character assassination used, then they automatically question if leaking so and so, is such a good idea after all. Take Snowden for example. Kid was raised as a patriot who worked at the CIA starting at age 22, and 8 years later, he went to russia and became a traitor! When it was our very gov, who revoked his passport in the Russian airport, effectively marooning him there, to use against his character.

Saying she did not do her job well, or is just trying to get paid, is pretty much character assassination. Now this could all be possibly true, she could be just an ex worker with a gripe, but lets let the evidence show that.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
I should probably stick to my original thought of staying out of this thread because of many reasons but oh well...

First off, not sure how whistle blowing on people misusing appropriated funds will give her a "payday"? Not like this is going to be a big scandal that warrants a tell all book or movie rights later on even if it is proven that she's right. It would just get some minor city employees fired and that's about it. Not like it's going to send the team back to St. Louis or anything.

Which comes to the second point, this doesn't really have anything to do with the Rams. Just has to do with Ingelwood using shady accounting to make the books look better than what they are. Frankly, with as dead set as Kroenke was from the moment he mentally jerked off to the current stadium spot that fateful morning he saw it and called Demoff up to let him know he found his place it was going to happen no matter how good of an offer St. Louis came up with and no matter how shitty Ingelwood looked to him cause he had his spot. So if they did switch a few numbers between some T accounts on their books they are idiots because they committed fraud for no reason.

So in the end, if it is true... the people that did it are just morons.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
i dont agree with trying to character assassinate her, which is often used against every single whistle blower/ reporter in history.

Gary Webb, Snowden, etc

Its a tactic that is widely used by corrupt governments to discredit leaks so the narrative becomes about the person, instead of the information being released. Especially when the whole ordeal becomes public.

The information should be what is questioned, not the character of the person. As any person has problems, and for future whisteblowers to see character assassination used, then they automatically question if leaking so and so, is such a good idea after all. Take Snowden for example. Kid was raised as a patriot who worked at the CIA starting at age 22, and 8 years later, he went to russia and became a traitor! When it was our very gov, who revoked his passport in the Russian airport, effectively marooning him there, to use against his character.

Saying she did not do her job well, or is just trying to get paid, is pretty much character assassination. Now this could all be possibly true, she could be just an ex worker with a gripe, but lets let the evidence show that.
And those assuming Butts did what she alleges just because she says so is assassinating his character as well. That is all I am saying. It seems to me there should be equal weight is all. I don't dismiss her allegations as being merely thrown by a disgruntled employee. Could be. I have woefully little trust in politicians so it is actually mostly the opposite direction that I lean.

@Psycho_X in a wrongful termination suit, there generally are monitary damages awarded to the fired employee. I agree with the rest of what you said. It doesn't really appear to have much to do with the Rams and if they cooked the books out of some thought it would help tilt the Rams in their favor, it was a dumb move. I can however see them doing it to help sway the other NFL owners.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
saying anything bad about Kroenke is Taboo around here, why dont we give a dead woman the same? if i were to say Kroenke must give good head i would hear about it.
Saying disparaging things about CURRENT members of the Rams organization is taboo around here. It's really pretty simple.