Did Foles stink it up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You assume the hit from behind wasn't the cause. I don't. I also refuse to assume he just threw it to a GB player for shits and giggles. He's simply not that inaccurate. Cook stopped after the pass was in the air. If he keeps going, the ball is dead on target. Cook is a big guy and a tall guy, his job is to catch that ball in traffic. If Foles has to take a sack every time Cook is open just because defenders are around, it's going to be a long season.

I'm tired of going along in circles. He hit a CB in the gut with the ball. The CB was standing there the whole time. If Cook had kept running, he would have been triple covered. I don't care what justifications are made. Foles fucked up. That's it.

I didn't know you were tight with Austin. What did he say?

He said that he had separation on his route, Foles missed the zone defender dropping under it, and got picked off when he thought he had a TD. Or the film said that...very clearly.

Um, what? Britt deep was Foles' fault? Seriously? While he was getting double speared DURING the release? Dude...come on. If that's not the o-line, then we don't even need an o-line, we can just blame Foles every pass.

Yep. And I made it 100% clear why that is when I explained it. Foles could have gotten the ball out quickly but decided to go for the big play. He's at fault for not making the throw.

You don't get to pawn this one off on the OL. If Foles had chosen to throw to Austin, it would have been a first down completion with the potential for more. He chose to hold the ball and wait for Britt's route to develop. That falls on him.

Foles is not extreamly accurate deep. We all knew that. It's suppossed to not be an issue because we have tall physical receivers. Why we send our shortest receiver out for a jump ball is beyond me. Might as well go back to running it up the gut. But the REALITY that you want to ignore is that, if not very well defended, TA catches that ball all day. Was it a perfect pass? Nope. It was slightly underthrown. Can we expect every deep pass to be perfect. Nope.

Yet you expect the protection to be perfect or else you blame the OL. We didn't send Austin out there for a jump ball. That should tell you why it was a bad throw.

And no, that's not reality. That's your biased opinion. The ball was only defended because Foles under-threw it and let Shields make a play on it.

Brian Quick's (and Britt's) role in that pass is to fight for the ball. If it's not, we should never make that pass again. Foles throws to a SPOT and Quick goes and gets it.

You're right. Foles throws to a spot. He didn't throw to the right spot.

I don't. I think he did everything he could under terrible circumstances.

I wish this justification applied to every other player on the offense. But it only seems to apply to Foles. You're not arguing that Brian Quick's 1 drop should be ignored because of the QB struggling with his accuracy and the OL's inability to pass block. You're not arguing that Greg Robinson's poor performance should be ignored because the OL around him stunk and the WRs weren't getting open. The only player you seem to be willing to throw every other member (except Gurley) of the offense under the bus for is Nick Foles. Does that seem fair to you?

It was clear they had a RB that was kicking their asses. It was clear they couldn't trust the pass protection, obviously. You just completely fabricated the idea that they lost trust in Foles.

Yet, you have no issues claiming they couldn't trust the OL. I fabricated my "idea" based on my observations of the play-calling but your observation that it was ENTIRELY the pass protection that couldn't be trusted isn't fabricated. Difference is that when you run the ball, you still are relying on your OL. So the OL was going to be relied on no matter what. Which seems odd to me that they'd take the ball out of Foles's hands if he wasn't at all the problem.

And don't spin this as me putting all the blame on Foles. I'd rather not have to defend that strawman.

It was a great play. And a bad decision by AR. And no, Johnson was 3 yards off the receiver, not 6-7 when AR threw the ball. If Foles throws that ball, you would blame him.

No, I wouldn't. Kind of like how I didn't blame him for the Bailey INT.

Johnson was giving a 6-7 yard cushion at the snap. That's when you make your read for a quick hitter like a hitch route. Johnson squatted on it and made an amazing play. Odd that you'd throw Rodgers under the bus here when you're defending far worse plays by Foles.

Yes, I in fact did make it up. I watched the game and counted. That ball is thrown to a spot, not a receiver. It's Quicks job to catch it, not Foles. Why are you ignoring that fact? Just to pin it on Foles? Come on dude.

It's Quick's job to catch it. It's Foles's job to throw it to the right spot. It's Sam Shields's job to defend it. Quick caught the ball...Shields defended it. It ended up an incomplete pass. Because Foles didn't throw it to the spot it needed to be put in so Quick could high-point the ball and keep it away from Shields.

Yep. 20%. I don't count dropped balls against him. I don't count blindside hits or hits from behind that cause errant throws. I give credit for all the plays he threw away the ball or took the sack. I also give credit for being a badass and getting up every hit to carry on.

I guess it's easy to deflect almost all the blame when you don't blame him for almost any of his negative plays and give him credit for neutral plays. That's not the way I evaluate players.

Remember that fingertip push pass to TA for the TD? Nice. All the clean handoffs and pitches? Sweet. The passes that would have kept us in this game that were dropped? Hope he keeps that up. The nine points we didn't get? Not his fault.

So now Foles is getting credit for handing the ball off? And that counts the Austin TD. So you want to deflect the blame away on all those plays but you're going to credit the guy on plays where he essentially did nothing? That doesn't seem objective at all.

As far as the 9 points go, the three FGs that were missed (one was blocked) were from 50 yards (blocked), 53 yards, and 63 yards. After all the blame deflecting for Foles, you really going to put all that blame on Zuerlein when the team couldn't get him closer than that?

How about the fact that Zuerlein's 53 yard miss came right after Foles threw that inaccurate third down pass to Bailey?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm tired of going along in circles. He hit a CB in the gut with the ball. The CB was standing there the whole time. If Cook had kept running, he would have been triple covered. I don't care what justifications are made. Foles freaked up. That's it.

He said that he had separation on his route, Foles missed the zone defender dropping under it, and got picked off when he thought he had a TD. Or the film said that...very clearly.

Yep. And I made it 100% clear why that is when I explained it. Foles could have gotten the ball out quickly but decided to go for the big play. He's at fault for not making the throw.

You don't get to pawn this one off on the OL. If Foles had chosen to throw to Austin, it would have been a first down completion with the potential for more. He chose to hold the ball and wait for Britt's route to develop. That falls on him.

Yet you expect the protection to be perfect or else you blame the OL. We didn't send Austin out there for a jump ball. That should tell you why it was a bad throw.

And no, that's not reality. That's your biased opinion. The ball was only defended because Foles under-threw it and let Shields make a play on it.

You're right. Foles throws to a spot. He didn't throw to the right spot.

I wish this justification applied to every other player on the offense. But it only seems to apply to Foles. You're not arguing that Brian Quick's 1 drop should be ignored because of the QB struggling with his accuracy and the OL's inability to pass block. You're not arguing that Greg Robinson's poor performance should be ignored because the OL around him stunk and the WRs weren't getting open. The only player you seem to be willing to throw every other member (except Gurley) of the offense under the bus for is Nick Foles. Does that seem fair to you?

Yet, you have no issues claiming they couldn't trust the OL. I fabricated my "idea" based on my observations of the play-calling but your observation that it was ENTIRELY the pass protection that couldn't be trusted isn't fabricated. Difference is that when you run the ball, you still are relying on your OL. So the OL was going to be relied on no matter what. Which seems odd to me that they'd take the ball out of Foles's hands if he wasn't at all the problem.

And don't spin this as me putting all the blame on Foles. I'd rather not have to defend that strawman.

No, I wouldn't. Kind of like how I didn't blame him for the Bailey INT.

Johnson was giving a 6-7 yard cushion at the snap. That's when you make your read for a quick hitter like a hitch route. Johnson squatted on it and made an amazing play. Odd that you'd throw Rodgers under the bus here when you're defending far worse plays by Foles.

It's Quick's job to catch it. It's Foles's job to throw it to the right spot. It's Sam Shields's job to defend it. Quick caught the ball...Shields defended it. It ended up an incomplete pass. Because Foles didn't throw it to the spot it needed to be put in so Quick could high-point the ball and keep it away from Shields.

I guess it's easy to deflect almost all the blame when you don't blame him for almost any of his negative plays and give him credit for neutral plays. That's not the way I evaluate players.

So now Foles is getting credit for handing the ball off? And that counts the Austin TD. So you want to deflect the blame away on all those plays but you're going to credit the guy on plays where he essentially did nothing? That doesn't seem objective at all.

As far as the 9 points go, the three FGs that were missed (one was blocked) were from 50 yards (blocked), 53 yards, and 63 yards. After all the blame deflecting for Foles, you really going to put all that blame on Zuerlein when the team couldn't get him closer than that?

How about the fact that Zuerlein's 53 yard miss came right after Foles threw that inaccurate third down pass to Bailey?

I'll leave you to your opinion.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
No excuse that was terrible, but I think that was on coaching not Foles.
you mean for the play clock? I did see Foles tapping his helmet once in a gesture like he couldn't hear the play. but either way someone has to call a timeout in those situations. but yea they sure didn't fucking try to give him any short pass or check down options. I would really like to know how much control he actually has and what his audible options are cus that shits just baffling. still you gotta throw it away or take the sack. I put no blame on him for doing either one if he has to