Did Foles stink it up?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
I didn't get to watch the game.

Looking at the stat sheet, its pretty ugly for Foles.

Did he play as bad as his stat sheet? Terrible efficiency and 4 INT's, what gives? A pick 6 and a pick in the end zone...was the game and the moment too big for him today???

I ask because our 6'5" dream team of Britt and Cook were a combined 0-8 at one point. No help from those guys and something's amiss. Those two guys are getting practically useless at this point

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Is water wet? To be fair he was getting crushed most plays and his receivers didn't help much, but he still played very poorly.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Our offense can be summed up by saying we had Gurley and Tavon making plays. The drive we scored, I think we technically passed it once, but it was a forward pitch to Tavon on a sweep. So we ran well. Mainly because we couldn't pass for shit. Every aspect of our passing game stunk, from our QB, to our pass blocking, to our receivers dropping passes and not getting separation. The suckage was a team effort that only excludes Tavon and Gurley. Can't put it solely on Nick.

WvuIN02

Starter
When a player the caliber of Clay Matthews is standing over your center pre snap, and your center and OG just look at each other as he runs free and hits your QB without even being touched.....well, its those kind of plays that typified the day.

That said, Foles made some poor decisions but I dont think any immobile QB would have fared much better out there today. When your QB is getting pressred on 3 step drops your receivers dont have time to even get separation.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
His o line did him no favors but yes. He threw two of the worst interceptions that I've seen with one being in e red zone and us needing points badly

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah the oline pass blocking was terrible. So you can't blame just Foles but with that being said all 4 of his interceptions came on plays when he had time in the pocket. I don't think foles need to be under center in this offense he operates better in shotgun

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Two red zone picks took away sure points for us. Another pick handed them 7 points. Yeah, I'd say he stunk it up. As far as his poor completion percentage, it was just too difficult to complete passes with what he had to endure. I don't see any QB playing well with this line. But those two redzone picks were just plain bad passes. I didn't see him getting hit as he threw it like he did the pick six.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Nick was speared early on with a mighty hit that went uncalled :shocked: in GB by there golden child. Some would have had to be replaced. Foles is a tough guy that had many drops and today was forced into plays we should never have put Nick in as he is a first read quick release PA passer. He took way too many hits and screw the stats as they have not represented our teams games all year. We missed AO and also C. Long when he went out. They picked :thinking: Tru for their first score . We had enough chances :yess: . OL lost Saffold with shoulder and G. Rob. either did well or had a bad play. Was no in between. Britt,Quick,Saffold ALL have bad shoulders. Its amazing. We need to trade for a WR with clutch hands and speed .:deadhorse:

RamzFanz

Damnit
Come on. Foles did everything he could do with what he had. The o-line, with Saffold out early, got DESTROYED by a killer D. DESTROYED. They should pay Foles $100,000 each for what they did to him today.

Aaron Rodgers plays almost that same game with that o-line.

Fisher has 2 weeks to find an o-line.

DenverRam

Starter
Its both. O line is struggling and Foles has an rep for holding onto the ball for longer then he should. He did it in Philly.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nick was speared early on with a mighty hit that went uncalled :shocked: in GB by there golden child
What the hell was that anyway? Could it have been more obvious? Hell - if our guy even looks like he is lowering his helmet the hanky comes out. Matthews flat out speared Foles with the very top of his helmet straight on and no call. It was like he knew he wouldn't get called for it it was so blatant.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Yeah the oline pass blocking was terrible. So you can't blame just Foles but with that being said all 4 of his interceptions came on plays when he had time in the pocket. I don't think foles need to be under center in this offense he operates better in shotgun
I think you need to rewatching the game... His first 2 pics he was being hit or damn near hit just as the balls left his fingertips. The other 2 he had time and even 1 particular one in the endzone he had an open wr on the other side he just never looked

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think you need to rewatching the game... His first 2 pics he was being hit or damn near hit just as the balls left his fingertips. The other 2 he had time and even 1 particular one in the endzone he had an open wr on the other side he just never looked
Those two throws you are refereeing too he should have took the sack because on both throws a receiver was nowhere near close

Ram65

Legend
Was it the chicken or the egg that came first?

OK the offensive line or QB Foles. The offensive line didn't help early on with pass protection or run lanes. Foles needs a little more help then some QBs. He just didn't get on tract today. Both offensive line and Foles had bad games. I tend to give the offensive line more blame at 60% to Foles' 40%. It's what I and many expected early on with an inexperience offensive line.

fearsomefour

Legend
Its both. O line is struggling and Foles has an rep for holding onto the ball for longer then he should. He did it in Philly.
True.
Enough blame to go around.
Foles holds the ball because he struggles to find secondary guys. When a QB is late with reads throws come out late and it leads to picks. Foles can have good games, even great games. But he needs help. He is not going to carry a team in any consistent way.
As the run game continues to evolve and hopefully be more consistent terrible games like this will happen less and less I would think.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i smelt it all the way from the other side of the world.

how different would the game have been if he hit britt early on that long throw?

but apart from gurley and austin the whole offense is on the nose.