Dickerson pleading for Suh!!!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
No worries. If he’s ONLY interested in highest bidder, he’s just using our visit to jack up his potential price with th Seahawks.

We’ll have no shot and never did.

If McVay has any shot at all, then the possibility becomes more plausible.

This may just be a strat to ensure his “prove it” one year deal isn’t for peanuts.

We’ll know tomorrow.

If we were serious about getting him, I’d have McVay, DL coach, AD and Brockers all at the dinner. Between AD and McVay, if you’re about winning, I dunno how you say no to that.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
No worries. If he’s ONLY interested in highest bidder, he’s just using our visit to jack up his potential price with th Seahawks.

We’ll have no shot and never did.

If McVay has any shot at all, then the possibility becomes more plausible.

This may just be a strat to ensure his “prove it” one year deal isn’t for peanuts.

We’ll know tomorrow.

If we were serious about getting him, I’d have McVay, DL coach, AD and Brockers all at the dinner. Between AD and McVay, if you’re about winning, I dunno how you say no to that.
And maybe most importantly Wade Phillips. As we’ve seen from Acqib, and as a result of all the great players he has coached, Wade commands extraordinary respect. Wade can explain how he would maximize Suh and all the line play.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
And maybe most importantly Wade Phillips. As we’ve seen from Acqib, and as a result of all the great players he has coached, Wade commands extraordinary respect. Wade can explain how he would maximize Suh and all the line play.

Yep. Realized after I posted this that I forgot such an important piece.

Says a lot that the minute he signed, he was recruiting Suh. You don’t invite others to a business decision, money grab contract.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fine with me - go get Hankins!

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Fine with me - go get Hankins!

Pretty sure Hankins will sign with Wash.

Plus, I have a feeling after visiting us and then Seattle that Suh becomes a Ram.

And Suh>>>>>>> Hankins

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Plus, I have a feeling after visiting us and then Seattle that Suh becomes a Ram.

And Suh>>>>>>> Hankins
Agreed on the talent, just think Hankins will be fully half the price of Suh. And yeah, I suspect Washington doesn't let him get away, but I can hope.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

And Suh>>>>>>> Hankins

Agreed on the talent, just think Hankins will be fully half the price of Suh. And yeah, I suspect Washington doesn't let him get away, but I can hope.

Hankins left Washington without a deal today. Doesn’t mean one won’t get done but it’s something to think about if Suh doesn’t sign with us after his visit.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I maintain that they will not sign Suh.

It doesn't make sense from a team chemistry or salary cap angle.

It could be just a ploy to get Donald to sign.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I maintain that they will not sign Suh.

It doesn't make sense from a team chemistry or salary cap angle.

It could be just a ploy to get Donald to sign.

I respectfully disagree.

This FO has done nothing to indicate that they believe in engaging in such Machiavellian behavior. If anything, players have said that they appreciate how the org has functioned straight up and forthrightly.

dang

Legend
Not so much a ploy to make Donald sign but an option if Donald does not sign. Hypothetically - if Donald does not accept a proposed $13M increase this year - he is still on board for the $7M. That would in effect make $13M available to add Suh/draft a NT/ease the drafted NT in while Suh holds down the fort.

TexasRam

Legend
I'm confused. Didn't the Rams give Dickerson a "J O B" ;) so they could keep him from blabbering his mouth.:redcard:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
How would it have anything to do with Donald?
There is a set amount of money sitting there.
Donald and his agent may decide to take it before it is given to Suh.

They can then franchise Donald for 2 years as the Rams option to keep him there.

I mean Suh is definitely worth checking out but I don't see him as a pure nose tackle, (which is what I think we need).

I do agree with "dang" above that Suh is an option.

I just don't see it money-wise.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
It seems both Suh and Donald have the same agent.

If that is indeed the case, he will be intimately familiar with the Rams AND how much they may or may not be willing to spend.

If the Rams weren't in the ballpark, Suh wouldn't be going.

Farming a client out when not serious is a great way for teams to disregard that agent's clients.

dang

Legend
Hankins left Washington without a deal today. Doesn’t mean one won’t get done but it’s something to think about if Suh doesn’t sign with us after his visit.
Hankins is young and long term solution probably around $8M. Suh is old and short term solution probably $12M+. Which do we prefer?

dang

Legend
Should have added Suh is considered elite talent. Hankins is considered highly talented.

Ranma

Rookie
Hankins is young and long term solution probably around $8M. Suh is old and short term solution probably $12M+. Which do we prefer?

Should have added Suh is considered elite talent. Hankins is considered highly talented.

Hankins is also the solid and longer term solution, which in a way, is a detriment if the Rams would rather have a drafted NT develop alongside Donald and Brockers on a rookie contract during the majority of their respective careers moving forward given how much both veteran D-lineman are being paid.

Suh, on the other hand, is a temporary and more versatile solution for our current window to contend for a championship. He's a hired gun to fix current shortcomings while elevating the team's defense to another level. He's going to be a little bit more expensive but a better value with respect to talent and projected production. At the same time, there's no long-term commitment to him where we can easily move on from him when we have to re-sign our own players to more expensive deals.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
Difference is Decon and those guys were smart about it, they knew when to get revenge even if it was 20 plays later. They weren't dumb enough to do something stupid in the moment like Suh.

Partly true. But guys got away with a lot of extra curricular activity back in the day. Clothes lining, shoves and, yes stomps were just part of the game. The refs were not quick to the flag.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"It wasn't that San Francisco offered me the most money, its that with all their recent winning I felt I could win a championship here first"