Detroit Will Be Jeff Fisher's Signature Game (history)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
This game at Detroit probably and very likely will determine if the 2016 Rams are able to win more than 7 or 8 games.

History doesn't lie and when we ignore it, the same things almost always happen again. There is a trending truth about Jeff Fisher's Rams teams with a telling story about them starting 3-3.

With the usual common issues on offense, this 2016 Rams 3-2 team better not become another 3-3 Fisher team.

Many Rams fans might balk at the significance and impact that this game has next Sunday, but I believe this is coach Fisher's most important game since being hired as the head coach.

Do not let this team Fall to 3-3 Jeff Fisher. History doesn't favor your teams starting 3-3 and this 2016 team is not protected from your past. It is a different team but there are too many of the same issues that wiped out your other 3-3 teams.

Fisher has started the season 3-3 three different times as head coach of the Rams
and his current team is 3-2 but on the brink of going 3-3 unless he can get this team to pull off a historical win at Detroit this coming Sunday.

2012 started 3-3 and then lost 3 of the next 4 games with the offense scoring 20, 7 & 13 points in those losses.. Final 2012 record 7-8-1

2013 started 3-3 and then lost 3 of the next 4 games with the offense scoring 15, 9 & 21 points in those losses. Final 2013 record 7-9

2015 started 3-3 and then lost 5 of the next 6 games with the offense scoring 18, 13, 13, 7 & 3 points in those losses.. Final 2015 record 7-9

2016 started 3-2 and DETROIT now becomes the signature game for Jeff Fisher. He's never had his Rams start a season 4-2 and this is why history is on a crash course for another 7-9 season if they loose at the Lions den.
Performing-Under-Pressure-Book-3D-294x430.png
z-RqfCUr6VXHiGut46fkgbTaMPLDkMsVZFDKE-pvs-Ok-7-rxRqHEbgluhoW-t4YPHhcxE4=s113

Sunday, October 16, 2016
1:00 PM on FOX
Ford Field, Detroit, Michigan

24d552f1867a583407e47f55d0713512.jpg
54634ebcadcea5edee4ba0408cdcfbec.jpg

Cute piece....now let me save you the angst and uncertainty....this team (Rams) are essentially the same as last season. They rank at or close to last in most offensive categories and anyone expecting a different outcome (wins above .500) are just not being unrealistic,IMO. I've stated my opinion concerning Fisher and his staff, I see no point in repeating myself.

Anyone expecting something other than mediocrity from this bunch are flirting with the definition of insanity...:baghead::giveup:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's a thought . If the Rams lose and fall to 3-3 the only signature I want to see is Kroenke's on Fishers pink slip .
I know I'm beating a dead horse , but 3-3 is not acceptable in his 5th year .

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Screw history. Different players, different maturity level of players who stayed. Different coaching. Schedule, city, etc, etc.

I go by the current team, how they're playing, the overall picture. And if they can't beat the fucking lions, then look out. They'll be all kinds of excuses and we'll clean that up bs along with loss of confidence and should we change qbs-the answer is already yes.

They need to close shit out consistently. They let the bills get a cheap fg to end the first half. Right there i was thinking that it would come back to bite them in the ass. They also left a fg on the field when they were at the 30 and a td when they were near the 10. I still don't know what happened when tavon had 2 steps on the defender and managed to run out of bounds after the catch. On a side note, the fake punt formation looked like a fake before the snap. I was saying, holy shit, it's a fake.

I know it's only we 6, but if they screw the pouch Sunday, I think the season will hang on the outcome in London because losing these 2 games would be more than this team has shown it can overcome.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@Florida_Ram great piece....
The Lions aren't gonna be pushovers...Love their QB....Ziggy Ansaw is a beast....If we can wake up this offense... those stats in here...We've struggled on O for so long...Geez!
Thanks for the thoughts!! " Totally Refreshed" and Ready to Get after those Pussies(Lions!)!!
Fixed it for ya Dave!

I still don't know what happened when tavon had 2 steps on the defender and managed to run out of bounds after the catch.
Pass was carrying him out of bounds, so he got his feet down, then basically couldn't straighten out to stay in bounds..That pass needed to be more on a line, in the field of play...but hey, downfield pass, so I'm not greedy...sure wish we woulda had that Quick pass...Could have changed the momentum...

Yeah...they are all important, but confidence needs to be re-established...I can see, from their play, the defense is getting sick of this offensive crap...and yeah, I wrote crap..not sh!t...4 fg's when we kinda were having our way...I actually think we stopped ourselves like Fish always says in the postgame comments...should be the same way versus Detroit...but in there house...with some decent wrs...anything can happen.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Tavon could have given himself a bit more room along the sideline and Keenum could have thrown the ball a touch more inside. Just those minute little things that are the difference between a good and great play.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I would agree with you if we were talking about the NBA, NHL or MLB.
I think it more true in football than the other sports, since less games. It takes X numbers of wins to make the playoffs. . Who, how many in a row. and how you win is not factored in. It's just the number.of wins. It's math not emotions. A win in DET. has no more merit than a win in Lon. Its just another step to the X number to make the playoffs.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Thanks for the replay. Looks like case underthrew it some - goff would nail that throw - and tavon felt the defender was too close and gaining and didn't want to be tackled from behind. Still should have tried to keep going downfield, though. Tavon too often looks to run out of bounds faster than the guys who pick up the tee after a kickoff.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
My point is that games 7-10 will change if Fisher can get them to 4-2 can have an impact on the team Psych and have them believing in themselves with a different confidence as opposed to loosing 2 straight and being 3-3...

I think 3-3 going to LONDON vs NYG is a whole different set of circumstances.. We will see if History stays true...

4-2 they beat NYG... 3-3 the likely get beat and fall to 3-4.. same old 7-9 story repeats itself.. we shall find out soon enough.

Well I would agree 4-2 is going to have them feeling much better about themselves going to London. I don't know that 3-3 will more than likely mean a loss in GB. I think Detroit is beatable if we have Quinn, Brockers and Hayes. Without them I don't hold much hope especially considering Tru is probably out. Our full compliment DL can take some pressure off of the secondary. On the bright side (if there is such a thing with consecutive losses), if we lose Sunday, I think Goff is the starter in London.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Remember Rupaul?

That's as important as Fisher winning next week.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Well, winning that Tampa game was big, as was the Cardinal game. Despite the awful QB throws, bad O line and keying on McCoy every play (stupid), we still were down only 23-16 with a chance....every team has their bad day. I believe we will beat the Lions and Giants....and be 5-2...then we will see.

If Jeff can't find a way to coach us to victory at Detroit, that will say A LOT about our season. Even if we win, I won't be impressed....but if we lose that will tell me we don't have that "it" factor that could lead us to the playoffs. If the O line was doing what it was doing at the end of last year, and we had a "professional" thrower at QB, we are a playoff team.

Honestly, I am amazed we were only down 7 points in the 4th quarter...with all that bad crap happening in that game, we still had a chance. I don't know if Goff changes all of that, but at this point it sure would be interesting to see.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here's a thought . If the Rams lose and fall to 3-3 the only signature I want to see is Kroenke's on Fishers pink slip .
I know I'm beating a dead horse , but 3-3 is not acceptable in his 5th year .

I have an awful feeling the Rams will be 3 and 4 by the time the bye week rolls up. That 3rd down play from case before the fake punt was abominable. From the moment the ball was snapped he never looked like he was going to make any kind of play for a 1st down. I've had enough.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I have an awful feeling the Rams will be 3 and 4 by the time the bye week rolls up. That 3rd down play from case before the fake punt was abominable. From the moment the ball was snapped he never looked like he was going to make any kind of play for a 1st down. I've had enough.

The Rams never play well in the UK - I'm expecting a big game from OBJ too unfortunately :(

tempests

Hall of Fame
3-1 and 4-2 starts are nice but they've got to keep winning. Teams have started 6-0 before and missed the playoffs.