Detroit Will Be Jeff Fisher's Signature Game (history)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This will be the signature game, like the Pats game was in 1986
Rams were struggling along, winning some games with sub-par QB play. In comes Jim Everett, they win his next 3 starts in a row and make the playoffs.

fearsomefour

Legend
A lot of winable ges coming up....
Lions
Giants
Panthers
Jets
Dolphins
Saints
Those are the next six games. All very winnable. If we can get two of our three missing starting D lineman back and close to normal level of play the Rams can win a bunch of them.
The problem is given the O the injuries and Fishers approach projecting 1-5 or 2-4 over those six weeks is just as easy as projecting 4-2.
Besides health on D getting something going in the running game vs Detriot is key. That O can do damage. Limiting opportunities and controlling field position will help an injured D a lot.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That
Rams were struggling along, winning some games with sub-par QB play. In comes Jim Everett, they win his next 3 starts in a row and make the playoffs.
Sounds like a plan , but we have a stubborn mule for a coach.

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Watch it again. The pass is back shoulder, and pause it as he catches it (00:25). He has to turn back, and lean his upper body toward the sideline. When he comes down, he has no choice, his lean & momentum take him OOB. He squares his hips so that he can get both feet down, but he has no choice but to go OOB.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree, and I really doubt we beat the Giants in London (we've never beaten Eli Manning, and mostly been blown out by him).

Having been 3-1, it's critical that we are at least 4-3 going into the bye week.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So, the solution is to bring Jim Everett out of retirement? :ROFLMAO:

I said a few weeks ago that I'm looking for trends... they were on a good one and I believed they could win the game... even as it came down to the wire, I believed they could win.

But, they lost and there goes a trend.

They'd better not start a new trend!

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
3-1 and 4-2 starts are nice but they've got to keep winning. Teams have started 6-0 before and missed the playoffs.

This is true tempests but this is Jeff Fisher and with his history of 3-3 Rams teams and the same same bottom feeding points scoring offense, I believe a loss at Detroit is almost a certain 7-9 or 8-8 season.

I agree, and I really doubt we beat the Giants in London (we've never beaten Eli Manning, and mostly been blown out by him).

Having been 3-1, it's critical that we are at least 4-3 going into the bye week.

Exactly what I was thinking even before I researched the 3-3 Fisher Rams history. Heading to London to play a team like NYG who's had their number lately, wont be an easy task even with a win against the Lions.

The Rams need all the momentum from the Detroit game they can take with them on that long plane ride to London and they will be boarding that plane straight from the Detroit airport right after the game ends.

A 4-2 start is not just a random starting record. It would be historical because History shows that after the first 6 games to start a season, Fisher has failed to reach that mountain in his first 4 seasons as head coach.

Fisher has hit 3-3 three times out of his first 4 years and for me that makes this his signature game.

A loss at Detroit could surely doom this team to a 3-4 record and likely crush any playoff dreams.

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I did. Same thing.
Either way. We're not trying to say that's a bad pass, right?

If it was 1 yard further down the field he would still be running.

That's the difference between a great throw and a good throw. That's why qbs like kurt warner go to the hof (he should be there already) and qbs like marc bulger become answers to a question on trivial pursuit. Bulger got the completions but rarely put the ball in a spot which let the receiver keep running in stride.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If it was 1 yard further down the field he would still be running.

That's the difference between a great throw and a good throw. That's why qbs like kurt warner go to the hof (he should be there already) and qbs like marc bulger become answers to a question on trivial pursuit. Bulger got the completions but rarely put the ball in a spot which let the receiver keep running in stride.

Oh, you're gonna start THAT debate again?

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I get it, it's a, 'what have you done for me now' league. As other sane members of this forum have pointed out this hyperbole is getting a tad bit ridonkulous. It's a loss get over it. Move on

sane members?
So who are they exactly - i guess youre one of them and then who else exactly?

Please stop your condescending posts where anyone who doesnt think like you is being labelled as "insane" or whatever else pops in your head

thats not what we do here

If you dont like Ram fans talking football then maybe this isnt the place for you

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

I remember that game - we lost as i recall

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember that game - we lost as i recall
That's why I said "starts"...
Everett lead them to a comeback only to lose to a Tony Eason hail mary.
That's why, as a Ram fan, I hate the Patriots
Of course there is that "other' thing...

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
If you dont like Ram fans talking football then maybe this isnt the place for you
I'm all for people voicing opinions and jeebus knows I stick my fat head into far too many angry comments, but I remember coming here from a place that was simply awful, just a cesspool of post after post of ugly negativity about the team. So somewhere in your statement insert a word: "positivity". I think we all agree this board's positive approach embiggens us as fans, so let's talk football but do it in a positive way?

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm all for people voicing opinions and jeebus knows I stick my fat head into far too many angry comments, but I remember coming here from a place that was simply awful, just a cesspool of post after post of ugly negativity about the team. So somewhere in your statement insert a word: "positivity". I think we all agree this board's positive approach embiggens us as fans, so let's talk football but do it in a positive way?

I totally agree