DeSean Jackson’s contract with Rams - $2.75 million plus incentives

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DJax: "This is MY freakin' HOUSE!!!"
Aaron_Donald_dolphin.0.0.JPG

Queue Aaron Donald laughing

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Apologies if this has been posted already, but this article got me fired up.

DJax LED THE LEAGUE in average yards per catch in 2 out of the 3 years he was in McVay's offense in Washington.

I think we sometimes forget how important "scheme fit" is. DJax doesn't have to think, he knows the O, so he can just play.

Just stay healthy-- yea, a big if-- and then this signing is a home run.

Jackson doesn't have to run 4.35 at this point in his career to be good with the Rams. He knows that McVay can scheme him open. He's still got enough speed and technique to make it work. He just has to work hard to be at his best in the McVay offense and to stay on the field.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
In his thirteen year career he played in 16 games exactly once. Maybe Rams should keep him in bubble wrap till the playoffs.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Aaron_Donald_dolphin.0.0.JPG

Queue Aaron Donald laughing

Aaron Donald is such a badass that those rapey ass dolphins were all like, "nah, fam, let's just hang out. May I kiss your Highness on the cheek? Yeah... okay... mwah."

Flint

Pro Bowler
You could have a dozen of 20 yr old Jackson's on the team in 2020 it would not have helped one bit because McVay had a QB who for some reason could not make the throws.
It’s interesting, now you hear that there were deeper throws available throughout the year that weren’t made, guys who were open but weren’t thrown to. Of course a qb can’t see everything so maybe this is just talk or maybe a sign of Goff’s confidence crumbling. Maybe if we could keep an OC for more than 5 minutes there would’ve been a buffer between qb and hyper aggressive head coach.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He could make the throws. After watching the Miami game, he only had a couple throws at most where he might have been able to throw deep. And a lot of other games (second Seattle game as a big example) were just like that. I am sick and tired of defending HWSRN. Just stop. He is no longer on the team.

Let's talk about Stafford and what he can do with Jackson.

Well I’ll the 3rd game showed heart & determination.It also shows one’s character after a player has been doubted & kicked around after carrying a big weight & being disrespected lossing your job.
Lacing it up & going to work when everything that means some is on the line & your not a 100%.
Then the following week you have to travel again to go to work & do your best where your best is good enough,but still not above & beyond.Knowing someone on the other side of the work place is better & wishing you were not hurt & might be able to give that much more.
Then when you get back home & things have sort of settled you find out you’ve been transferred to a different place of work .Have to pack start fresh with a different organization all together. Your boss going on record & saying you did good enough,but the fit & work place needed change & letting everyone in the company know about you being
Let go for someone they think is better.

Psycho_X

Legend
Well I’ll the 3rd game showed heart & determination.It also shows one’s character after a player has been doubted & kicked around after carrying a big weight & being disrespected lossing your job.
Lacing it up & going to work when everything that means some is on the line & your not a 100%.
Then the following week you have to travel again to go to work & do your best where your best is good enough,but still not above & beyond.Knowing someone on the other side of the work place is better & wishing you were not hurt & might be able to give that much more.
Then when you get back home & things have sort of settled you find out you’ve been transferred to a different place of work .Have to pack start fresh with a different organization all together. Your boss going on record & saying you did good enough,but the fit & work place needed change & letting everyone in the company know about you being
Let go for someone they think is better.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I know this is a DJ thread, but now it’s a home boy coming back to the CRIB
From LBC/LA/Compton who should have never left.Should have done GREAT things in LA already.

Yes trading one Cal Bear for another with Matthew Stafford coming into SOFI ?? I think The Rams got it right.
When you give up 2 1st rd picks it shows what they think of the guy coming in,not the guy that is no longer here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

The office is a good example of different things that happen in a work place .

In NFL terms

1.Jared Goff was benched for Wolford
2.He was hurt,but the HC was the one who determined Goff not ready to play.
3.Wolford got injured.
4.Goff comes in for Wolford in Seattle on the road.
5.Goff leads The Rams to victory
6.Goff comes back to LA to prepare for going on the road.
7. Goff is still hurt
8.Goff goes to GB and plays well enough to win
9.Rogers plays amazing.(You can still here RAMsey calling out for a switch to D.Williams.Floyd’s Jock Strap got lost air mailed) HOF level.
10.Mcvay saying Goff played good enough to win & if The Rams got that last stop things would have been different.
11.Rams loss & McSnead says Goff is the QB only as of January 29th ?
12.Rams make trade with Detroit.Stafford now the QB.
13.Goff is a Lion,being 1 of 32 starting QB’s. Having to move.

Enter DJ as well — a player from Cal that last year
Might have helped The Rams open things up ?

MachS

Hall of Fame
He could make the throws. After watching the Miami game, he only had a couple throws at most where he might have been able to throw deep. And a lot of other games (second Seattle game as a big example) were just like that. I am sick and tired of defending HWSRN. Just stop. He is no longer on the team.

Let's talk about Stafford and what he can do with Jackson.

Are you seriously talking about Goff in every thread? Posting the same shit in every thread? Good god man snap out of it, just let it go.

This is a DeSean Jackson thread. Holy fuck. You actually quote yourself just to talk more about Goff. Its literally insane.

Tano

Legend
The office is a good example of different things that happen in a work place .

In NFL terms

1.Jared Goff was benched for Wolford
2.He was hurt,but the HC was the one who determined Goff not ready to play.
3.Wolford got injured.
4.Goff comes in for Wolford in Seattle on the road.
5.Goff leads The Rams to victory
6.Goff comes back to LA to prepare for going on the road.
7. Goff is still hurt
8.Goff goes to GB and plays well enough to win
9.Rogers plays amazing.(You can still here RAMsey calling out for a switch to D.Williams.Floyd’s Jock Strap got lost air mailed) HOF level.
10.Mcvay saying Goff played good enough to win & if The Rams got that last stop things would have been different.
11.Rams loss & McSnead says Goff is the QB only as of January 29th ?
12.Rams make trade with Detroit.Stafford now the QB.
13.Goff is a Lion,being 1 of 32 starting QB’s. Having to move.
Oh I have stated that McVay thought he did not have the right QB for his system so he went out and asked Snead to make a trade for Stafford. I have come to terms that the other QB did not fit McVays system and am all in on Stafford now.

Tano

Legend
Are you seriously talking about Goff in every thread? Posting the same shit in every thread? Good god man snap out of it, just let it go.

This is a DeSean Jackson thread. Holy fuck. You actually quote yourself just to talk more about Goff. Its literally insane.
Um - I think i said just that. I am telling people to stop putting down the other QB and lets talk about Stafford and what he can do with Jackson.

And as you can tell, I am not even saying the QB's name anymore hoping people will just stop talking about how bad he was in their mind. I am trying to get people to stop just as much as most other people are. But I will call out people if they continue to put down the old QB. Just STOP!!

I am sick and tired of people saying we couldn't win because of blah blah blah.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Um - I think i said just that. I am telling people to stop putting down the other QB and lets talk about Stafford and what he can do with Jackson.

And as you can tell, I am not even saying the QB's name anymore hoping people will just stop talking about how bad he was in their mind. I am trying to get people to stop just as much as most other people are. But I will call out people if they continue to put down the old QB. Just STOP!!

I am sick and tired of people saying we couldn't win because of blah blah blah.

You think posting about Goff literally 50+ times a day, but not saying his name makes it better?? How does that make sense in your brain?

All you do in every fucking thread is talk about Goff. Day after day after day. It's old man..people like you are ruining this forum. The guy isn't even on the roster anymore. NOT EVEN ON THE ROSTER ANYMORE yet you feel compelled to defend and discuss him with 90%+ of your posts.

Stick to the Goff thread to feed your addiction. But this thread is about DeSean Jackson so dont bring that shit in here.

Tano

Legend
You think posting about Goff literally 50+ times a day, but not saying his name makes it better?? How does that make sense in your brain?

All you do in every fucking thread is talk about Goff. Day after day after day. It's old man..people like you are ruining this forum. The guy isn't even on the roster anymore. NOT EVEN ON THE ROSTER ANYMORE yet you feel compelled to defend and discuss him with 90%+ of your posts.

Stick to the Goff thread to feed your addiction. But this thread is about DeSean Jackson so dont bring that shit in here.
Okay you went to too far man - you are on ignore. First time I have ever had to do this.

Congratulations.

Feel better about yourself?

It's guys like you that make me defend him.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Okay you went to too far man - you are on ignore. First time I have ever had to do this.

Congratulations.

Feel better about yourself?

It's guys like you that make me defend him.

Haven't discussed Goff in months. There's no reason to.. the guy isn't on the roster anymore.

But thats what you get off on so you do you. Just keep it in the Goff thread and stop infecting this whole board. Dont get butthurt because people call you out on your shit.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
DJax: "This is MY freakin' HOUSE!!!"

really is surreal for DJ11

He is a local kid whose dad was a Rams Hater. I believe a Steelers fan.

I remember I had a $5 bet with a tall young teen age Gal from West LBC.She was a classmate,who I liked to talk smack with who was fun.
I just remembering The Rams losing
& I owed this girl Patrica was actually her name.Went to school on Monday & she didn’t show up to school.I found her best friend the next day or so & asked about her.What I found out that she was shot in the face at a party & was in critical condition.She never came back to school that year.She went to school the following year,but she never knew who I was.She was unrecognizable of her old self.
That all said it must be crazy to know all of LA is circled around DJ
bringing him home.He Will & has saved lives in his NFL career.Community means more to some players. For DJ he is still a kid at heart walking into as he says. The BEST STADIUM IN THE WORLD.

—The Rams are
A first class organization!!
Welcome DJ11

Psycho_X

Legend
really is surreal for DJ11

He is a local kid whose dad was a Rams Hater. I believe a Steelers fan.

I remember I had a $5 bet with a tall young teen age Gal from West LBC.She was a classmate,who I liked to talk smack with who was fun.
I just remembering The Rams losing
& I owed this girl Patrica was actually her name.Went to school on Monday & she didn’t show up to school.I found her best friend the next day or so & asked about her.What I found out that she was shot in the face at a party & was in critical condition.She never came back to school that year.She went to school the following year,but she never knew who I was.She was unrecognizable of her old self.
That all said it must be crazy to know all of LA is circled around DJ
bringing him home.He Will & has saved lives in his NFL career.Community means more to some players. For DJ he is still a kid at heart walking into as he says. The BEST STADIUM IN THE WORLD.

—The Rams are
A first class organization!!
Welcome DJ11

My god, it starts off about DJ, goes to his dad being a Steeler fan, off to your high school years, suddenly a random girl gets shot in the face, becomes a cautionary drama of her not being able to find her old self again, back to DJ saving lives some how.... your stream of consciousness to your keyboard is amazing at times. Like a rabbit hole lined with meth and cocaine. Nothing but love for a fellow Rams fans but you make me go cross eyed trying to follow your posts.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oh I have stated that McVay thought he did not have the right QB for his system so he went out and asked Snead to make a trade for Stafford. I have come to terms that the other QB did not fit McVays system and am all in on Stafford now.

I would not say he didn’t fit McVays offense. He just isn’t as good as Matthew Stafford. The Rams went to the SuperBowl & have been to the Playoffs 3 out of the last 4 seasons.

Mattew Stafford & DJ11 should hook on a few nice TD’s.I’m sure DJ11 would have made things easier for The Rams this last season.I think we all knew The Rams were missing a deep threat.
—Brandon Cook having concussion issue in 2019 might have been a bigger reason The Rams didn’t make the playoffs? We’ll never know.