Demoff on Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Guys,,, seriously???

Do you expect Kevin D. to come out with comments expressing doubts and lack of confidence in the current HC at this point?

Come on now.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
IMO it's not just about the record alone... it's the way the Rams have been losing and it's the same mistakes and issues every season. That's coaching. I'm sure the move created extra stress on the team. But unfortunately the problems that plague the Rams are the same one's before the move.

Even 7 and 9 looks like a stretch now. That's not good under any circumstance. Nevermind the fact Fisher was given loads of draft picks and the freedom to build a roster that he wanted.

Bingo.

Same stupid penalties. Same boring offense. Same unproductive offense.

All the problems this team has have plagued them since Fisher's first season in 2012, well before the move, well before it was anything close to certainty. The move has nothing to do with those problems, it is not the reason the Rams are 4-7.

If Fisher is extended, then the Rams organization is just as stupidly stubborn as he is - they think they can continue doing the same thing over and over and get different results.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I predict a press conference in the near future where Fisher talks about wanting to spend more time with family on his ranch in Montana

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I new this would be a lost season, for all the reasons Demoff said.

And he's right - it's not just the record, it's HOW we've lost the games.

Fisher has said himself that we are a defense and run first team:

We can't run the ball

And before the Saints game we had a lead or were tied or were within one possession in the 4th quarter in our previous 5 losses. We lost those games because we can't run the ball, Case Keenum, and our defense played poorly.

Keenum was on Fisher. Not being able to run the ball is on Fisher and Snead. And the defense lapsing in the 4th quarter? On Fisher, Williams and Snead.

The common thread there? Fisher. Even with Keenum, a better coach wins us 2 of those 5 close losses. And hey look, our record is now 6-5 instead of 4-7 with the exact same personnel. An elite coach wins 3 or 4 of those games for us. Now were possibly 8-3, even with these "circumstances"

Fisher has to go.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Bingo.

Same stupid penalties. Same boring offense. Same unproductive offense.

All the problems this team has have plagued them since Fisher's first season in 2012, well before the move, well before it was anything close to certainty. The move has nothing to do with those problems, it is not the reason the Rams are 4-7.

If Fisher is extended, then the Rams organization is just as stupidly stubborn as he is - they think they can continue doing the same thing over and over and get different results.
Same boring offense? Really when was the last year the Rams threw the ball 40 times a game?

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
:ROFLMAO: I figured this would happen. Moderators get ready for the meltdown:fuelfire:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
:ROFLMAO: I figured this would happen. Moderators get ready for the meltdown:fuelfire:

0hQyd5L.gif

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Same boring offense? Really when was the last year the Rams threw the ball 40 times a game?

Any offense under Fisher is a boring offense. The OC's change but the results stay the same. If you love Fisherball than cool but I'm not a fan of outdated/losing philosophies.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Great... We need to fire our coach AND now I want popcorn.

At least I can make pretty good popcorn for myself. Orville Redenbacher White Popcorn and Popping Oil does the trick pretty smartly.

And considering that a curb stop at the VA ripped the front end off my car today when I was there for a DRs appt, I'm gonna treat myself a bit....after a nap. Had to get two estimates....I'm wore out.

Sorry, thread hijack over.

Back to lamenting the seemingly inevitable extension of Fisher, if not Williams and/or Boras...

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Keenum was on Fisher. Not being able to run the ball is on Fisher and Snead. And the defense lapsing in the 4th quarter? On Fisher, Williams and Snead.

You forgot Boras, and to some degree, Boudreau. In fact, I don't put much of that on Snead at all, he got Fisher the players he wanted, and his defensive picks have looked great (which, coincides with the unit that has generally played will this season, the Saints game being the exception rather than the rule). On the other hand, Boras is not only the offensive coordinator, but the running coordinator - the run game is HIS design. And I suspect he's the one who decides on the blocking schemes, which clearly are not working with our personnel. Boudreau, meanwhile, seems to have lost his touch. Maybe it's because Boras is asking him to coach his unit in ways they are not suited for, I don't know. But he's got to take at least a little bit of the responsibility.

That being said, your view that Fisher is the common denominator is right on the mark.

Throwing 40 times a game in a Mike Martz offense is exciting, because it means you are completing lots of passes, moving the ball, racking up yards, and scoring lots of points.

Throwing 40 times a game on Fisherball team means your running game is pathetic, you are behind on the scoreboard, and you are both ineffective and desperate.

I'll leave it to you to decide which one of those is exciting in your view. I know the latter most definitely is not in mine. And I'm going to go out on a metaphorical limb and guess that I'm not alone.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly it'll take a whole miracle to save him this year. we have plenty more beat downs in store and I csnt see them selling another full year of fisher if they want fans to remain involved

FRO

Legend
I know I'm just a bitter St Louisan, but take everything Demoff says with a grain of salt and that's me putting it nice. If Fisher is retained, then Kroenke and Demoff are in trouble of losing the market. They need the market to embrace them and buy PSLs. Boring football and losing football is the quickest way to lose the market. Fisher hasn't gotten the job done in 5 years with vast draft resources and tons of cap space. Year 6 won't be any different.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
Here's an ugly thought. The Rams retain a 6- 10 head coach, The Chargers pass on moving to Los Angeles, and a 13-3 Raiders team announces they will be exercising their right to return to Los Angeles. Talk about losing market momentum...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Relocation is a killer. I mean look at the raiders. No idea where they're playing next year, it's no wonder they can't win either.
Oh, wait a minute

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if we don't judge fisher based solely on the rams record, can't we judge him on other stats? the offense has been almost historically bad for 5 years. it's one thing to lose with a middle of the pack offense and defense, but we are losing due to ineptitude

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure we threw it the ball 55 times in London .. but as Jeff was playing case it all went a bit Pete Tong ... the only thing and I mean the only thing that matters is the win loss record and for the last five years regardless of circumstances and the situation Jeff hasn't gotten his team over .500 hell he hasn't got us to .500 ... I'm not advocating firing him (I mean he is so close to being number one in a stat wouldn't want to take that away from him ) ... but come the end of the season there's a hand shake a thank you and a pink slip for Jeff and his brand of football

FRO

Legend
Here's an ugly thought. The Rams retain a 6- 10 head coach, The Chargers pass on moving to Los Angeles, and a 13-3 Raiders team announces they will be exercising their right to return to Los Angeles. Talk about losing market momentum...
That's what the Rams have to fear most b

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those asking what about the other 4 years think beyond the win loss record and you might get a clue

Agreed, Bart, let's look beyond the win-loss record. Let's look at the zero playoff berths, the zero division titles, the offense finishing in the bottom 5 in the NFL in scoring each year since Schotty left, and the Rams showing no consistency under Fisher except for the ability to lose 6 out of their first 10 games every year.

Yes, let's look beyond the win-loss record. It does give you a clue. It clues you in that Fisher is one of the least effective coaches in football right now. And it clues you in that for all the complaints about Schotty, our offense has gotten significantly worse each time Fisher has hired a coordinator. I'll even post the numbers for you:
2012: 18.7 PPG (25th) (Schotty)
2013: 21.8 PPG (21st) (Schotty)
2014: 20.3 PPG (21st) (Schotty)
2015: 17.5 PPG (29th) (Cignetti)
2016: 15.5 PPG (32nd) (Boras)

Not only does Fisher fail to win games, he completely and utterly fails when trying to hire offensive-minded coaches.