DC Pro Sports Report says McVay in as Rams HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
I wish we would at least interview Shanahan.

You'd think, at the very least, they'd wait and see if Atlanta loses this weekend so they could give Shanny a shot Monday or Tuesday and then decide. If they win I could see jumping on McVay at that point. Maybe they are worried the Whiners will grab him, idk.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm guessing the Rams have had some kind of contact with him , either if be through his father , or his agent , or one of his neighbors , I bet the Rams had some kind of contact with him

and already know his answer

But that's only if the rumors about McVay are true

But if they are not true , then please disregard this post

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I wish we would at least interview Shanahan.

Kind of shows you this team hasn't learned from it's past mistakes in making stupid decisions on a whim. ugh.
If he brings in Wade Phillips that would be huge, but I still don't see this team taking the next step under a guy whom is 31 years old and has had no HC experience.

A55VA6

Legend
I just wonder... If we hire McVay and he brings in Wade Phillips.. how will our defense convert to a 3-4? There'd be a lot of new faces on defense, that's for sure.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Kind of shows you this team hasn't learned from it's past mistakes in making stupid decisions on a whim. ugh.
If he brings in Wade Phillips that would be huge, but I still don't see this team taking the next step under a guy whom is 31 years old and has had no HC experience.

You need to read the Ram Coaching interviews posts.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm sure who he can get on his staff , was a large part of his interview Phillips as DC and Bill Callahan or Norv Turner as OC , would be a pretty good selling point

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I just wonder... If we hire McVay and he brings in Wade Phillips.. how will our defense convert to a 3-4? There'd be a lot of new faces on defense, that's for sure.

Not much of a difference between Wade's 3-4 and most 4-3 defenses. It would change a couple positions at most (LDE or NT and SOLB).

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Make the hire now! Don't wait to interview Shanahan. It speaks volumes to anybody willing to listen that he's being passed up so easily.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure who he can get on his staff , was a large part of his interview Phillips as DC and Bill Callahan or Norv Turner as OC , would be a pretty good selling point

I doubt Washington lets Callahan walk. Norv Turner is as close as you can come to an Air Coryell traditionalist in today's NFL. McVay came up under the Grudens and Mike/Kyle Shanahan. All of those guys run West Coast Offenses.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Not much of a difference between Wade's 3-4 and most 4-3 defenses. It would change a couple positions at most (LDE or NT and SOLB).

Imma pass out from excitement if we get McVay and Wade Philips...

The deep ball AND our DL unleashed by Wade?

Ooh-wee--meme-57104.jpg

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott

If Wade Phillips is the new Rams DC I'm hoping he brings over Sylvester Williams to be this teams NT. I don't think we currently have one on the team.

DE: Aaron Donald
NT: Sylvester Williams
DE: Michael Brockers

OLB: Robert Quinn
LB: Alec Ogletree
LB: Mark Barron
OLB: Jabaal Sheard

I think that's a great looking front-seven. Not 100% sure where the Patriots stand on Sheard and their willingness to resign him, but if the past were to tell us anything about the Patriots, it's that they don't mind letting guys walk because they feel like they can just plug in cheaper players that fit their system and they'll produce at the same level.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler

We are short on linebackers as it is and dont have a lot of draft capital to spend on a shift to 3-4 with the offense in the shape it's in. My hope is that he would still be able to be effective coaching a 4-3 because relying on Quinn to be an OLB when he can't stay healthy and having no real depth is scary to me.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Wade Phillips is the new Rams DC I'm hoping he brings over Sylvester Williams to be this teams NT. I don't think we currently have one on the team.

DE: Aaron Donald
NT: Sylvester Williams
DE: Michael Brockers

OLB: Robert Quinn
LB: Alec Ogletree
LB: Mark Barron
OLB: Jabaal Sheard

I think that's a great looking front-seven. Not 100% sure where the Patriots stand on Sheard and their willingness to resign him, but if the past were to tell us anything about the Patriots, it's that they don't mind letting guys walk because they feel like they can just plug in cheaper players that fit their system and they'll produce at the same level.

I'm not so sure about Williams. The Broncos got gashed this year by running games. Plus, it seems like Wade has tended to prefer disruptors at NT. Would be very interested in a few FAs out there depending on their price tag. Jonathan Hankins is a guy who really intrigues me.

I also wonder if DeMarcus Ware would join us at a reasonable rate since he seems to love Phillips.