Day 1 completed... best players left to draft after first 4 picks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Getting Lamp would be a dream...but I have a gut a feeling that if we want him, we have to trade up. Teams behind us know we need him and he won't float past #37. If he is picked #36 by a team that leapfrogged us, I'm gonna lose my mind!:sneak:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Hmmm.... a hunch perhaps, but I have a sneaky suspicion we go defense, possibly CB (Lewis or Jones) at 35 and wideout or Te at 69. Why you ask? Well, wade phillips just tweeted something about today be the Rams turn to pick and we have Youngblood (defense) and Steven Jackson (offense) announcing our selections... hmmmm

Conspiracy theories anyone?!!

FRO

Legend
The Rams must get someone to help Goff in this draft. He currently has a below average receiving corps and line. Get the kid some help or the huge investment to get him will be for nothing.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Yet another reason why to draft Lamp!

Draft prospect Forrest Lamp to endorse lamps

• 0ap1000000236552.jpg
  • By Kevin Patra
  • Around the NFL writer
  • Published: April 27, 2017 at 12:03 p.m.
  • Updated: April 27, 2017 at 12:28 p.m.

Forrest Lamp knows marketing.

As Michael Scott always said: K.I.S.S., Keep It Simple, Stupid.

Lamp was born with a built-in marketing opportunity in his last name.

The Western Kentucky offensive lineman, and top-graded guard expected to be drafted in the first round, which opens tonight at 8 p.m. ET in Philadelphia, signed an endorsement deal with Lamps Plus.

(Insert "I Love Lamp!" joke here)

"The opportunity to partner with Lamps Plus before my rookie NFL season, especially with my last name, is the perfect scenario," Lamp said in the press release. "I'm confident that my girlfriend Natosha and I will have the best-decorated and most well-lit rookie home in our new team city!"

Oh how the puns and dad jokes are everywhere. Even the Lamp Plus CEO couldn't help himself.

"...Similarly, Forrest Lamp will be providing comfort and security for quarterbacks and running backs throughout his promising NFL career," Dennis Swanson said. "While his name is perfect to endorse our company, we really like Forrest's work ethic and enthusiasm. He will shine at the professional level."

#OMG. Lamp will shine! On-the-nose humor is great.

Lamp might not be only draft prospect to leverage his last name. Here is Michigan tight end Jake Butt:

If you got, flaunt it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams must get someone to help Goff in this draft. He currently has a below average receiving corps and line. Get the kid some help or the huge investment to get him will be for nothing.
The same can be argued for the Oline. If he has 2 seconds or less before getting hammered. He'll rarely see that flashy new 2nd round WR we draft (if we do). Everything is connected. So be extension, a good Oline helps the QB, RB, and WR's. Just say yes to LAMP!

FRO

Legend
The same can be argued for the Oline. If he has 2 seconds or less before getting hammered. He'll rarely see that flashy new 2nd round WR we draft (if we do). Everything is connected. So be extension, a good Oline helps the QB, RB, and WR's. Just say yes to LAMP!
I agree with Lamp of there. I'm fine with Feeney as well or even one of the Cs.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
Since no one has said it, i guess I can't resist.. Time to light the Lamp. :cool:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No pass rushers that you think are good enough? I think Willis has to be in consideration.

Tyus Bowser and Tim Williams. If Willis, I'd trade down. Although, Williams's skinny upper body bothers me.(he's just so freaking talented)

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I say stay where we are. In fact, we should consider trading back. I think highly of Lamp. If he falls to us, take him. I think he's the safest pick in this draft. However, I see all the WRs available, and I don't feel any desperation to go get Lamp.

If he goes elsewhere, we can trade back or draft a WR.

My top players available for us are:
1. Forrest Lamp
2. Cooper Kupp
3. Zay Jones
4. Chris Godwin
5. Juju Smith

So, I'm not concerned about a trade up.

And no, I don't want Cam Robinson. I would have pounded the table for Ramczyk, but Cam Robinson has the same sort of issues that have led to D.J. Fluker and Greg Robinson struggling in the NFL. However, I could see the Rams drafting him. Kromer loves big, strong OLs like Robinson.

Robinson has weak shoulders and chatter about possible arthritis in his shoulders. Major red flag

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall

What was the score pal? Absolute scenes over here. Helicoptering all over the place.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I am in the trade back camp, if our guy isn't there, who was Engram. If Lamp makes it to us, I'd definitely consider it, but WR wise, or TE wise, I think the way the draft fell, that there are a lot of comparable players that will be available later. If we can trade down, but stay in the 2nd, and gain a 3rd, we could really do some damage. I'd consider the CB, Kevin King, the kid is a freak, and Lamp if they are available and we stay put. I like TE, Everett, but I think he's a 3rd rounder. He is a little raw, but has a great SPARQ, and is a willing blocker, who shows burst, and elusiveness with the ball in his hands.

I like Ardarious Stewart, and Josh Reynolds later in the draft for WR's. They are probably 3 - 4 rounders. There are more TE's and WR's in this range. It's looking to me like the meat of the draft is in the 3rd and 4th rounds. If we could get another 3rd, I'm telling you, we'd be sitting pretty.

We may be in a good spot for teams trading up to get a RB, or a QB, unless teams jump us.