Day 1 completed... best players left to draft after first 4 picks?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I say stay where we are. In fact, we should consider trading back. I think highly of Lamp. If he falls to us, take him. I think he's the safest pick in this draft. However, I see all the WRs available, and I don't feel any desperation to go get Lamp.

If he goes elsewhere, we can trade back or draft a WR.

My top players available for us are:
1. Forrest Lamp
2. Cooper Kupp
3. Zay Jones
4. Chris Godwin
5. Juju Smith

So, I'm not concerned about a trade up.

And no, I don't want Cam Robinson. I would have pounded the table for Ramczyk, but Cam Robinson has the same sort of issues that have led to D.J. Fluker and Greg Robinson struggling in the NFL. However, I could see the Rams drafting him. Kromer loves big, strong OLs like Robinson.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
I looked here and was like wtf? I didn't see one but in my old age I'm blind at times. lol I guess I'll have to steal it and upload it to my site. :) I saw you hot linked it too. :)
http://caleythistleonline.com/uploads/emoticons/aug08_031.gif

How dare you link the fine people of ROD to the Caley Thistle forum... and on Highland Derby day too. Shame on you!

That forum you linked to is the ROD equivalent for my soccer team's rivals.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What's with this rush to get oline? The Rams have spent plenty of draft capital on the positions. And fa money. Let the coaches put them in a viable offensive scheme, coach them up and see what they can do. They may actually be good linemen. I'm not holding the Fisher/boras offense against them.

ProGen

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Trade up with the Pack and pick Cooper Kupp. Great hands, will move the chain and be a guy Goff can put his trust in. Need to invest in our young QB. No more athletes with suspect hands.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

What's with this rush to get oline? The Rams have spent plenty of draft capital on the positions. And fa money. Let the coaches put them in a viable offensive scheme, coach them up and see what they can do. They may actually be good linemen. I'm not holding the Fisher/boras offense against them.

I think just because we have drafted Oline before, doesn't mean they are any good. Last year we were a dumpster-fire on the Oline. I am leery about the whole "let the coaches coach them up, idea"..because I haven't seen any of that since Vermeil. Time to eat your veggies, kurtfaulk....that Wide Reciever cake will give you cavities!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
trade down get an extra pick and take godwin, kupp, ol...... yes im dreaming :whistle:

It wouldn't surprise me if that happened.

But... it also wouldn't surprise me if we are in love with a player that we think is 1st round worthy.

With all the critique I've given the NFL stretching the draft out like this... it DOES give teams the night to work deals, particularly for those top 5 spots in round 2. Those can be strong positions to trade down from.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Lamp or Zay Jones, which will lead us all to communicate "I Love Lamp.:" Or "Zay What?"....Jones was more consistent than Godwin and I doubt Lamp makes it to 37 I concur Seahawks take him.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I might be more upset if we don't come out of the 2nd round with an extra pick than I would be at any of those players taken.

Yeah, I'm not in for trading up in the second. Down, yes but not too far. Need to pick up another 2nd or 3rd with all the talent left at OC, WR, etc.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ps pos Bears let the Whiners rape them....
Imo That freaking sucked . Didn't wStch draft. Have it taped. Turned on espn for a second & got yelled at by a C .grant 4am. Saw The 9ers got like 3 extra picks .@& still got what they wanted .

Now that it is freaking fresh. Right Niw I'm seriously Fucking pissed This stupid B(probably me Dumb A) , is a 9er fan.

Looking back at History ?

This freaking totally sucks ??

I always look back at drafts & John Lynch(Shanny) pulled off a gem ?

1. They did nothing but get the guy they wanted all along ?
2. Then they got 3 ? Extra picks( once again slept next to a 9er B4 maybe last time ?) z. I believe ?? Old Bill Walsh & old school Bill Billacheat.
3. Adding players at a position of strength is huge !!!
Walsh was smart. Next heads pick just adds to the 9ers future .( ?? Mark on Goff's trade up will Luke) The Rams will pay for trading up. Last season is the example 4-12 ?? The Rams had a better team in 2015 .They also lost JL55 contract..
I could go all day about the draft ??? Hate that the 9ers got free picks for nothing ..Sucks?
4.Chris Long (Jake Long)??? I believe ??)
My point goes back to The Rams & passing on Matt Ryan ?? The Rams knew that Aurturo Blank(Falcons wanted him) The QB position makes a franchise or breaks ??? We can go back in history ???
Just makes me made The NFL allows such a bad trade. The. Ears. Eased up IMO ?

I don't think this dude is the answer.

Which brings back to JZ freaking trading back back & drafting Hill ????)
I'm sure Lineahan would have(Greg Olsen ) wanted Jay Cutler ?? If nothing else imo yo&u can draft & trade the pick. Which goes back to Bill Billacheat having a solid b in NE, behind Brady. Ala Brett Farve (Palmer) & Joe Montana (Steve Young)

Last edited:

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think just because we have drafted Oline before, doesn't mean they are any good. Last year we were a dumpster-fire on the Oline. I am leery about the whole "let the coaches coach them up, idea"..because I haven't seen any of that since Vermeil. Time to eat your veggies, kurtfaulk....that Wide Reciever cake will give you cavities!

I beg to differ. Big hav looked solid in his rookie year. I'm gonna blame boras before i blame him for regressing seeing every single lineman regressed last season. There's a stud at lt now. Not ready to give up in grob just yet. Have a pro at Centre that knows the scheme. It's not that bleak.

Having said that if they pick lamp I'm not gonna cry. But if they trade up, well......

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Trade up with the Pack and pick Cooper Kupp. Great hands, will move the chain and be a guy Goff can put his trust in. Need to invest in our young QB. No more athletes with suspect hands.
I don't understand the infatuation with Kupp. Spruce is the same player IMO. People are doubting him but he will end up being our slot receiver. Just watch.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Lamp or Zay Jones, which will lead us all to communicate "I Love Lamp.:" Or "Zay What?"....Jones was more consistent than Godwin and I doubt Lamp makes it to 37 I concur Seahawks take him.

I disagree with that last part. Moorhead's offense really spreads the ball around. They had a lot of receivers catching the ball. The reason Godwin showed up more in big games was because he was the only receiver that could get open consistently against good defenses.

I hated to see him go. I don't think PSU has anything close to him on the roster. Supposedly a guy named Juwan Johnson, who played sparingly last year has really stepped it up this Spring, but that is in practice. I am not as confident that the offense can function as well against tough competition, without Godwin.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I say stay where we are. In fact, we should consider trading back. I think highly of Lamp. If he falls to us, take him. I think he's the safest pick in this draft. However, I see all the WRs available, and I don't feel any desperation to go get Lamp.

If he goes elsewhere, we can trade back or draft a WR.

My top players available for us are:
1. Forrest Lamp
2. Cooper Kupp
3. Zay Jones
4. Chris Godwin
5. Juju Smith

So, I'm not concerned about a trade up.

And no, I don't want Cam Robinson. I would have pounded the table for Ramczyk, but Cam Robinson has the same sort of issues that have led to D.J. Fluker and Greg Robinson struggling in the NFL. However, I could see the Rams drafting him. Kromer loves big, strong OLs like Robinson.

No pass rushers that you think are good enough? I think Willis has to be in consideration.

Ants

Starter
trade down get an extra pick and take godwin, kupp, ol...... yes im dreaming :whistle:

I could see that. I don't think Godwin or Kupp will go in the next 10 picks or so...JuJu even later.
Then get Pocic in the 3rd.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000803469/article/2017-nfl-draft-best-remaining-prospects

Here are the top remaining players in the 2017 NFL Draft, based on NFL Media senior analyst Gil Brandt's rankings of the top 150 prospects (number by player's name is where Brandt had them originally ranked).

15. Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
25. Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State
27. Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida
28. Kevin King, CB, Washington

32. Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado
33. DeShone Kizer, QB, Notre Dame
35. Curtis Samuel, RB, Ohio State
36. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
38. Marcus Williams, S, Utah
39. Josh Jones, S, North Carolina State
40. Jordan Willis, DE, Kansas State

41. Forrest Lamp, G, Western Kentucky