Davis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I agree, and I believe Fisher understands that as well, which is why he named him the starter. What Davis has over Hill is that he's a work in progression so we don't know what we have in him. He's a variable that's still growing so there's something to be had in watching his development. Season was lost in Cleveland, so there's no harm in going through his growing pains to see what we got. Especially as the Hags and Whiners games have proven that we can win in spite of them.

That's surrendering the season for a backup QB tryout isn't it?

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'll tell you exactly why I want Hill:

Britt. If AD could get him the ball, I would be fine with AD. I think Hill CAN get him the ball and he's not scared to throw a ball Britt has to fight for.

Rams will not have a chance without a long game and AD has been consistently bad at the long game. One great throw followed by two bad ones.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'll tell you exactly why I want Hill:

Britt. If AD could get him the ball, I would be fine with AD. I think Hill CAN get him the ball and he's not scared to throw a ball Britt has to fight for.

Rams will not have a chance without a long game and AD has been consistently bad at the long game. One great throw followed by two bad ones.

If Hill can see over the DL and get Austin/Bailey the ball over the middle, I definitely want him.

RamzFanz

Damnit
If Hill can see over the DL and get Austin/Bailey the ball over the middle, I definitely want him.

That does seem to have been a problem too.

It's going to suck if the Rams wait too late and Hill is way better than Davis which I believe he is.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
jrry is voicing his opinion on the QB situation. There's no reason to assign a motive like "he doesn't like Davis" or questioning if he would have the same opinion about Hill if Hill played like AD. You don't have to have an agenda or bias to prefer one over the other.

I was calling for AD last season and got treated the same way. Many of us believe Hill is the better QB. At the very least, I don't think he could be any worse. AD has had some great quarters. There might be some long term hope there but I want to see wins now, and, just as I have since AD was named the starter, I want to see what Hill has.

It doesn't mean I have an agenda, it doesn't mean I hate AD, it just means I still think Hill is the better QB and with good reason. If AD were lighting it up, I'd gladly admit I was wrong.

Over 12 pages of this thread and posts in other threads, we get it: You and several others don't approve of Austin Davis being the starting QB for the Rams. Don't know whether that's an agenda or not but don't be offended when others suspect that it is.

Alan

Legend
We have many questions that need to be answered and backup QB is one of them. I see zero advantage in starting Hill even if he were better than Davis which I'm not convinced is true.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
I've weighed in every week on Austin Davis, but if I include all of the weeks, and where I think he might have improved....I don't see him progressing as a starter.

To me, he looks really rattled out there, sometimes for a good reason, but sometimes, I don't think he should be. He doesn't seem to be progressing anymore, but regressing. I don't want to tear him apart, I'm not about that I was on record for saying that I'd like to see him start the rest of the year, but I retract that. With the defense playing well, finally, I want the best option to win out there. I'm not sure it's Davis anymore, but I'll leave that to the coaches.

I'd be interested in what else we have. At this point, I'd like to know who the backup should be next year, because I don't think the starting position is in question for me anymore. I didn't post this to pee pee on the win, or Davis. I'm stoked for the win, and all of Davis' contributions, so far, and maybe for the rest of the year.

Do you think he was rattled because of that awkward slide where he almost hurt himself? He sat out a play because of that. He came back in and never looked the same. This could be an after the fact thing that I'm totally making up. I don't know. Would appreciate you (and other's) opinion on it.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Over 12 pages of this thread and posts in other threads, we get it: You and several others don't approve of Austin Davis being the starting QB for the Rams. Don't know whether that's an agenda or not but don't be offended when others suspect that it is.

I've barely commented in this thread. I don't come here to be insulted so I have been avoiding it pretty much. I was hoping we might be past the "pile on" mentality with so many members changing their opinions about AD. Maybe next week?

I suspect you clicking on a thread titled Davis and calling out only those that prefer Hill is an agenda and trolling.

With all due respect for your service to this community and desire to set a positive tone, have you called out anyone that supports AD for their abusive comments?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Do you think he was rattled because of that awkward slide where he almost hurt himself? He sat out a play because of that. He came back in and never looked the same. This could be an after the fact thing that I'm totally making up. I don't know. Would appreciate you (and other's) opinion on it.
No, I don't think that's it. The slide was just his knee brace getting caught on the ground and twisted, he didn't really get hurt at all. And I'm going on the last few games when I make that statement. Now, in some of those games there was reason... good reason, to look rattled, but I thought he ran right into some pressure, when pressure wasn't there. I didn't think the OL played that bad on this past Sunday, so I was hoping for a reset on his apparent jitters. I didn't see a reset. I saw some other things that I didn't like, some things everyone saw, but I really don't want to tear him down further, so I'll leave it at that.

QB is a polarizing subject, but one that should be allowed to be debated. I really don't see many agendas being driven here. I hope everyone keeps it civil, and respectful. Where would be without Davis this year? The kid gave most of us a shot in the arm, a glimmer of hope. My take away with what is going on right now, is that we have a ton of talent currently, more talent than we've had in over 10 years. Some of the talent is undeveloped, but you can see it. When we do find our QB, watch out.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
As you say, Arizona is dead last against the pass so, yes, if AD isn't destroying them in the air or at least keeping up with them, I would give him the hook. Why not? What do the Rams have left to lose?

I still hold out hope for the Rams making a WC spot. I would make ANY change that I thought would help. We don't need to wonder who AD is anymore. We don't need to worry about his confidence. We need wins.
I'm still not sure what precisely you see in Hill to make you think he'd be an improvement over Davis.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've barely commented in this thread. I don't come here to be insulted so I have been avoiding it pretty much. I was hoping we might be past the "pile on" mentality with so many members changing their opinions about AD. Maybe next week?

I suspect you clicking on a thread titled Davis and calling out only those that prefer Hill is an agenda and trolling.

With all due respect for your service to this community and desire to set a positive tone, have you called out anyone that supports AD for their abusive comments?
Do you have examples? I haven't seen abusive comments but I have to say that there is a real drum beat among some members who want to see Hill in place of Davis. That's fine and all but don't act like you haven't taken this up as some sort of cause. Are you saying you didn't start the "undefeated" thread in order to bang the drum? It's just that it is not a few comments in one thread.

I get that you are really wanting to see Hill in there instead of Davis. Hell - I can't see a real definitive case for the idea that Davis is so much better that we shouldn't give Hill a shot. But when you beat that drum to the tune of calling the coaches fools or that they suck because they don't see it your way, you are the one using abusive comments. And I think the way you are going about it is what is drawing the attention and ire - NOT that you have an opinion.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still not sure what precisely you see in Hill to make you think he'd be an improvement over Davis.
And what have we seen of Hill to think he wouldnt be an upgrade? Fisher was so solid on Hill even after Davis played well he still wanted to go back to him.
I'm not advocating a move back to Hill, I'd give Davis one more game, but I think Hill would have done a fine job, if not better. It was just impossible to bench Davis after how he played

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

A mod has to read every post, or as many as possible. The rest of you get to pick and choose. So I know damn well who's posting what.

As far as the Shaun Hill/Austin Davis debate goes I don't care who starts as long as we win. Winning is my agenda. I went through this years ago with the Warner/Bulger debates and saw how that tore up entire Rams boards. That won't happen here on our watch. That's another one of my agendas, keeping this place from falling into that same trap.

What's been absolutely mindboggling to me after the beat-up Rams shockingly defeated the 49ers in their house is that this week hasn't felt like a celebration at all. No, it's been a whole lot of negativity that we've had to wade through instead. People get to post pretty much what they want but the mods are attempting to steer the vibe here into a positive area. That's our agenda. Why? Because people don't want to come to a site full of mudslinging and constant negative crap.

Btw, if you believe someone is being abusive to you or another poster then click the 'report' button. So far I haven't seen one report claiming that someone was being mean to another member because they wanted Shaun Hill instead of Austin Davis.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
A mod has to read every post, or as many as possible. The rest of you get to pick and choose. So I know damn well who's posting what.

As far as the Shaun Hill/Austin Davis debate goes I don't care who starts as long as we win. Winning is my agenda. I went through this years ago with the Warner/Bulger debates and saw how that tore up entire Rams boards. That won't happen here on our watch. That's another one of my agendas, keeping this place from falling into that same trap.

What's been absolutely mindboggling to me after the beat-up Rams shockingly defeated the 49ers in their house is that this week hasn't felt like a celebration at all. No, it's been a whole lot of negativity that we've had to wade through instead. People get to post pretty much what they want but the mods are attempting to steer the vibe here into a positive area. That's our agenda. Why? Because people don't want to come to a site full of mudslinging and constant negative crap.

Btw, if you believe someone is being abusive to you or another poster then click the 'report' button. So far I haven't seen one report claiming that someone was being mean to another member because they wanted Shaun Hill instead of Austin Davis.

Ohh yeh, I bolded it and underlined it because you know what this week I've been buzzing because we beat the 49ers, but I've kept away from ROD because I get annoyed and angry at the calls for Davis' head - in my opinion - I don't think Hill would get us the win - its more than just a QB, its a team thing, and I think that Davis makes us a 'team' - and I'm not knocking Hill, I'm sure he's great guy and a pro, but I think after week 1 he got rocked, big time, and I think Fisher saw this....

can I just remind everyone that in the last 3 weeks that we've beaten the Superbowl Champions AND the Conference Champion Runners up from last year, so lets give our team a break, lets give the QB a break because you know what, we're not doing too bad all things considered...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
ABSOLUTELY! How many of you witnessed that feeding frenzy? That is NOT going to happen here. If you want that sort of thing, then go find it somewhere else. It's fine. We won't be offended by your leaving. It's just not what we are going to do here.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
That's surrendering the season for a backup QB tryout isn't it?
Yes, which would be the exact same if Hill was in. I don't believe he would have us any further than Davis would. I also believe that's why we're seeing more young guys getting in ala Mason and GRob over established starters. Think of it as less of a season of backup tryouts and more a season of seeing if our young guys have a spark.

Irish

Starter
You can be elated that the Rams won and still see the gross inadequacies of Davis's play of late. I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I wouldn't have even posted in here if I hadn't seen so many people piling on jrry and no one saying anything about it. It's not like jrry and I agree all the time or even most of the time, I just wanted to point it out. It just seems like uneven enforcement and a lack of support for fellow members who have a less popular opinion and I knew what it was like, so I pointed it out, and got sucked in again.

I'm sure I do not want to talk about Hill or AD anymore.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
You can be elated that the Rams won and still see the gross inadequacies of Davis's play of late. I don't see how the two are mutually exclusive.
The problem is the elation isn't there. Instead people would rather beat the drum about how our former 3rd stringer isn't playing the greatest football ever. That's how the site that shall not be named started on it's trek to where it is now. People would see wins, immediately come on to gripe and when people would call them out about it they'd say the same thing, "Oh it's okay to be happy and be upset at bad play too." Except the happiness never came. Soon after the personal feelings and things started flying and it's the hellhole it is today. Lots of us here watched it happen, so a lot of us are shellshocked and don't want to see that happen again.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Other than the use of the word gross (not a big deal but not really needed and IMO mocks the talent level to even be considered in the NFL) I don't see where anyone is saying that is off the boards. Discuss what you see - that's fine. Leave the idea that others are stupid or fools or ??? for not seeing it your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.