PREGAME Cowboys at Rams Pregame Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dated an ex Dallas Cowboy cheerleader when I was younger and she was a student at San Jose when I was in California for business.
I also worked with an ex Ram cheerleader a few years ago. But she was older and not in shape, unless round is a shape, anymore.

Regardless of it being played in our stadium, probably gonna have a lot of cowboy fans.
Rams cheerleaders aren't really in shape in general. Not to my eye at least.

That's one thing I have always respected about the Cowboys is those high standards with their cheerleaders. My wife loves watching that show, it's a great example of what it takes to have a group that good at what they do.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I'm a long time Rams fan and in the 70's, the Rams were a powerhouse, but they could always found a way to lose in the playoffs. I'm glad we have 2 banners in the stadium. I was worried at one time that I might pass without seeing a super bowl win.
Yeah that decade (started in 69 in Minnesota for me) was rough. We were clearly the best team a few of those years, but some weird stuff would always happen, like the mud bowl, etc.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Being a Rams fan since the 70's, I used to hate the cowgirls more than the whiners. But now the whiners are #1.
Well, in those days the Niners were garbage. We always lost to Minnesota and Dallas in the playoffs so of course we hated the Cowboys!

MrRiceGuyRJ

Let's Make the Rams Great Again
Name
RJ
I think we have the makings of run game dominance behind Jackson/Havenstein. Both those boys can move the pile. So you put your best run blocking depth OL in there as a TE on the right side, call the formation 12 if you want with Higs lined up wide on the other side.

And you fucking mash the right side behind the big boys. Let them fire the fuck off. If Akers gets going I guarantee you Dallas won't be able to handle that shit.
I appreciate your optimism, I don't necessarily see it. Our offense, especially yards per carry, is one of the worst in the leagues at the moment (29th in the league yards per carry). Don't get me wrong, I dont think we abandon it. Maybe we adjust like you're seeing and we get more success. It's like ARob. Can't just abandon it/him; need to keep teams honest so that they don't just focus on a single player (Kupp) and rush the QB and dominate us our offensive "force".

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think they'll do anything I want them to do. For the record. I just really like Jackson & Hav. To the point where I considered starting a nickname thread for them but that was before the 9er ass beating.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

View: https://twitter.com/fabian_football/status/1577678567197974530?s=20&t=uJ54hxyylx38lK46IMh8pQ

FML

Paul Rudd Wow GIF

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

View: https://twitter.com/ramsnfl/status/1577731345341562880?s=61&t=KQDiyPEcXFqUOQ_K49AFFw

First Look: Rams return home to host Cowboys in Week 5​

After two consecutive weeks on the road, the Rams are back home at SoFi Stadium in Week 5 to take on the Cowboys. Kickoff from SoFi Stadium on Sunday is scheduled for 1:25 p.m. pacific time on FOX.

In advance of the contest, here is your First Look at Rams-Cowboys, presented by American Airlines:

Notable Cowboys additions

Re-signed QB Cooper Rush to practice squad on Aug. 31: Rush was later signed to the active roster in wake of starter Dak Prescott's thumb injury and has helped lead Dallas to three straight wins.

Signed S Malik Hooker to a 2-year deal in March: Hooker's 20 total tackles are fourth-most on Dallas' defense, and he has also played a key role in the Cowboys' ability to limit explosive pass plays through their first four games.

Top performers in Week 4

Rush completed 15 of 27 pass attempts for 223 yards and two touchdowns in Dallas' 25-10 win over Washington.
RB Ezekiel Elliott led the Cowboys backfield with 19 carries for 49 yards.

WR CeeDee Lamb was Rush's top target, hauling in six catches for 97 yards and one touchdown. WR Michael Gallup (two catches for 13 yards) was on the receiving end of Rush's other passing touchdown.

Dallas' defense was led by interceptions by S Daron Bland and CB Trevon Diggs. CB Anthony Brown added a forced fumble.

Early storylines to watch, and what they mean for the Rams

Once again, attention will be paid to the trenches this week.

Between the Rams' injuries along their offensive line and the Cowboys' use of linebacker Micah Parsons, it is perhaps the biggest storyline entering Sunday's game.

The Cowboys line up Parsons all over the field to take advantage of his versatility. He can play off the ball, cover running backs and tight ends, blitz and also serve as a pass-rushing defensive end. According to Pro Football Focus, Parsons' 22 pressures are second-most in the NFL this season.
In other words, offenses must know where he is at all times.

The attention he commands opens things up for Dallas' other pass-rushers – that sounds familiar – which can in turn present challenges for an opposing offensive line.

That places increased importance on not only the communication along the offensive line, but between the offensive line and quarterback Matthew Stafford as well.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

no worries everyone, i dropped the rams d to the bench in my money league.

that means they're gonna go ape shit on the cowgirls this week.

Psycho_X

Legend

Yeah that right side has been strong with those two... was watching replay of all the Whiner sacks because I hate myself apparently and basically every one was from Evans and Noteboom. Get Edwards back will help and eventually Allen/Shelton... we just got to weather the storm for another month and hopefully have no more injuries on oline and we should be good to go. Especially with VJ returning... and maybe OBJ. Just got to make it to the back half not buried in standings lol.

Wow, I have no idea why but I was thinking this was a Sunday night football game. With Monday being Columbus day I was totally planning on being smashed beyond comprehension by the end of the game lol. I mean, I probably will still be smashed at the end of this game anyway but my wife would have been less annoyed by it if I went straight to bed afterwards lol.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The question looms, will Jeremiah Kolone hold up at Center because IMO, Brian Allen won't be back until after the bye week. If Edwards is back, hopefully, the limited Kolone can hold up. I doubt that the Rams will start practice squad center Matt Skura, who does have far more starts then Kolone, but not sure if Skura is ready.

Psycho_X

Legend
The question looms, will Jeremiah Kolone hold up at Center because IMO, Brian Allen won't be back until after the bye week. If Edwards is back, hopefully, the limited Kolone can hold up. I doubt that the Rams will start practice squad center Matt Skura, who does have far more starts then Kolone, but not sure if Skura is ready.
I don't expect Allen this week either so will be the main thing to watch probably. If Edwards is back that would help a lot as Evans was a turnstile. I thought Kolone held up well against a great defensive front and no help from his left. Dallas will be a test though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't expect Allen this week either so will be the main thing to watch probably. If Edwards is back that would help a lot as Evans was a turnstile. I thought Kolone held up well against a great defensive front and no help from his left. Dallas will be a test though.
Yeah, I give Kolone a hard time because he doesn't look like an athlete to me and I know he's very limited, but his snaps are solid and it appears he is capable with the line calls. So let's hope for the best.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Yep I really feel this cowboy's game is all about the O line. If they hold up and open some holes I think we win. It would be a gigantic mistake to line Stafford up in Gun in a static offense. Get him under Center, move the pocket, run the ball, hit them with jet sweeps and mis direction. Hopefully McVay will dial up a creative gameplan

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I keep looking at this and my blood pressure just keeps slowly but surely rising. Pissing me off...

Any streaming suggestions? Stay with RedZone...?
I understand. I use https://www.streameast.xyz/abab/ to stream any game I want and the quality is pretty good. Try it tonight for TNF. I just keep the window open on my puter and refresh every day to see if there is any sport I want to watch...