Connor Cook Best Fit for Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think that's the way Snead thinks. If 3 QBs come off the board, they'll likely just go to their board and take the BPA at position of need or trade down. My fear is it's gonna be someone like Darron Lee or Sheldon Rankins if they're not in position for Goff or Wentz. I don't think they value receivers all that much, even though they moved up for Tavon (who kinda filled 3 needs at once - WR/HB/PR).

I hope you're right. Still, gonna prepare myself for all manner of disappointment this time around.

Lee would make me lose my mind, because he's just not a difference maker for the defense in my estimation; I have him as a late round 1 guy who you'd only take mid-first round if your WILL need was severe which ours is not.

Rankins or Lawson would make sense because both are high motor difference makers who would see immediate field time, but yeah I'd be disappointed. I sort of expect that kind of lunacy tbh, so I share your fear and have been trying to get myself ready for it mentally.

The problem with the receivers is they start rolling in with the value late round 1. This is why it makes so much sense for the Rams to get QB over with right out the gate, just hope they can swing it. If it's Cook? Well, bottoms up!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I hope you're right. Still, gonna prepare myself for all manner of disappointment this time around.

Lee would make me lose my mind, because he's just not a difference maker for the defense in my estimation; I have him as a late round 1 guy who you'd only take mid-first round if your WILL need was severe which ours is not.

Rankins or Lawson would make sense because both are high motor difference makers who would see immediate field time, but yeah I'd be disappointed. I sort of expect that kind of lunacy tbh, so I share your fear and have been trying to get myself ready for it mentally.

The problem with the receivers is they start rolling in with the value late round 1. This is why it makes so much sense for the Rams to get QB over with right out the gate, just hope they can swing it. If it's Cook? Well, bottoms up!
I think they can get Cook by moving back into the bottom of the first (if Denver doesn't sort their shit out), or move into the top of the 2nd.
I wouldn't be all that thrilled if they did, but it's better than nothing I guess. It would satisfy the pitchfork and torch brigade, that's for sure.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think they can get Cook by moving back into the bottom of the first (if Denver doesn't sort their crap out), or move into the top of the 2nd.
I wouldn't be all that thrilled if they did, but it's better than nothing I guess. It would satisfy the pitchfork and torch brigade, that's for sure.

I think they can get Cook by moving back into the bottom of the first (if Denver doesn't sort their crap out), or move into the top of the 2nd.
I wouldn't cry if we ended up with Treadwell and Cook.
I'm actually warming up to the idea, that it might be the right move for us.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
That's the beauty of this time of year. People can see things entirely different, and that's cool. I am definitely not a proponent of the Rams taking him at 15 (assuming Lynch is gone by then too). I'm sticking to my guns and suggesting we dramatically upgrade the offense before we even think about reaching for a QB in this draft. Anyone outside of Goff would be a waste of a pick in the first round anyway, IMO. I'd just as soon like to see them take Cody Kessler in the 4th or something if they're looking to add another QB for competition, and use our first 3 picks on weapons.

But don't you think this draft is weak and shallow at the WR & TE positions?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
But don't you think this draft is weak and shallow at the WR & TE positions?
I don't see a Green or J. Jones, but I see guys that are better than what we have now.
I would have loved to have a guy like Travis Benjamin in FA. He's not going to be a HOF'r, but he can play.
That's all we need.

TA isn't a go to wr. Neither is Britt.
We need more options in the passing game.