Connor Cook Best Fit for Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
The accuracy is disturbing. Where I get even more scared is the lack of velocity on his passes and throwing into tight windows. I could see him becoming a pick machine.

That being said, I still think that he's worth a shot in the 2nd round with enough strengths to make me wanna take a chance. Even if he's got a 35% chance at becoming an above average starter, I think you gotta take that shot at QB. Just not in the 1st.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm not advocating the Rams drafting Cook as much as I am defending him against irrational critiques.

Watched quite a bit of Spartan games and as to Alabama other teams actually scored points against them...Wisconsin scored 17, Texas A&M 23, and Clemson scored 40. Now while I concur that Alabama was special on defense, Cook put up nothing, zero points and this is why I want a QB that has some legs like Lynch or is very accurate like Goff because against some great defenses you're going to have to manufacture points and there is no debating that Cook statistically regressed each year, now is that all on him? No, but he has to shoulder some of the blame.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I came away with a Quarterback that could not rally his team guess I'm looking for more in a signal caller, I have seen games where they have taken much away and the great ones salvage something.

Disagree. Football is a team sport. Doesn't matter how great you are; there are some games you simply can't salvage. I've seen Manning and Brady get thoroughly dominated by defenses plenty of times. It happens to every QB.

That all said, Cook is still my #4 option this year. Doesn't have the upside that the other 3 possess because he's just not accurate enough. Still could have an Eli Manning type career, though, in the right situation.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched quite a bit of Spartan games and as to Alabama other teams actually scored points against them...Wisconsin scored 17, Texas A&M 23, and Clemson scored 40. Now while I concur that Alabama was special on defense, Cook put up nothing, zero points and this is why I want a QB that has some legs like Lynch or is very accurate like Goff because against some great defenses you're going to have to manufacture points and there is no debating that Cook statistically regressed each year, now is that all on him? No, but he has to shoulder some of the blame.

There's definitely debating that because he didn't statistically regress each year unless you're solely looking at one stat.

And trying to compare what Clemson did against Alabama to what Michigan State did against Alabama is a pointless endeavor. They're two different teams with different schemes who played Alabama on different days. Clemson scored 40 against Alabama but only 20 against Louisville...what does that mean? Nothing. It's not an apples to apples comparison. There's a reason the old football cliche is "any given Sunday."

Michigan State came out with a terrible gameplan and played to Alabama's strengths all game long. And Alabama happened to match up extremely well with MSU. Alabama's defense is much more susceptible to spread offenses with mobile QBs than they are smashmouth pro style offenses with pocket passers. That's been known for a few years now. Football is a game of match-ups. Cook is a better QB than Trevone Boykin but Trevone Boykin is far more likely to produce in TCU's scheme against Alabama than Cook is in Michigan State's scheme against Alabama.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Michigan State came out with a terrible gameplan and played to Alabama's strengths all game long. And Alabama happened to match up extremely well with MSU. Alabama's defense is much more susceptible to spread offenses with mobile QBs than they are smashmouth pro style offenses with pocket passers. That's been known for a few years now. Football is a game of match-ups. Cook is a better QB than Trevone Boykin but Trevone Boykin is far more likely to produce in TCU's scheme against Alabama than Cook is in Michigan State's scheme against Alabama.

So I guess I'm looking for a Quarterback that has the ability to do both. Again nothing against Cook and I understand you are just trying to refuidiate some misconceptions, however, I would like a quarterback who is either dead accurate or has the ability to extend the play. IMO, Cook who is not a bad athlete does not posses that and is why I would rate Lynch over him.

Again if the Rams draft Cook, I will support him in every which way but loose, but IMHO and again IMHO when the chips are down, I don't know if he has the ability to rally the troops by his grit and determination and again that is just my observations.

Strengths:
  • Can make all the throws
  • Capable of brilliant passes into tight windows
  • Has passed exceptionally well against the blitz
  • Functional mobility
  • Enough arm strength
  • Flashes pocket presence
  • Throws well to the sideline
  • Can be tough to bring down
  • Good mechanics
  • Experience in a pro-style system
  • Experience working under center
  • Three-year starter
  • Toughness
  • Has played hurt
  • Capable of picking up yards with his feet when he has to
  • Has some athleticism
  • Enough size

Weaknesses:
  • Very inaccurate as a passer
  • Consistently misses routine, easy completions
  • Lacks instincts, feel
  • Poor play recall
  • Didn't display understanding of coverage in combine interviews
  • Potential for bigger interception totals in the NFL
  • Not a leader
  • Personality concerns in and out of locker room
  • Wasn't voted a team captain

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
That all said, Cook is still my #4 option this year. Doesn't have the upside that the other 3 possess because he's just not accurate enough. Still could have an Eli Manning type career, though, in the right situation.

And I concur with this, but it has to be the right situation and maybe with the addition of Mike Groh, it makes the Rams a better situation.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The answer to our earlier question... A: Connor Cook B: Paxton Lynch All this data & more

Cfc76ixWAAAGXk2.jpg

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I just dont think Cook is any better than Mannion and would be a waste of a pick. If you are going to draft a QB, draft one that is better than what you already have. To me its euther one of the top 3 or noone.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay one question....Did you watch the Alabama game? Now I'm not one that wants to judge a person on one game, but Alabama totally took away the Spartans ability to run and dared Cook to beat via the pass and he couldn't.

He was great in 2013 not so great in 2014 and in fact was totally outplayed by J.T. Barrett when they played against Ohio State at home and then last year seem to really struggle albeit the injury factor. Now I realize he likes to throw vertical, but that's not the only reason for the low completion percentage because Cook has times where he can't hit the broad side of the barn and then once he gets in rhythm, is much better.

I can understand why the Rams might like Cook because the Rams are a carbon copy to Michigan State on how they play football and Cook is a three year starter that has won many games against excellent competition, but IMHO from accuracy standpoint, I believe the Rams can do much better.
I watched parts of it. It was New Years so I was a little drunk lol but you hit the nail right on the head. With no running game cook seems to struggle. But we have Godd gurley! I doubt that would be an issue. Also, other than burbidge (sp?) Michigan state had no threats at receiver worth talking about. Also, Michigan state was overpowered top to bottom in that game. Did you see their oline? Completely ripped apart by Alabama. Cook was under duress the entire game. That can cause a struggle for a qb

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of these stats are silly when comparing one QB to another. Connor Cook has played behind a solid o-line his whole career and played on teams that were superior to the majority of the teams on their schedule.
Memphis on the other hand is not feeding high on the hog for talent and the success they've had is in direct correlation to Lynch success. Prior to Lynch, Memphis was a 1-3 win per year team. Even with Justin Fuente they only won 7 games in his first 2 years. Then 10 with Lynch...

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Some of these stats are silly when comparing one QB to another. Connor Cook has played behind a solid o-line his whole career and played on teams that were superior to the majority of the teams on their schedule.
Memphis on the other hand is not feeding high on the hog for talent and the success they've had is in direct correlation to Lynch success. Prior to Lynch, Memphis was a 1-3 win per year team. Even with Justin Fuente they only won 7 games in his first 2 years. Then 10 with Lynch...

I think most are in agreement to draft Lynch over Cook, however, if the three QB's are off the board then Cook could be the choice in a trade down scenario. Overall I am hoping Rams trade up to 6 and draft Goff and then this poster will be sleeping very well at night, well, at least until August.

WestCoastRam

Legend
@den-the-coach, yeah. Simple, succinct. Draft Lynch, if you can't, draft Cook. That being said, I was hoping we could trade down in the draft and still have a shot at Lynch. I know pro-days aren't supposed to mean anything but I can't convince myself otherwise, after his pro-day, I don't see Lynch lasting past 15-17. We'll see though.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still could have an Eli Manning type career, though, in the right situation.

I think you are spot on with your Eli manning comparison.

I just dont think Cook is any better than Mannion and would be a waste of a pick. If you are going to draft a QB, draft one that is better than what you already have. To me its euther one of the top 3 or noone.

I disagree Cook is a much better prospect. Mannion has cinder blocks for feet whereas Athleticism is an underrated aspect of Cooks game.Cook is also a more aggressive passer who loves throwing the deep ball and gunning throws into tight windows.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
@den-the-coach, yeah. Simple, succinct. Draft Lynch, if you can't, draft Cook. That being said, I was hoping we could trade down in the draft and still have a shot at Lynch. I know pro-days aren't supposed to mean anything but I can't convince myself otherwise, after his pro-day, I don't see Lynch lasting past 15-17. We'll see though.

I agree, if Lynch is there, take him, sometimes you trade down and miss out like they did back in 2012 trading down because their two targeted linebackers were still on the board Bobby Wagner & Mychal Kendricks only to watch them both come off the board and the Rams ended up with RB Isaiah Pead.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Which two receivers? Quick and Britt?
Beasts baby!!! Hell yeah!!!

How do you feel about Lynch?
Love him....even more after hearing him talk.. A lil goofy, but I like that.
But I'd take Cook too...in the 2nd round...He'll be there....If not Brissett, Driskell, or Cardale Jones in the 3rd....
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/04/04/draft-pff-scouting-report-connor-cook/

PFF SCOUTING REPORT: CONNOR COOK, QB, MICHIGAN STATE
Steve Palazzolo and the PFF draft analysts break down the play of MSU's Connor Cook ahead of the 2016 NFL draft.

PFF ANALYSIS TEAM
GettyImages-455796236.jpg

(Photo by Leon Halip/Getty Images)

Below is the PFF draft profile for MSU’s Connor Cook, which incorporates PFF’s college grades and scouting intel from our team of analysts. To see all of PFF’s 2016 scouting reports, click here.

Position fit: Backup QB initially, but can win games as a starter.

Stats to know: +25.3 overall grade ranked 10th in the draft class in 2015, +9.8 overall grade in 2014 ranked 37th in the nation

What he does best:
• Willing to challenge tight coverage. Not scared to fit passes into tight windows and give his receivers a chance
• Had the highest accuracy percentage on passes that were thrown into “tight” coverage
• Can get to his second read and hit open receivers with a quick release
• Best plays feel like a quick read or adjustment
• Accuracy percentage on deep (20+ yard) passes was best in the draft class at 59.4 percent
• Was excellent on third down. Overall grade of +16.8 tied for best in the class
• Outstanding in the 21-30 yard range. His +15.4 grade led the class

Biggest concern:
• High-risk, high-reward player. The same aggressiveness that creates big plays also gets him into trouble
• Throws “YOLO balls” into zone coverage. Often careless with the ball and just throws it up
• Short area accuracy is inconsistent at best. Graded at -2.3 on passes thrown in the 1-10 yard range
• Turnover-worthy throw percentage of 4.07 percent is higher than the other top quarterbacks in the class
• Struggled under pressure as his 53.4 percent accuracy percentage ranked 23rd in the class and only one of his 24 touchdowns came while pressured
• Does not always set his feet when working to second or third read. Leads to some of his inconsistency

Bottom line: Inconsistency is the name of the game for Cook, whether that’s down-to-down or game-to-game. His aggressive style may actually lead to NFL wins as he’s more than willing to give his wide receivers a chance to make plays, but that same style will likely cost his team games as well as he throws too many passes into coverage. He’s also very inaccurate on shorter passes, so it’s boom or bust for Cook. Even on a week-to-week basis, he graded negatively four times, but also posted two of the top grades of the season in games against Rutgers and Indiana. If Cook is given a chance to start, there will be healthy mix of great and bad, so his future team simply needs to be ready for the roller coaster ride.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I agree with your premise but I think the bold is a tad misleading. Fuente's first year with the team was his only year without Lynch. Very difficult to completely turn a program around in less than one year. Lynch started for him his second year (Lynch's RS Freshman year) and they went 3-9. But yes, they made a remarkable turnaround after that. I think Fuente deserves a bit more credit than the bold seems to give him. But I might just be interpreting your point in a way you didn't intend it to be interpreted.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with your premise but I think the bold is a tad misleading. Fuente's first year with the team was his only year without Lynch. Very difficult to completely turn a program around in less than one year. Lynch started for him his second year (Lynch's RS Freshman year) and they went 3-9. But yes, they made a remarkable turnaround after that. I think Fuente deserves a bit more credit than the bold seems to give him. But I might just be interpreting your point in a way you didn't intend it to be interpreted.
Yeah, I think you might have misinterpreted, or more likely I wasn't clear. First, I thought Lynch split with Karam as a frosh, and was wrong on that. I threw the Fuente piece in there after the fact in preparation of he getting credit for the turnaround instead of Lynch. Point is, they both played a part in it, Fuente is a great coach.
As it pertains to Lynch, man. Memphis was just a college factory of sadness until Lynch showed up. He didn't get to play behind an all big 10 type line and play a schedule of cupcakes. Memphis WAS the cupcake...
I've changed my tune on this kid quite a bit, he clearly put in some WORK between the combine and his pro day. And I was pretty impressed that the wind didn't throw him off his game

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...-is-talking-about-wont-last-long-in-nfl-draft
Connor Cook, the QB no one is talking about, won't last long in NFL Draft

April 11, 2016 11:42 am ET

The draft is less than three weeks away and there is the usual, persistent buzz about the perceived top two quarterbacks available: Carson Wentz and Jared Goff. There is also intrigue surrounding 6-foot-7 Paxton Lynch and much public hand-wringing over the swoon of Christian Hackenberg. But when it comes to Connor Cook, who by many accounts is the most tested and pro-ready quarterback in this draft, there's nearly complete silence, from the scouring community and media.

Hmm.

In fact, until former Super Bowl-winning head coach and noted quarterback guru Jon Gruden began openly gushing about Cook on ESPN last week, and exclaiming out loud what some scouts and execs had been whispering about the quarterback for quite some time, it was difficult to find much being said or reported about the former Michigan State star anywhere outside of East Lansing. Seemed a little fishy to me. And after spending a week sniffing around on the situation, and speaking with numerous accomplished evaluators who don't have a dog in this fight (i.e. they are not going to be taking a quarterback on the first two days of this draft), I am more convinced than ever that Cook is going to be selected higher than many would want you to believe.

The kid with the NFL frame and the most decorated college passer of the bunch who played against the best competition of the group and won the most games of any of them (and in the history of his school) and who stayed out of trouble during five years on campus and led his team to the College Football Playoff this winter and won the Johnny Unitas award is getting virtually no pub and flying completely under the radar. Meanwhile, every visit or move the other quarterbacks make is seemingly being dissected by the media, scouts, general managers and coaches. Interesting.

Looks like a classic case of teams hoping a prospect is there for them to pounce on, of them publically sleeping on someone who has caught their eye, and of them being perfectly content to do whatever they can to ensure that perception -- "he's maybe the fourth-best quarterback in the draft" -- becomes reality. Only I'm not buying that it plays out that way, and neither are several NFL people I trust.

There is at least one team mulling a move up from the second round to the late first round to grab Cook if he is there. Several teams -- again, teams who are not going to be drafting passers high enough to grab Cook -- have him rated the second-best quarterback in the draft on their boards, according to league sources -- and Cook's itinerary has been as full as any of the quarterbacks in this draft. In all likelihood, he is not going to go in the top 10, as Goff and Wentz very well may, but I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him be the third quarterback selected, and for that pick to come in the first round.

"We like him, we like him a lot, actually," said an executive from a team that has Cook as the second-best quarterback in the draft. "We have him right up there with the other two or three (quarterbacks), actually even higher than a few of them. We like the kid a lot. We don't think there is a whole lot separating some of these quarterbacks and Cook is the most ready to play. Goff, look at his tape against Utah, it's not pretty. And Wentz, there is a lot to like there, but he needs to go somewhere and sit for a year or two and develop. If Cleveland takes him at two that is going to be a disaster. There aren't any sure things at this position -- really at most of the skill positions in this draft -- and Cook is definitely high up in that quarterback mix for us."

Cook640.jpg

Connor Cook has his share of admirers among NFL scouts and execs. (USATSI)

Another scout who has spent abundant time on the quarterbacks in this draft said: "We're not going to end up taking him, but there are plenty of people in our building who like him as much as the other two. I don't see him going in the top 15 picks, but after that he is in play. There is a lot to like there, he played in a pro-style offense, he can handle the big stage. He has some things he needs to tighten up and work on -- like all of the quarterbacks in this draft -- but overall I like him." Cook has some impressive qualities, for sure.

At 6-4, 220, with good speed and athleticism, the frame is there, as are the bloodlines, with both his parents and his sister accomplished athletes as well. He played for a strong college prep program in high school, he's fought through injuries at times to play, he's faced elite competition in the Big 10 and thrived to become one of the most decorated quarterbacks in Michigan State history, a program that has recently produced NFL startersKirk Cousins and Brian Hoyer. He threw for 3,131 yards with 24 touchdowns and seven interceptions as a senior, and was named the MVP of the 2013 and 2015 Big 10 Championship games. Yet somehow he's become the Rodney Dangerfield of this quarterback class, seemingly unable to get much respect -- at least overt respect -- through the pre-draft process.

None of this is lost on Cook, of course. How could it be? This is the longest, most-drawn out, highest-profile job audition possible, with every nuance scrutinized across all platforms. So while the Ohio native is focused on the task at hand, it would be impossible not to notice what is -- and this case, is not -- being said about you. The decided lack of buzz about Cook, in the end, could very well be a good thing, though in real-time it's understandably puzzling.

"I hear it, I hear it for sure," Cook said of what's being said about the quarterbacks, "and I respect those guys a lot. I respect Goff and Wentz and Hackenberg and Lynch and all of those guys. But I think I played against really good competition and I played in some big-time games on some big-time stages with a lot of stuff riding on it -- seasons riding on it; championships riding on it -- and I think I played pretty well in those types of game. And to be considered the fourth-best quarterback, I don't really understand why. If it's scouts or coaches, I don't know, I'm obviously not with them watching the film. Maybe it's my completion percentage, maybe that's it. But I think I have the resume to be a first rounder."

The reality is, on the prescient metrics, Cooks grades quite well. He's studied the situation himself, including researching what Hall of Fame Coach Bill Parcells valued most when evaluating college quarterbacks. Once again, Cook checks virtually every box, and most of them probably merit a gold star sticker as well.

"If you look at the Bill Parcells rules to draft a quarterback I think I measure up pretty well," Cook said after completing a visit with the Buffalo Bills over the weekend and driving to visit his girlfriend in Pittsburgh for a brief respite from his circuit of NFL teams. "He should be a college graduate and start at least 30 games (Cook graduated last year with a degree in media and information) and I started 40. He must have 23 wins; I have well over 23 wins (Cook was 35-5 as a starter). He must have a completion percentage over 60 percent; that's the only thing I don't have (Cook completed 57.6 percent of his passes as a starter).

"If you look at his other rules he has to be at least a three-year starter. I did that. So he has to be consistent, and it wasn't like I had just one good year. I proved myself each year I played and I got better as a junior than as a sophomore, and I was better as a senior than I was my junior year. So I don't know why there isn't more talk and I'm not one to be boastful or anything, but this is important stuff, this is the NFL Draft and I am a competitor and I want to be the best. And when people talk about me in a negative way it does upset me, but you can't do anything about it, and I think I've earned every bit to be considered a first-round draft pick."

Some have lazily ascribed Cook's low-key run up to the draft to the fact that he wasn't a team captain, but that's not anything that has resonated with the scouts and evaluators I spoke to. Several scouts who have dealt directly with Cook said they have been very impressed with his personality, some coordinators have raved internally about his demeanor following his visits there. He's also a kid who gave his MVP trophy of the Big 10 Championship to his offensive linemen to parade around the team hotel after their defeat of Iowa, and someone who was clearly one of the leaders and premier players on one of the best college football teams in the country.

"The team captain thing is totally overblown, totally overblown," said one scout who has done extensive work in the Big 10 and on Michigan State in particular. "(All-American center)Jack Allen is the alpha male of that program. Period. There was no way he wasn't going to be named the offensive team captain. He is the toughest guy there.

"You wanna know somebody else who wasn't a team captain in college? I'll give you a hint -- it's somebody you work with ... Boomer Esiason. You think he wasn't a tough guy? You don't think he was a leader? It was just the same sort of situation with him at Maryland at the time, and that's a Pro Bowl quarterback. I'm not saying Cook doesn't have some things he needs to work on, but not beating out Jack Allen as offensive team captain isn't an issue for me at all."

Cook's profile received a boost last week when he went down to Orlando to be grilled by Gruden as part of his annual examination of the top quarterbacks in the draft. And it quickly became evident what the offensive savant thought of Cook. Gruden proclaimed him the best QB in this draft, and expressed his dismay why he isn't in play with the top pick.

"This is awesome man, this is great stuff, you seed the whole field," Gruden said at one point while reviewing film with Cook, in a way that only Chuckie can. "My pass offense got better by meeting you, Cook."

Gruden clearly has a soft spot for quarterbacks in general, but he raved about Cook's prowess in a way reserved for very few. "You started making plays that really weren't there -- not just making system plays ... making plays that I've never seen before … Your mentality playing the quarterback position is different than any kid I've had in here in three years."

Of all the praise coming his way, what had Cook beaming about most was when Gruden referred to him as a "gunslinger" -- Gruden, you'll recall, worked with a young Brett Favre, the quintessential slinger of them all, in Green Bay. "Coach Gruden is a great guy, he's really funny, and he seemed to really like me for whatever reason," Cook said. But there was no time to revel in that.

From Orlando it was back to campus on East Lansing for about 12 hours (about long enough to do some laundry) and then Cook had visits with the Ravens and Bills before a weekend of respite in Pittsburgh and then back to the grind. Cook begins a visit with theDallas Cowboys on Monday, then heads to Miami to meet the Dolphins on Tuesday, then he is with the Denver Broncos on Wednesday and with the San Francisco 49ers on Thursday.

He has already met with the Cleveland Browns -- where offensive coordinator Pep Hamilton handed him a bundle of pass plays, run plays and protections to study for 15 minutes and then saw how many Cook could recall and correctly draw up on the board. "That was a cool challenge and I thought I did pretty well," Cook said. And following the visit with the 49ers, Cook has trips with the Jets and Bears scheduled as well, and then a workout for the Rams.

Literally every team in the market for a quarterback of the present, or the future, has done at least some amount of work on him – some more exhaustive than others – and when draft day finally comes around, I doubt that Cook remains a forgotten man anymore. Certainly not for as long as some would have you believe. He may not go as high as Gruden would draft him, but then again, this time of year you never really know.

"I'm just going with the flow at this point and trying not to get too caught up in where I go," Cook said. "Obviously, I want to be drafted in the first round, but it's all about going to the right team as opposed to what round and what pick you are. If I can go to team with a good coaching staff and I am lucky enough to go to good organization, I'll be very happy."

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Really it comes down to whether the Rams love Cook as a QB prospect.

DO NOT take him at 15 due to fear since you just watched 3x QBs fly off the board. I don't love him as a prospect, so personally I would not take him at 15.

But if the Rams love him, then by all means DO take him. I'll get over it with the help of my scotch.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
DO NOT take him at 15 due to fear since you just watched 3x QBs fly off the board. I don't love him as a prospect, so personally I would not take him at 15.
I don't think that's the way Snead thinks. If 3 QBs come off the board, they'll likely just go to their board and take the BPA at position of need or trade down. My fear is it's gonna be someone like Darron Lee or Sheldon Rankins if they're not in position for Goff or Wentz. I don't think they value receivers all that much, even though they moved up for Tavon (who kinda filled 3 needs at once - WR/HB/PR).