colin cowherd:Has Jared Goff improved enough to lead the Rams or are the Colts just awful?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Rams are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL, they get no respect.

That's for sure. I noticed that they didn't show any Rams highlights during the SNF game, or the MNF game (the first one, didn't see the second one)... There's hardly anything about it. This morning on ESPN Keyshawn was mostly bitching because a reporter asked Goff if he felt the game would shutup those in the media (specifically ESPNLA) trash him a lot. Sure enough Keyshawn was bitching about it saying he'd never talk about Goff again. Mother fucker, that's your fucking job. You're the local sports guy, you're supposed to root for the fucking home team. ESPN can fire every single one of their radio people for all I give a shit, all they do is talk about the NBA. I don't give a fuck that Steph Curry tweeted about Colin Kaepernick, shut up.

Even D'Marco Farr wouldn't talk about the Rams, all he said was the Colts were a bad team.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
Here's what pizzes me off. Had the Patriots or Packers beat the Luckless Colts 46-9, they would go on and on how that's what a playoff teams should do to an 8-8 team without its QB.

Rams are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL, they get no respect.

Dude. Respect is earned, it's not given. And it won't be earned with one win. The Patriots and Packers haven't had 12 straight losing seasons.

Obviously our performance is previous years doesn't affect how our guys will play this year, but it affects perception. The Rams need to put together a string of wins and not have losing year to be taken seriously. It's that simple.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's for sure. I noticed that they didn't show any Rams highlights during the SNF game, or the MNF game (the first one, didn't see the second one)... There's hardly anything about it. This morning on ESPN Keyshawn was mostly bitching because a reporter asked Goff if he felt the game would shutup those in the media (specifically ESPNLA) trash him a lot. Sure enough Keyshawn was bitching about it saying he'd never talk about Goff again. Mother freaker, that's your freaking job. You're the local sports guy, you're supposed to root for the freaking home team. ESPN can fire every single one of their radio people for all I give a crap, all they do is talk about the NBA. I don't give a freak that Steph Curry tweeted about Colin Kaepernick, shut up.

Even D'Marco Farr wouldn't talk about the Rams, all he said was the Colts were a bad team.

Keyshawn not talking at all would make a lot of people happy.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I hear ya coco. I've given up trying to listen to the radio for Rams talk or info. The only ones who talk Rams is Fred Rogin and Rodney Pete at noon and then not very much.

710am is supposed to be the Rams station but they talk nonstop basketball. I wished I knew how to complain to the Rams organization.

Anyone know a phone #? I'd call non-stop if I had one.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Seriously...how the hell does our local media, ESPNLA, constantly just rag on our team. Pathetic....

The Ramowl

Starter
I like how suddenly everyone agrees to say that the Colts was considered from the beginning the absolute worst team in the league even though the Browns, Jets and 49ers were considered worse until Sunday. It's like the Rams are a standard of mediocrity and that regardless of the game, losing like that to us make the Colts a 0-16 team. Let's see if AZ gets a 35+ pts difference next Sunday.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jimmy Johnson talks about Rams coaching staff last years and this years.Gonna wanna hear this.

View: https://youtu.be/rTiAt0rZ_Bs?t=7m19s

understatement of the century. johnson said goff wasn't coached well last season.

me, i think fisher tried his best to ruin goff. just like he did to vince young. the rams knew it and got rid of him quick smart before the damage became too great.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Seriously...how the hell does our local media, ESPNLA, constantly just rag on our team. Pathetic....
Not sure why the hell Meshawn is on the west coast anyway.Ship his ass
to new york and let Demarco have a seat.

Zero

Pro Bowler
understatement of the century. johnson said goff wasn't coached well last season.

me, i think fisher tried his best to ruin goff. just like he did to vince young. the rams knew it and got rid of him quick smart before the damage became too great.

The part that I like most is when he said regardless of who we played
we were a well coached football team.A good coach knows a good coach when he sees one.
And we have a damned fine one.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

these shock jocks crack me up. "this is not reality, having a clean pocket is not reality, having time to throw is not reality".

fuck me, tom brady has had that reality his whole career. his whole career was just described by coward as not reality. and i bet he slurps him up non stop (i don't know, i've never listened to him).

i swear this is the first time i've seen so many media people downplay a qb's efforts so much after a great game.

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Did Goff get shoved down Fisher's throat too?

bluecoconuts

Legend

And for a former coach to say that, you know it's true. He didn't want to say it, you could tell, it was just that bad.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Goff get shoved down Fisher's throat too?

i'm guessing yes.

didn't simplify the offense to help speed up goff's acclimation to the nfl, gave him minimum time with the starters, didn't suit him up the first game then did the second (a clear case of trying to embarrass the young qb with the media calling him a bust from that moment), again not changing the offense at all when goff did make it onto the field or the ridiculous long winded play calls.

snead wanted no part of him last season after the way he treated goff in the offseason. then to see the rams get blown off the park by the worst team in football, if it wasn't for their only 2 wins against the rams, in the opening week while goff was standing in street clothes on the sideline? c'mon man. the whole nfl world saw the rams put up a goose egg, never look like making it out of their own half, with one of the worst displays of qbing by keenum, and goff is standing on the sideline in street clothes. what did that project to the nfl world that goff was in street clothes and the rams sucked so bad they made the worst team in the league look like the best team in the league?

i can't despise a coach more than i do fisher. he ruined any chance vince young had of becoming a good qb with the way he screwed him around and scarred him for life. luckily the rams didn't allow him to do the same with jared.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i'm guessing yes.

didn't simplify the offense to help speed up goff's acclimation to the nfl, gave him minimum time with the starters, didn't suit him up the first game then did the second (a clear case of trying to embarrass the young qb with the media calling him a bust from that moment), again not changing the offense at all when goff did make it onto the field or the ridiculous long winded play calls.

snead wanted no part of him last season after the way he treated goff in the offseason. then to see the rams get blown off the park by the worst team in football, if it wasn't for their only 2 wins against the rams, in the opening week while goff was standing in street clothes on the sideline? c'mon man. the whole nfl world saw the rams put up a goose egg, never look like making it out of their own half, with one of the worst displays of qbing by keenum, and goff is standing on the sideline in street clothes. what did that project to the nfl world that goff was in street clothes and the rams sucked so bad they made the worst team in the league look like the best team in the league?

i can't despise a coach more than i do fisher. he ruined any chance vince young had of becoming a good qb with the way he screwed him around and scarred him for life. luckily the rams didn't allow him to do the same with jared.

Well, hard to know for sure... but Fisher definitely mishandled Goff from the start.

Of course, he mishandled just about everything from the start.

As time goes by, I think fans will see Fisher more and more as a very, very bad coach.

I cannot tall you how happy I am he's gone. My biggest regret is he ruined five football years of my life. I'll never get them back.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, hard to know for sure... but Fisher definitely mishandled Goff from the start.

Of course, he mishandled just about everything from the start.

As time goes by, I think fans will see Fisher more and more as a very, very bad coach.

I cannot tall you how happy I am he's gone. My biggest regret is he ruined five football years of my life. I'll never get them back.

i didn't know whether to give you a thread winner or an ouch because your post is both. i stuck with thread winner.

theduke

Rookie
Camp Reporter
I like how suddenly everyone agrees to say that the Colts was considered from the beginning the absolute worst team in the league even though the Browns, Jets and 49ers were considered worse until Sunday. It's like the Rams are a standard of mediocrity and that regardless of the game, losing like that to us make the Colts a 0-16 team. Let's see if AZ gets a 35+ pts difference next Sunday.
Yes! The Colts were FAVORED in this game, until the action shifted to make it a slight edge for the Rams.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Cowherd is a shecocks homer. He used to be the sports guy on the Portland NBC channel when I lived there and he covered the Seattle sports teams extensively. Hell - I think he was born in WA IIRR.

He left for his national radio gig before the shecocks started winning so he is probably still butt hurt over the throttling the Rams historically laid on the chickens. I think he needs to believe that the Rams won't return to prominence.

Listening to Cowherd for objectivity on the Rams would be almost exactly like expecting it from Conzano. Don't hold your breath.